The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Happy Birthday, NeptuneNavigator2001!

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,May 8 2008 on  01:19 AM
Marie Antoinette:  Let NeptuneNavigator2001 eat cake!
I can't help it...I can't help it....
First off, it wasn't cake, it was brioche, slightly better quality bread. This gives the phrase a lot less meaning.
Secondly, the line has been used in print as early as 1760 to show aristrocratic decadence. Supposedly (but not verifyably) it has been heard as early as 1740. Attoinette supposedly said the line in 1789.

Anyway, enough of the history of the phrase, let this party continue as if I'd never interrupted it. That would be best.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Ah, well, it was already over, mostly...  And, I wouldn't call that interrupting, Clawandfang.  I would call that input.  I've never heard that phrase, personally, so I wouldn't know about it.  Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Doh, I didn't even know Dutch Apple pie when I was eating it!  *growls*  Yeah, I saw the lid for it today...  So yeah, that was it, all right!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile