The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you listening to?

kaytea · 6923 · 414375

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue" - as usual, the Columbia Jazz Masterpieces edition; as close to the original as you can get without trying to find an LP of it!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm...  Ya know, I just CAN'T seem to get enough of Miles Davis' "B****es Brew..."  What is it about this album that I keep coming back to??! :lol I really don't know, but, I do know, that I love to listen to it!  Now, if only it had a less - potentially - offensive name, then it would be easier to talk about it with people! :lol: (Though, I hardly think that Davis intended to use the derogatory form that is typically thought of in this modern society... :huh: ) And, if only they hadn't tinkered with the CD version - and created a new, remixed master, despite the bad state of the original master; just copied it - and just left the Columbia Jazz Masterpieces edition alone...!  Teo Macero had to work HARD to mix it right for CD - Yahweh rest his poor soul... :( So then, people could hear what it is supposed to sound like - the way Teo and Miles wanted it - as opposed to what it DOES sound like, on the remaster.  And...  A bonus track?  Davis would have never approved of something like that - Yahweh rest his weary soul too! -_-

Hmm; voodoo music?  Noise?  I don't think so at all; in my eyes, it's a beautiful experiment! :DD

EDIT: And, I have no problem at all with cover versions.  That's fine by me...  But, let's leave classics, "classic," eh?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Alvin and the Chipmunks - Twist and Shout {The Chipmunks Sing the Beatles}

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Miles Davis - "Live-Evil"

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Alvin and The Chipmunks - How We Roll

Followed by Alvin and The Chipmunks - Bad Day (Actual artist Daniel Powter(I think))

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,May 28 2008 on  01:13 AM

Followed by Alvin and The Chipmunks - Bad Day (Actual artist Daniel Powter(I think))
Any classic chipmunk tunes or only that film?  I see you've links to them.  I like the much older stuff.

Joe Hisaishi - The Legend of Ashitaka {Works II}

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...I'm listening to IT again...  I tried listening to the remaster - blugh! :x  :x  :x I can't stand that versiion - it just sounds...  Tinny!  As opposed to, deep and full...

For those of you who don't know what IT is...  Well...  Look five posts up...  Heh...

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I had a topic about the loudness wars in the sound section.  You could always post there or make a topic about remastering if you want.  Guaranteed, me and Tim at least will talk about it. ;)

Carrie Underwood - Before He Cheats {Some Hearts}

(now there is bad mastering!!!)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Heh!  I could, but...  I'm...  Drawing now!  Yes!  Inspired by it, Miles, and the LBT fanart of Sky, Lillefot, Nimrod, and Mumbling, I go on...

Anyway Adam, I'm happy to see that you and action/Tim care about such things! :D We need a little, ehh...  Quality control?? <_< ...I'll try it eventually...  But, I can't do it now!  *picks up pencil*

*Edited post to remove "surprise" about drawing...  And, after doing some thinking, I realized that I was inspired by more than just Miles Davis...  So, that's also why I edited it...*

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's a sin - Pet Shop Boys

-Thank you radio FM, I find new sources of energy everyday! :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Indestructible and Symbolistic White Walls by Matthew Good Band are now in a separate playlist on my iPod, which is near-constantly running.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Katie Melua - Nine Million Bicycles {Piece by Piece}

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 28 2008 on  08:19 AM
Quote from: Mornai,May 28 2008 on  01:13 AM

Any classic chipmunk tunes or only that film?  I see you've links to them.  I like the much older stuff.
I listen to some of the classics as well.

Freebird - Lynard Skynard (3rd time)

That song never gets old. B)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The Beatles - I Feel Fine {The Red Album 1962-1966}

on LP  :P:

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just got done listening to Miles Davis' "In a Silent Way," his first Fusion recording.  (Man, it's so different from "B****es Brew...")  And now, I'm listening to "A Tribute to Jack Johnson, again...  Good Jazz-Rock, IMO...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile