The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Mornai · 10 · 1295

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Has anyone heard of this movie? I've heard of it and seen some movie scenes of it on youtube from people who somehow got the movie before it's release. Anyway, it seems a pretty good movie to me, and i love the songs in it. If anyone else has heard of it, what are your thoughts on it?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Saw it and not buying it.  If you like Alvin that much, watch something from the 80s (The Chipmunk Adventure isn't a bad start).  This one puts Alvin in the hiphop era.  :x

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really love this movie actually. I saw it 3 times and hope to buy it as soon as I can (I'm kinda into rap music.)But, imo this movie is really not as bad as everybody makes it out to be . I collected all the Chipmunks movies.  But yeah, if you're not into rap music or CGI live action. Watch the Chipmunk Adventure that movie rocked.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i saw it before it was released because my friend works at blockbuster and gets new movies early. I never liked the movie, but i guess if your a big enough Alvin and the Chipmunks fan then you might like it.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Apr 2 2008 on  12:26 AM
I really love this movie actually. I saw it 3 times and hope to buy it as soon as I can (I'm kinda into rap music.)But, imo this movie is really not as bad as everybody makes it out to be . I collected all the Chipmunks movies.  But yeah, if you're not into rap music or CGI live action. Watch the Chipmunk Adventure that movie rocked.
I Didn't think much of the songs were mainly about rap, because i've heard the soundtrack and there's maybe 2 or 3 or so rap songs total. Most people won't like it because it's not the same as they all knew and loved it, but many people will like it as well mainly because to some they look "cute" and are actual chipmunk size.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,Apr 2 2008 on  01:31 AM
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Apr 2 2008 on  12:26 AM
I really love this movie actually. I saw it 3 times and hope to buy it as soon as I can (I'm kinda into rap music.)But, imo this movie is really not as bad as everybody makes it out to be . I collected all the Chipmunks movies. But yeah, if you're not into rap music or CGI live action. Watch the Chipmunk Adventure that movie rocked.
I Didn't think much of the songs were mainly about rap, because i've heard the soundtrack and there's maybe 2 or 3 or so rap songs total. Most people won't like it because it's not the same as they all knew and loved it, but many people will like it as well mainly because to some they look "cute" and are actual chipmunk size.

Many people just don't like movies based off TV shows and put into a CGI live action movie. For example Garfield very popular cartoon right? But then once they put him in a CGI live action movie most people didn't like it.(Myself included by the way) Point is they have been animated characters since like the 50's and for some people after seeing them animated for fifty years it's kind of a stretch for some people to like it because they had been drawn another way for years and now seeing them computerised may be to different for some people.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
if i saw that film i would be a hipocrite cos on youtube people are scewing up epic song for my fav artist, i dont mind if people like the film but on youtube i hate what people have done, it's unforvibale
famous last words chimpmunk vision

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: mcr mad,Apr 2 2008 on  11:19 AM
if i saw that film i would be a hipocrite cos on youtube people are scewing up epic song for my fav artist, i dont mind if people like the film but on youtube i hate what people have done, it's unforvibale
famous last words chimpmunk vision
You don't know how many people I have seen doing my favorite songs in Alvin and the Chipmunk voices on Youtube and totally butchering the song. I love the film but come on do they really have to do that?

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Apr 2 2008 on  11:40 PM
You don't know how many people I have seen doing my favorite songs in Alvin and the Chipmunk voices on Youtube and totally butchering the song. I love the film but come on do they really have to do that?
There are actually many people who love when someone does that, and sometimes say it is better than the original version. I like some of the songs they did this to, but not a lot. Besides they do it for entertainment, not to anger you.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alvin and the Chipmunks can date all the way back to the 80s, and for it's time, it was an impressive work of art.  It did many things back then that alot of TV Shows just can't seem to do right today.  The main ones being songs and the chipmunk-like voices.

You know how many shows that attempt to put a song in, have the song either pop up randomly and/or have mostly really bad ones?  Alvin and the Chipmunks never really suffered such a fate.  Most of the songs were actually rather good and had more of a purpose to the episodes.  Even though I can't remember the songs much, I know they were at least good.

As we all know, every TV show back then had a little gimmick that was used practically every episode.  This one had Alvin always getting on the nerves of Dave, their caretaker.  It was quite the funny concept and was kept enjoyable because they never kept it exactly the same.  Alvin always found a different and new way to get on Dave's nerves that just kept it as if the joke was fresh and original.  In the end, it was hard to actually not laugh at such a thing.

One other thing I will say is that they gave all 3 of the big boy main charcters girlfriends, and they were actual "girlfriends".  These three girls didn't love them for their music and fame, but for who they were on the inside.  They showed them real care, respect and friendship.  Not to mention they kept away those who really didn't love them on quite a few occasions.  Ah, good times!  We really don't get stuff like that for more than one charcter these days, huh? :)

Why it ever died out, I'm not sure.  However, I'm going to try and find a torrent of it online.  It's just one of the better shows of the 80s that deserves to be kept alive any way possible.  Who knows?  Maybe you'll see them up on YouTube soon. ;)

What do I have to say about the movie?  Nothing.  I haven't seen it yet. -_-