The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Life in the Mysterious Beyond

brekclub85 · 540 · 28653

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Don't worry, you'll be safe with us," Chomper assured. Sure he, his parents, Rory, Rita, Myra, Greg, Ichy, and Dil were meat eaters, but they wouldn't eat their friends.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Blue-eyes set Deon down after they had entered the cave.  They went the rest of the way in, but kept what they hoped was a descent distance from the fastrunners, not wanting to make them any more nervous then they were.  

Ruby's father settled down to rest, "We should be safe in here till they leave, and can take the time to rest." He said as he settled down but in a position where he could get back up in almost an instant if need be.  Ruby's younger brother being a bit nervous about the fast biters went a bit farther away from them before he settled down to rest.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh by the way sweetie," Dil said to her son, "I still have breakfast which I caught for you." "Thanks mom," Greg smiled back.

That conversation was spoken in sharptooth so it wouldn't freak out the fast runners.

"So now do we just wait?" asked Rory.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Pearl looked at Misty with a seriousness she didn't know she had as she said, "Yeah! Let's do it, go for the caves I mean. And if Redclaw decides to chase us...and I don't think he will, I'll fly up and get his attention." The last part of her sentence was  bit unnerving, but she wanted nothing more than to make sure her friends were safe.

~~~~~~

Dein sat down on the ground a short distance from the cave entrance. Just to sit and watch for Redclaw.

Terri lied down next to her mate and sighed as she realized that for the moment, everyone was safe.

~~~~~~~

Pterano followed Cree if for no other reason than he himself couldn't think of a safe way to go. So he simply nodded his head and flew alongside Cree, but not really listening, as he steadily followed his brother towards one of the same caves that could offer protection.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Greg began chowing down on a swimmer his mom had caught, but was sure to stay out of the sights of Ruby's family and Pearl, in case it grossed them out.

Rita gave Chomper a kiss. "I' love you," she smiled.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In her own usual spot, other sharpteeth or not aside, Ruby settled down between her parents and siblings, as a sort of second line of defense in shielding her siblings since she was so much older than them and felt responsible.

“I hope after our rest we will find an area about without Redclaw about” she said.

~~~~

Misty frowned at what Peal said at last, “Well…hopefully that won’t happen since I wouldn’t want to leave you behind like that” she said, “but yeah…let’s go”. She peered out, “Ok, one…two…” Misty gulped, “Three!” she cried, darting as fast as she could over to the cave and hoping that they made it the distance from the bush to the cover.

~~~~

After they reached the cave and landed safely, Cree peered back out and noticed that Redclaw wasn’t in their same area yet, not that he’d expected him to be. He smiled back at Pterano, “See, and now we can wait out that big bully for as long as we like” he said.

“Let’s move further in”. He took  few more steps to see what the back of the cave looked like and if it looked like it would house anything else. He was about to comment that if it did he would beat it up for them, but didn’t want Pterano to start freaking out again at the possibility of something else being in here.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You made it!" Rita smiled in leafeater, seeing Misty and Pearl make it to the cave. "i'm glad you're safe."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deon looked over at Ruby, speaking in leafeater, "Maybe you can go to the flattooth valley, "He said indicating the Great Valley, "I have some friends who live in there.  I don't think Red Claw goes in there." Deon said.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
chomper didn't know how to react to that remark.  Deon did have a point, she'd be safe from Redclaw, but Ruby was also one of Chomper's best friends, and he knew the inhabitants would never accept him or any of his sharpteeth friends.

"So...you guys wanna play something?" Myra asked in both languages

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Even before she had completely stopped flying, Pearl was kissing the ground inside the cave ever thankful not be out side with Redclaw. "We..we made it!" she said with a bright smile.

~~~~

Terri turned around and said to Chomper, "Don't worry, even if we aren't accepted in the Great valley at least some of your friends will be safe.

~~~~

Pterano looked around the cave and finally realizing they were safe,  he gave a sigh of relief.
"We're safe...finally!" He slumped against the wall and just breathed as he thought about how close Redclaw was.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I love you mom," Chomper replied, hugging Terri's foot.

"Man, Redclaw gets on my nerves," complained Rory.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We'd have to play quietly and stay here." Deon said in both languages.  

"Play what?" Ruby's younger brother said, not sure if he could trust the sharpteeth fastbiters or not.  They did look very scary.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rory picked up a pine cone on the ground. "How about a round of Toss the Seed?" he offered in both languages.

"That sounds fun," said Chomper.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Sounds like it could be fun.  But would the sound attract Redclaw here?" Deon asked a bit unsure.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We can just stay quiet," Myra said in sharptooth.

"And besides, Redclaw may be full from that longneck," Rita commented.

Chomper was thinking about something. "If only...we could unite every dino we could find here in the Mysterious Beyond, sharpteeth and flatteeth, and fight back against Redclaw."

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Redclaw stepped back from the carcass, fully satiated. Hunks of meat still clung to bone in abundance, too small for Redclaw to trifle with, but probably quite a meal for Screech and Thud. The sharptooth idled a short distance away, pondering his next move.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ya know...I wondered if we could somehow fight back against Redclaw too," Greg said. "I mean, sure some of us here in this very cave are meat eaters, but we only hunt when we need it. We're not evil like him."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yea, and some of us really only eat crawlers and fish.  mmm, fish." Deon said, preferring fish, as did his family.  I'm friends with 2 swimmers & a flyer, and they we get along with each other, why not us all here." Deon said.

Blue-eyes nods, "Some good points you've all said." He said.

"Could sharpteeth be friends with non sharpteeth?" Ruby's younger brother asked.  

"It is possible." Ruby's father said.

"Yea, why not." Deon said smiling.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ruby seriously thought about what Deon said, “Well…the Great Valley does sound like a safe place for everyone” she said, “but unless everyone could go, I do not think I would want to leave everyone behind to go by myself” she answered. She’d always worry about those of her friends and family left here, she knew.

Misy turned in time to hear Myra’s question and had a pretty sensible answer for a young one. “I am much more interested in staying quiet so Reclaw doesn’t find us” she answered, and sat on the floor in almost worry to do just that.

She listened as, while others brought up the point of being quiet, and as they tried to agree on toss the seed. It did look fun, but she wasn’t sure yet, so she still stayed where she was, sitting with her knees drawn up to her.

Chomper’s statement was most shocking. “But…sharp teeth don’t get along” she said, “well except for you and some of your friends, and even then, how are we gonna get lots of flatteeth to even trust lots of sharp teeth?” she asked.

“It works fine for us, but I don’t know if we can do something like that for lots of dinosaurs” Misty shook her head.

“and there could be other friends who are friends and both sharp teeth and flateeth like us and if we unite with them that would be a bigger group of us working together” Ruby backed up Chomper’s thought.

Misty sighed and leaned her head against the cave wall, apparently she was alone in her thoughts. “But who’s gonna be the brave soul to ask around about such a thing?” she wondered aloud.

~~~~

OOC: I was thinking Cree and Pterano should meet a crusty old guy in the caves and…well that thought took off a bit…

“Yeah” Cree said, holding back the thought of for now.  He scanned the cave once more and found a voice out of the darkness interrupted him.

“W-who goes there…” a hesitant voice said, and so Cree thought it might not be a sharp tooth. In fact a swimmer, looking very worse for the wear but surviving, stepped out of the dark and Cree thought she looked familiar from one day or something…yes

He recognized her as one of the swimmers who had been with the Valley herd when he and his other siblings, Pterano included, had found them. Then Cree looked stunned as he recognized that this swimmer was one of the one’s who had, he heard, been with the group Pterano lead out and lost to a fast biter’s attack…only…weren’t they all dead? This swimmer’s sister, he’d heard, fell off a cliff during the attack even.

The swimmer seemed to look stunned as she noticed both Cree and, more important, Pterano, as well. “Oh…” she said, “oh it’s a good thing Toot’s not in this cave too and doesn’t know you’re here”. Toot had been a one horn also with the group.

“He’s been watching out for me and Ridge (a spiketail) since you…well since the accident where…you left and so probably didn’t find out about us three survived I think”. Oddly, the swimmer’s voice wasn’t accusing at all, just hesitant.

“We’re hiding in different caves now, though, just by accident” the swimmer went on. She chuckled lightly, “I guess…that’s real good for you” she told Pterano…then wondered if maybe she shouldn’t have said that.

~~~~

Screech and Thud wasted no time in rushing forward to squabble and push at each other in getting at pieces of the meat. In the end they settled it like they always did, squabbling so much one would wonder if they hated each other, but each letting the other get a share.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pearl was one of the few who was determined not to draw Redclaws attention and quickly clung to the ceiling of the cave as she whispered to the others, "I'd vote for being as quite as possible until we know we are safe....that would be the best course of action for us right now."

Terri smiled at her son's determination.

Dein however was a bit moor realistic.
"Even if we could convince other flatteeth that we aren't dangerous...I'm afraid that some would just use it as an excuse to try and hurt you young ones."

~~~~

Pterano almost jumped out of his scales when he recognized the swimmer. He began to shake again as memories of that day flooded his mind. He took two steps back and only stopped because he felt his foot slip on the edge of the cave.

"H-how...did you three...s-survive...I was c-certain that everyone...had died. I-I...." stammered Pterano as he stepped back inside the cave with a sorrowful expression on his face. Then he gathered the courage to ask another question.

"W-what do you...mean...good for me? I-I can understand your friends hating me...but...I-I just wanted a chance to lead, and show I could be good at it...." he stammered again in a desperate attempt to plead his case.