The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague RP Discussion thread

Ducky123 · 192 · 19209

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
hehe :D sure I (others as well) can tell you if there are any :) But don't worry too much about that, English isn't my native language either :lol and I'm pretty sure that I make mistakes, too :yes :angel
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ducky123, I need to tell you that I'm leaving this game.

The game itself is wonderful, but I have my reasons to leave. One such reason is that I have to cut my activity at this board. I feel that I spend too much time here without actually contributing anything useful, and that kills my own creative projects.

I wished to make this board a better place, but I failed.

I'll continue to post those funny images in the caption section, and I'll also visit once a week to post something else, just for fun, but that's it. Sorry.

Still, you can always ask me if you need some more plot ideas.
Give Ruby to LoyfeCycleProtector if he agrees. This way, he can play as both Ruby and Chomper, which is very convenient.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, that's no problem.

In my opinion you contribute to the GoF... Without you the Caption This section would be kind of dead and you made some interesting topics. You also revived some interesting  topics for which I have to thank you because I wouldn't have found them since I don't revive much of them lately( though I used to)
Every member here makes the GoF a better place, trust me.

About who'll get Ruby I suggest that someone who doesn't have one of the main characters yet or somebody completely new should play her, nothing against you, Loyfe, but since Chomper and Ruby are closest to each other you'd sometimes roleplay with yourself which is annoying(experienced it in the past)
As long as we haven't found somebody who can take Ruby I'll play her.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I wish you luck in your absence, MurMur.

About the Ruby thing... Ducky123 and I were talking about this on Skype and he had suggested that I take Ruby now. I understand that this is a confusing transition, but as long as nobody else wants her, I'll probably be playing her from now on. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright :) As long as nobody wants her you can play her( it was fun to play her though I only played her for one day :lol )

After Kor and Mr Wonk played the scene between Topsy and Cera the Gang can meet again and talk about their experiences with the grown-ups( I think we don't need to play the scene with Chomper and Ruby further... Chomper may say something along the lines 'ahh, that was tasty' and that'd be it, when they meet the others again...)

EDIT: forgot Tria :DD I start the scene for you two ;)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Gotcha. I agree, the Chomper Ruby interaction should end where it's at-- I only kept it going so long because nobody else seemed to be posting

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
StrutEggStealer plays Ruby now, I hope it's okay, somerandomfangirl?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That's perfectly fine with me. Strut PM'd me earlier about it to ask me, and I don't mind giving Ruby over to her. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Just need to make an announcement to our new member, brittanytangle13.

First off, it's nice to see that you have taken an interest in this RP, however, I'm afraid that we need to know who you are planning to play in this and we need to clarify that everyone knows what is going on. I must stress that this is a strict no-OC RP, and the characters on the list have all been taken. If you wish to have one of these characters and play as them, then feel free to PM that member or ask about it here to see if they will let you have them.

Again, I'm afraid that somebody can't just burst into an RPG without telling anybody else, as this can cause confusion amongst the other players. If you do wish to participate, then let us know here so that Ducky123, myself, and the other players can sort something out for you. :yes

Don't take this as having a go at you, but we need to make sure that this RP runs as smoothly as possible.

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://unfortantly i don't have one (i might try!)
me? oh yes! i will use my lbt series OC brittany the human girl

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats on finding our site, brittany! Unfortunately, the Great Plauge roleplay is a non-OC roleplay, so only characters that have been introduced in universe can be role-played as.

However, if you enjoy roleplay, I encourage you to start your own. You simply need to start your own roleplay topic in the roleplay section with a story in mind, and find people who want to play.

Once again, congratulations on joining the GOF!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I need to know your opinions about something, guys :)

Should we let the grown-ups stay hard like a bricket or should they admit their sickness?

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, let's list what would actually be functionally different. If they admit that their sick, then the gang goes off with their blessing, maybe the adults could provide foreshadowing to the trials ahead, and they'll at least have directions from the valley to the Land of the mists. It's simple and direct, gets the journey started quickly, and is probably the more in-character option of the two.

Now, consider the other option: what If they steadfastly refuse to admit that they're sick, no matter how blatantly obvious it is? Well, that begs the obvious question: why? A possible reason could be that the adults know the gang will go searching for a cure, and-- if we do decide this is the same disease as the one from movie four-- they'd know the gang would try to go get some night flowers from the land of mists. Now, considering the gang has sucessfully done this before, the only reason I can think of that they'd try to hand-wave their illness is if they knew something terrible was happening over at the land of mists at the time that they'd rather risk the illness than let their kids go over there. If that were the case, the gang would leave without their blessing, which can open the possibility of the adults finding indirect means of stopping them: maybe enlist help to go and fetch them before they reach the land of mists. That would have someone well meaning but antagonistic hounding them on their journey to get the night flower, and would emphasize the desperate lengths the adults want to go to keep their kids out of the land of mists.

... Or something like that  :lol whatever the route afterwards, we can assume that the adults not admitting their illness would create some sort of complication for the gang. So the the question is: straightforward and simple, or more complicated and dynamic?

I for one, don't particularly care. I'll follow the route with the best story, and either route can be worked into something interesting.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I totally agree, Loyfe :)

Honestly, I don't care which plot we'll use either. But I slightly tend to the more dynamic and more difficult yet.
Thanks for your thoughts :D

What about he others? What do you think?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Still waitin' guys  :wave

Someone has to do the next post btw :lol

I try to make Ducky think a lot while the action - pulling the log out of the stream (which can be done with some drama :yes)- takes.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Two announcements:

1.) Well, as you may have noticed Nahla returned. However, Loyfe did such a great job as Littlefoot that I asked Nahla whether Loyfe can play Littlefoot and she agreed on that.
So Littlefoot is officially yours, Loyfe :yes

2.) We were about to pull the log out of the stream but started to discuss again... I think we should stop the discussion and let them do the action now :) I don't want to stay in the Valley for too long.

BTW: I could narrate a little part of the action, actually. I have something interesting in mind ;)

EDIT: As you may have noticed Nahla made a strictly LBT no OC RP like this one. If anyone of you is willing to join hers, too, it would be cool :)
Nahla's RP
Nahla's RP :) Check it out!

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks! Also a huge thank you to Nahla for allowing me to have this great role. I'll do my best to make the best contributions with Littlefoot as I can  :DD

Edit: I'd be interested in seeing what Ducky123 has in mind.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assumed Cera, Chomper & Ruby were at the same tree.  Are they at different trees?