The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life in the Mysterious Beyond

brekclub85 · 540 · 29580

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby glanced about and noticed that a crack in the cave let in some of the bright circle's light. "Oh" she said, "we could tell shadow stories, that would be quiet". She made her hands into a shape to show how the game was played.

"Even those without hands, like Bellydraggers could use their tails, I've seen really good shadow stories with tail shadows" she said.

Misty slowly walked over, "Well it would be better than just sitting here" she admitted.

~~~~

Toot's first response to Pterano's response was for his eyes to narrow suspiciously...but no...those did seem to be genuine tears.

Cree felt as uncomfortable as he had in a while, since for some odd reason he found himself caring that Pterano felt this bad...oh he was going soft he just knew it!

Aqua stepped forward, "It's alright, perhaps all the blame being aimed at you is a bit unfair".

"Well I don't know about that" Ridge said, yet then went on more gently, "but...well it wouldn't have been the first fast biter attack we've encountered".

"We should have been with the bigger group" Toot pointed out, yet then sighed. "But...welll all this time I was under the impression you didn't even care, since you disapeared kinda quickly...I guess...that was unfair".

The one horn sighed deeply, "Alright I won't...bring it up, now why are you two here?" he asked the flyers and looked to Aqua in curiosity that she'd brought them in the first place.

Aqua gave a hesitant smile, "Second chance" was all she said, "we thought....well...".

Toot caught on and rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, I'm forgiving and semi-forgetting, isn't that enough for right now, you want me to put him charge again?! After less than two minutes of meeting back up with him, it's a bit sudden and sprung on me" he pointed out.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Good idea Ruby," Greg smiled. "As a belly dragger, I can't do much with these hands."

"I'll go ahead and watch for Redclaw," offered Ichy

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It does sound like fun." Deon said.

"It does." Ruby's younger brother said agreeing with him.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
"Yeah, I love Ruby's shadow stories!" Her sister quipped cheerfully.
Ruby's mom smiled.
"I suppose... One of us should begin convincing leaf eaters," she stated to Ruby's dad, in even tones. She was a bit apprehensive, but she knew it was necessary. "Should you go, or I?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hmm, " Ruby's father thought for a moment, "Do you have some in mind to ask first?" he asked looking at her.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Dein smiled as he heard what Ruby's parents were talking about. He turned to the kids and almost laughed at the game they were playing.

Terri smiled as well.
"You young ones just have fun." she says as she watches them play.

~~~~

Pterano finally stopped crying and faces Toot with a friendly and hopefully warm smile.
"I...I know I don't deserve a second chance after what I did, and I don't blame you for being mad, but...I do want you to know...If I can make a difference with a second chance...please, let me try."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Be careful mom and dad," Chomper and Greg said to thier parents. Ichy flew ahead of the rest of the group

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ok" Ruby said. She was a bit interested in her parents talk, but forced herself to remain focused on the game, if for nothing else to distract both the others and herself from worry over their parents trying to talk to all these different kinds.

"Ok Ruby, you go first" Misty said, "since you thought of it".

"Ok, we can al add to the story" Ruby said, "she first put up her hands to do a pretty good impression of a spiketail. "Once there was a spike tail who walked and walked until he found...um...".

She looked to the others to see if they had any ideas for a shadow story picture to put in next. Misty thought but nothing was coming right then.

~~~~

Toot noticed that beside him Ridge was looking quite...eager, to let the flyer try out his 'second chance' plan. He sighed.

"Well...I guess...but I'm gonna be watching you real close, just know that!" the one horn said.

Aqua smiled, "Oh don't worry Pterano, I can just tell with how different you're acting that you'll do great this time" she tried to reassure.

Cree, perhaps because a good mood had been dropped on the whole situation with Pterano's acceptance, shook his head in amazement. "It's like I said when you were younger" he whispered, "you just had this look that mom couldn't get mad at, apparently the same sort of luck is with you even now".

"Say" Ridge walked up next looking at Cree in suspicion, "you won't be trying to steal any of our greenfood again, will you?" he brought up Cree's own past. "Uh no, no, I promise" Cree said, holding up a wing.

Ridge just shrugged, "Well ok then".

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"A nice, but very hungry belly dragger," Greg laughed, using his own shadow to imitate that.

Ichy flew for many minutes until he saw Redclaw and his gang a short distance away.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's brother settled down to watch and listen.  He always enjoyed Ruby's shadow stories.

Deon "ooh'd." and sat down as well to watch, thinking this was certainly more fun then running around outside trying to avoid a mean sharptooth.  Blue-eyes sat down next to Deon to watch what was going on.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby's sister gave a slight gasp at the bellydragger shadow, then giggled.

Ruby's mom frowned. "Well," she started, cautiously, "I know smaller sharpteeth like these fasbiters seem to eat fish... and Chomper can eat crawlers... but what about the bigger sharpteeth? I do trust Chomper's parents, very much, but if they ally themselves with the leaf-eaters, what will they eat?" She pretended to be interested in picking at a spot of dirt on her claws, in hopes of hiding her anxiety.

~~~~

Redclaw was roughly a third of the way through his routine patrol and continued on his way, unaware of Ichy's presence.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's father nodded, "That is the large problem.  The fastbiters could find large bodies of water to live around to eat fish, or crawlers, creepy crawlers and such like that.  The large sharpteeth would need larger or more food.  I'm not sure about that unless there are certain areas where either sharpteeth can't go or can't hunt." Ruby's father said.  He then looked at Ruby's mother, "Do you have some ideas?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well," Chomper admitted to Ruby's parents. "My parents and I do eat meat, but don't worry, we would never eat any of you guys. Ruby knows this too, and she knows we can't help it." he hoped this wouldn't make the rest of Ruby's family scared or anything.

Ichy was watching Redclaw from high in the sky, and he could fly faster than Redclaw could run.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ruby's father nodded, "Maybe you can suggest some ideas to us, since you are a sharptooth." He said smiling friendly.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes, maybe you could." Ruby's mom agreed. "It isn't that we don't trust your parents Chomper, not that at all. It's just that we know, like you said, that it is something they can not help. I'm just wondering what your parents will eat if they must ally with the leaf-eaters to vanquish Redclaw..." She tried to make her point clearly, while sincerely hoping she didn't offend any of their friends.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We mostly hunt down leafeaters who are by themselves, no herd or family," Chomper explained.  "Anyways, let's continue the game," smiled Rory, trying to lighten the mood

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby giggled, "Yes, something tells me a Bellydragger like you can do Bellydragger quite well" she whispered before continuing the story.

"Oh my" the spiketail said, backing up, "a bellydragger and he's blocking my path, should I talk to him or just try to run around?".

~~~~

Screech and Thud also didn't notice Ichy as they were sniffing about trying to pick up any scents for Redclaw of dinosaurs being where they shouldn't be....namely anywhere near them since Redclaw's territory was very unfairly big.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Greg contniued his part. "Hello there spiketail, the belly dragger said, licking his lips, but it was a friendly smile."

Rory, Rita, and Myra giggled.

"You can pass only if you tell me where I can find something to eat," Greg continued to narrate.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon, Blue-eyes and Ruby's brother watched and listened, enjoying the story and wondering what would happen next.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rita, Rory, and Myra were also amused by the story. "Keep going," smiled Myra