The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Temeraire adaptation

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Anyone going to watch the adaptation of Temeraire when it comes out? Originally it was going to be a movie, but, from what I heard, it was decided to be turned into a series instead. The rights for the film adaptation were given to Peter Jackson, although I heard it's possible that he won't be the one directing it.

I may watch the series; I have yet to read the first Temeraire book, though. I did buy the book, but I haven't yet read it; never got around to it.

Edit: It seems Peter Jackson may be directing it after all. The article I looked at the stated that he might not be directing it was dated back in 2006. ^^;

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
*Raises hand* This is the first time I've heard of an adaptation to Temeraire in the works, but heck, yes, I'll give that one a go!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Same here. I love the books. I mean, there is a DRAGON that knows CALCULUS!

On a more serious note, Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I'm sure that he can do it again with the Temeraire trilogy.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
From what I heard, filming hasn't been done yet since Peter's working on some other movies, so it may not be for a few years before we see anything for Temeraire. But I agree that, considering how well he did with Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson would do a good job on the Temeraire series when it comes out. I'm hoping to start reading the first book soon; I've been pretty lazy with doing it. If I like the first book, I plan on buying some more of the Temeraire books.

On a side note, I haven't see much of Lord of the Rings. I have started to watch some of it with my dad and sister, but I couldn't get into it, probably because it was the second movie so I missed a lot of stuff earlier. I also haven't read most of the books; the only thing I read was part of the beginning of the first Lord of the Rings book but never finished it because I had to bring it back. I have however read The Hobbit earlier and finished it and ended up liking it. I had also see some of the cartoon movie adaptation of The Hobbit both before and after I read the book.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard of the name of Temeraire, but don't' know what it is, but based on his work on the past these will likely be good movies.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Temeraire is a series of alternate history/fantasy books, where dragons serve as the airforce in the Napoleon Wars.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like a very original fantasy sort of book.