The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What TV shows/ Films that make you happy?

Saft · 5 · 943

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quite similar to the music question, what about films and television shows that make you happy?

I don't watch television that much but I watch the Simpsons.  The Simpsons may have dwindled in quality of humour over the seasons, and this can be debateable in opinion, but when i watch it (like I am doing now) it just provides another focus on otherwise I just spiral back down to low periods.  I doesn't fully take it away, just that it's something else to focus on for a short period of time.

As for films: The Lion King.  I have watched this film so much that I have a deep connection to it.  It was there on one of my lowest points and it's been there for me since.

LBT too is also a film that I can watch to make me feel slightly more better.  However, these films only offer a short focus point.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time series for sure. I'd have to say House too because I really connect with the main character's quality of living. The Gummi Bears always cheered me up as a kid. Seeing Cavin and Cubby striving to be great heroes inspired me as a youngster to strive to be better. And the Care Bears just really got to me as a kid. I didn't get too much attention as a kid, so seeing those bears fully devote themselves to helping those in need was a really big pleasure to watch. I still watch that show to this day via tapes and DVDs. I think that's a good summary of what shows cheer/cheered me up.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Fraggle Rock, Thomas the Tank Engine for the happy nostalgia it brings back.

Sleepaway Camp series-this calms me whenever I used to have problems with bullies. (Yes, I'm twisted like that  :DD  )

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Case Closed/Detective Conan makes me happy. So does One Piece.

As for movies, the Land Before Time movies have (usually) always brought a smile to my face...except for a few.