The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love the movie. I also like POTC 3.

I love all of the rum references. When I watch it, I always forget that it is a Disney movie. Then I see the credits and the Disney logo.

Did anyone see the easter egg at the end of the first and second movie?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have all three movies on my iPod and iPhone. It is a good trilogy. For starters, the dialogue is fairly witty. They are also great with pyrotechnics. I'm watching the first one right now, and it just at the scene when the Black Pearl first arrives at Port Royal. I also love the sword-fighting. It is excellently choreographed. They also got the mayhem and chaos extremely well. There were wooden ships, bed pans, hot coals, cannons, and Colonial buildings. They even had corsets.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest: A Review
Warning: Spoilers Ahead

Port Royal (Opening Scene)
The opening scene was good overall, but there were a few places where it was not good. I got confused when the camera kept switching between Elizabeth and the arresting of Will. I only recently realized that the arrest had already happened, and the switching was just a recap. I personally liked Lord Beckett pulling out the warrant for Elizabeth Swann instead of Will Turner, and then pulling out the warrant for Will Turner. The mention of Jack Sparrow's name gave a good sense of foreshadow.

Unnamed Island
This is just downright macabre. I mean, one guy is being dragged to almost certain death, and another is in a cage being eaten by crows. If that isn't macabre, then I have no clue what is. I got a good laugh out of Jack shooting the crow through the coffin. I also got a good laugh out of Jack's logic when he was explaining to the crew what they were going for. I can see why Jack would have some good done by shooting the monkey. Then, when they needed a heading, the compass shifting its direction gave a sense of foreshadow.