The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23802

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow, 7 votes for LbT 13! I think I¥m one of a few that really love this movie. :o

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm one of those few also. Many people don't like it because it has no serious content in it or something <_< . But LBT 11 also has 7 votes, so I guess it's a tie.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Noname,Mar 9 2008 on  10:46 PM
# 13:

-No Kenneth Mars as Littlefoot's grandfather
-Weird, crazy creatures which make the whole thing too silly.
-STUPID names for above creatures.
-Bad pacing
-Too little use of other characters besides main ones and stupid creatures.
*applause* EXACTLY my feelings! The Yellow Bellies were just over-the-top dumb, and one of the major reasons I'm hoping LBT 14 will come out is that #13 just can't be the last movie, it was too dissapointing to end the series on. It would have made a better TV episode, there just wasn't enough substance to draw out a whole movie.

Lots of people are reacting negatively to LBT 11, too, I actually rather liked LBT 11, if only for the throwaway jokes and the proportionally large role played by Mr. Clubtail. His "No!" during the song "Creepy Crawlies" is one of my favorite LBT lines of all time.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
11. Alright, assuming that Littlefoot would lie over something as stupid as that after everything he's been through to grow him up, the Tinywhatevers ruined the rest along with the tickling scene.

And whoever voted for #1: you're a fool with no taste.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
And whoever voted for #1: you're a fool with no taste.

Wow.  That made me laugh. :lol I'm sure it was a mistake on their part.

Seems that LBT 11 and 13 are tied.  Not surprising.  I didn't like either of those movies very much.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are they the most unlike the other more recent sequels before and between them?

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
My answer?  None.  At all...  Period... -_-  <_<  :angry: And, you won't catch me in this thread again... <_<

*NeptuneNavigator2001 has left the conversation...*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ummmm....okay.  That was weird.... :blink:

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
*sigh* *re-enters*

Sorry if I came off as a little gruff, Austin...  It's just that this sort of thing bugs the heck out of me... -_- It's one of my sore spots...  But, no disrespect intended to anybody that answered truthfully; I'm just stating that, as a franchise, I like the whole darn thing.  Pick a LBT movie out of the list, and hand it to me to watch, and, if I'm not doing something, I'll watch it...

*leaves again*
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Glad i'm not the only LBT fan who thought the 13th was dissapointing. I though it would be cool having Cuba Gooding Jr and Sandra Oh in a LBT film, yet it was awful  :bang

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The atmosphere of the 13th movie was just to unserios, i guess that is why many older fans don't like it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can handle a non serious film, but when it turns into a film with nothing but a babbling of stupid creatures, that's when I've got a problem. -_- The gang just weren't themselves and the 3 stupid creatures really got to me.  I could have handled the mute green one, but not those annoying pink and blue ones.

The plot line was bad overall.  I mean, if those creatures were really that stupid, they would be extinct by now.  Every last one of their species. :rolleyes:

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
plus in the 13th there was no Tress MacNeille and I'm guessing that's because of the Futurama films she was recording for. And what happened to Kenneth Mars. Not only was he not in this film but he wasn't in the little mermaid 3 either  :blink:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
XI
I mean "Tinysaurs" !? How did they even have 'saurus' in their vocabulary!? Agreeing with LBTfan about Big Daddy's anatomy  :o ! I did like Tria's intorduction and Cera's jealously over her, though.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Glad to say that I won't vote in this poll. Simply because I don't dislike any of the movies, now that I've finaly seen them all. That is, except 9 and 13.

Hm, guess I'm one of the few that really likes LBT XI. I really like that movie! Don't really know why. Just like it. :^.^:
I kinda fancy the Tinysauruses.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm going to have to re watch all of these movies before I choose. :p I am pretty picky when it comes to these movies and entertainment in general, but when I have re watched all of the movies, I'll vote. Right now though...I can't.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I chose LBT13 out the last three sequels this definatly takes the cake I guess it was the dodo birds AKA yellowbellies and the songs that ruined it for me not to mention it sounded like the gang was younger voicewise,and the whole thing about wisdoms man that was lame I don't know what they were even referencing when they said wisdoms ten commendments,bill of rights,what?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem like 11 and 13 are the most disliked of the LBT movies.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually thought 11 was OK. I don't really like 2 or 3 at all, either.