The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are you a musical lover?

Petrie · 7 · 1890

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No, having three song cues in the film, does not make LBT movies musicals.  :lol

I'm sure you all know what musicals are - many songs, ususally one or two major dance numbers that branch off from one of the songs.  That's as simple as they get.

I've followed many of them, and have my list of favorites, and I've found that I often care for the music more than the plot line.  I don't think I've ever enjoyed the plot more than the music.

1.  The Sound of Music
2.  The King and I
3.  The Wizard of Oz (it's major dance scene, The Jitterbug was cut from the film)
4.  Chicago
5.  Oklahoma!
6.  Anything Goes
7.  Grease (Now can you hand jive?)
8.  Newsies
9.  The Music Man
10. Annie
11. Singing in the Rain

I'm bound to see many more.  I'll probably watch a few more we have on tape that I haven't really watched yet - A Chorus Line, and Bye Bye Birdie. ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
West Side Story
Phantom of the Opera
Annie
Just to name 3.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Do they just have to be musicals? The only real musical I liked was "Little Shop of Horrors". Ya know...the massive man-eating plant that bellows rather melodiously "Feed me Seymour!" LOL! Love it!

I feel like such an antagonist in things like this...I seem to like and dislike the opposite to everyone else! PMSL!  :P: I didn't like Grease or West Side Story. Sound of Music I havent really seen much of and don't even go there with the theatre and operas!  <_<

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well to each thier own. What do you like Littlefoot? I also liked "Little Pet Shop of Horrors" With Rick Moranis as Seymour.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
In terms of movies, I love a bit of action! Not macho men with big guns who mindless blow stuff up (there goes my views on Rambo  :P: LOL) but...the kinda stuff that has you on the edge of your seat. Since I find myself and what I do a bit boring...I love to indulge in more exciting things like action flicks and fast-paced video games.  :^.^: So, in light of this, musicals don't float me boat to well!  :x

But that's just me! Im not expecting everyone to be the same! Coz I'd be very stupid and narrow-minded if I did!  :rolleyes:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Action Mystery and fantasy are my favorites. Don't go in  much for sappy love stories, but a edge-of-the-seat thriller will always keep me hooked.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Grease
3. Moulin Rouge
4. West Side Story
5. Bye Bye Birdie
6. Annie
7. Singin' in the Rain
8. The Sound of Music
9. Mary Poppins
10. My Fair Lady
11. Les MisÈrables
12. Brigadoon
13. Aladdin
14. Oklahoma!
15. Phantom of the Opera

I feel enough time has passed we can resurrect this topic.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf