The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

th blair witch project

kjeldo · 13 · 1137

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
hi!

ever heard of 'blair witch project'? the documantary which they said that the students really disapearred?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes! My exboyfriend told me about it a few days ago.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I did see it in the cinema back then. It sure was creepy.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought it was insanely cheesy, not scary.  The people just acted so stupid it was almost funny.  The same can be said about many other so called "horror" films.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Horror on $0 budget never works out. The film was cheesy. The "actors" were horrible. the "direction" was infuriatingly bad. I couldn't have more of the problem with the MST3k-fodder if I tried.

On top of all of that, the monster was the most unterrifying, and most easily escapable thing ever.
Evidently, she kills you by making you stand in a corner, then pushes you over. This is particularly effective if you happen to be a 5-year-old with brittle bone disease.

How would I win?
Given how much warning I'd have had by this time (find little stick figures in odd places, someone making a lot of noise at night, moving all my stuff around, generally being a pain in the rear. Essentially, it’s the Blair Witch saying "please leave the woods or you’ll force me to be mildly irritating for a while longer."),
The Blair Witch is, however, old, dead and picks on children. I'm plenty old enough to just punch her in the face and stroll away, possibly walking on her lawn in the process.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ I think they didn't really try to "act" much but rather behave like they would expect students who are not aware that there is anyone to watch them on screen to behave. There were a couple of details in the movie which one could easily miss. For example it was mentioned, that the witch always had the kids stand facing the wall and touch the wall witch their hands before she killed them. Along the walls of that cabin they entered at the end of the movie were many handprints and the last picture we saw before the camera was dropped was one of the students facing the wall.
Personally I prefer subtle hints over the excessive splattering of some movies. However, when it comes to horror movies I don't think there are many here who know even less about them than I do. Horror in general is not really my genre.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
This movie was so corny I couldn't stand to watch all of it.  Luckily, when I saw it, it was on tv so I could just change the channel.  It was one of those movies that left me wondering how much longer before it ended.  And no, I did not find it scary.  If you want to see real horror, watch the original Psycho.  There is a movie that still scares me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If I'm not mistaken, the Blair Witch Project really happened.  I believe it was somewhere in rural New York.

Here are a few others that happened which are worth checking out:

Amityville Horror
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(yeah, those creeps are suspected of killing at least 33 folks from 1968 to 1972)
Hostel(director Tim Roth explains to the Japanese actress behind the scenes that something like this happened in Vietnam during the Khmer Rouge)
Wolf Creek(cheesy, but spooky to imagine the terror those poor folks felt)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
According to Wikipedia the story was completely fictional, but some false information about the movie being a documentary rather than a horror movie was spread for advertising purposes.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Amityville Horror
 Yes it was creepy but I have doubts about how true it is.  

Texas Chainsaw Massacre(yeah, those creeps are suspected of killing at least 33 folks from 1968 to 1972)
Well if there really are creeps like this then they are just another reason to carry a consealed gun.  (And know how to use it too)

Hostel(director Tim Roth explains to the Japanese actress behind the scenes that something like this happened in Vietnam during the Khmer Rouge)
Not only was this movie stupid, it was not scary.  It was nothing but a gore fest meant to please those who get pleasure from watching insane ammounts of blood splatter everywhere.  

However, I have seen some other horror movies which bordered on "insanely stupid" and "downright ludicruos".

See No Evil was a great example of this.  At one point, this girl had a gun pointed at the guy but did she shoot him from a safe distance?  No!  She walked right up to the freak and put the gun to his forehead.  Then he grabbed it away from her.  I want to know why she didn't blow his head off from across the room.  I mean, if you are that stupid, you almost deserve what you get.  Most of the time, these people die as a result of their own stupidity.  Another example is when the bad guy trips and falls and they stand over him thinking he is dead.  Then he gets up and kills them.  You know, if the bag guy falls down, I wouldn't stop!  I'd take advantage of it and get as far away as possible.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Jul 2 2008 on  05:58 PM
Not only was this movie stupid, it was not scary.  It was nothing but a gore fest meant to please those who get pleasure from watching insane ammounts of blood splatter everywhere.  

Yeah, that's true.  While the Khmer Rouge similar event was an interesting point brought up by Eli Roth(not Tim Roth, my bad :slap), the film was ridiculous.  I feel it could have been a lot scarier.  When I saw paramedics outside of the theatre, I was like, "Heck yeah!  This is gonna be the biggest scare ever!"  I only vomited once, during the optic nerve scene :x.  Good thing only a little came up, for I would've felt sorry for the guy in front of me :p.  Anyhoo, the film was overrated and there was WAY too much sexual content for my taste <_<.