The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 222467

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting..' Dr Landon mused " Do you think.. possibly that dragonstorm might be posing as a logging company.. Frankly Nothing really would surprise me given what we know about them.. They know we're after them, so they have hidden themselves away..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(OOC - It was mentioned in the discussion that Cobalt Squad, Cobalt Leader and a certain new character can be controlled by anyone as long as continuity is maintained.)

"What else could they pose as?" Alfred said.

"Uh guys, I think that map may have been stolen," Dr. Zanasiu said.

Zachary shrugged. "So what? We've broken quite a few laws chasing Dragonstorm?"

"True, but shouldn't we try to avoid breaking laws when possible?"

"You think legal action will work with these [censored]s!?"

Alfred said nothing but started the engine and prepared to head out.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Two wrongs don't make a right' Aisha replied. " we're already being portrayed as the bad guys by the idiots in the national media, we have to try, as much as possible, not to feed into that negative portrayal. Sometimes, we may have to bend the rules, but only as a last resorts. We're not dragonstorm.. lets keep it that way.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The van was now on its way to Zemoth's Vegetarian Cafe. The streets were not brightly lit but the van's powerful headlights provided ample illumination in the front.

"Aisha's right. We can't simply go raid every logging camp in Culeston. That's not how we operate. Yes, we're technically vigilantes, but let's be honorable vigilantes," Dr. Zanasiu said.

Spc. Crota closed his eyes, raised his head from the seat and looked out the back window. "There's someone following us," he said.

"I don't see anyone," Alfred said.

"You forget that I can sense heat. It looks like an ordinary car but there's only one driver," he said.

"Could it be Dragonstorm?" Dr. Zanasiu asked.

"Could be but we don't know. It could just be a guy who happens to be going to the same place that we are," Zachary said.

"So what's the plan?"

Cobalt Leader spoke up. "We stay in the vehicle until the person behind us exits their vehicle. Once they do so, we watch to see if they enter the resturaunt. If they do, we can safely assume that they are a civilian who happens to be heading to the same resturaunt as we are. If they do not exit after 10 minutes, then we leave the resturaunt. If they exit and loiter for an unreasonable time, we leave. Sound good?" he said.

Alfred continued driving down the road.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sounds good to me..'Aisha said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Several minutes passed and the vehicle still continued following them.

Soon, they arrived at Zemoth's. It was located in the shopping area of Culeston and was very well lit. The place was filled with people either shopping or having dinner.

Alfred parked the van and killed the engine. The clock on the van read 8:45 PM.

Spc. Crota noticed the vehicle following them had pulled into a parking space quite far from them and the driver, an Iguana exited the vehicle and headed into the resturaunt.

"Guys, the driver just entered the  resturaunt; we're safe," Spc. Crota said.

Alfred opened the door and Dr. Zanasiu, Dr. Bailey and Zachary all got out of the vehicle.  Spc. Crota and Sgt. Masters were the last to exit.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"I don't like the looks of this" Corporal Stern told the others. "Dragonstorm is a canny foe. I don't believe they didn't count on us following them to Oregon. I wouldn't be surprised if they were watching us now."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu entered the restraunt. It was very crowded inside.

"Table for 12," he said.

"You will have to wait a moment," the server said. He was a dark furred Thoroughbred.

Spc. Crota and Sgt. Masters slithered onto a bench and coiled themselves up. Several guests nearby paid no heed to them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, its not as if we haven't made our intentions jknown to them, that whole Vegas fiasco was because of our chasing them" aisha said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stern sat down at the table with the rest. He was not used to this, eating in such a public, unofficial place, so very different from the mess halls...

"We might be listened to, so we need to keep talk about sensitive topics to a minimum." He told the rest of them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'good point. So what looks good on the menu?' Aisha asked ' We could start with an appetizer or two.." Dr Landon said peering over his menu
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The server handed everyone a menu.  The server was a dark skinned Human who appeared to be Cpl. Stern's age.

"Good evening, my name is Jack and I'll be your server tonight. What would you like to drink?" he said.

"Water," Alfred said.

"Iced tea, unsweetened," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Sprite," Zachary replied.

"Coke," Dr. Bailey replied.

"Water for all of us," Cobalt Leader said, gesturing to Spc. Crota and Sgt. Masters and the two other soldiers with them.

Jack wrote down all the orders. He then turned to the others at the table. "And your orders?" he asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll have a Sprite" aisha said "I'll have a coke myself " Dr landon said " what is the special for tonight? He asked Jack
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The special is our mushroom pasta," Jack replied as he was taking down the orders.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hawkeye nodded in response to Vic's question.  
"We're ready."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you have ravioli" Aisha asked " If you do I'll have that .
'I'll have the pasta " Dr landon said placing his order
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes, we have mushroom, four cheese and spinich raveoli." Jack said.  He then wrote down the order for Aisha.

"I'll have the vegetarian chili," Alfred said.

"We're fine," Sgt. Masters and Spc. Crota said.

"Mushroom pasta," Dr. Zanasiu said.

"Chickpea curry," Zachary said.

"Vegetable stew," Cobalt Leader said.

"Okra curry," Dr, Bailey said.

Jack took down all the orders and waited for Dr. Landon to order.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll have the 4 chese thanks " aisha said handing her menu in.. how long before the food is ready?' she asked..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Vic nodded.

The Rubber Raider Crafts were set and being pushed into the water.  Combat vests were being passed to the newcomers.

Ice jumped back into one of the Cayuse, and the helicopter lifted off again to the bay.

"Everyone mount up!" Vic called.  "As soon as the tanker base starts to leave, we wait for Ice to open up a window for us!"

----------

A trenchcoated hitman meets Ariol on the bridge.  "The supplies have been loaded for the voyage.  We are ready to depart."

"Get ready to ship out," Ariol replied.  "The sooner we disappear into the ocean the better..."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'll have a cheese pizza" Corporal Stern told the waiter. He didn't trust this Jack, then again, Stern didn't trust the mailman, fireman, or the weatherman, so he really didn't trust some guy handling pizzas. Then again, Stern was perhaps a bit paranoid.