The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT crossing overs, yes or no?

Serris · 55 · 4884

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i perfur lbt not to but i'd like to see it cross over with gears of war or dragon ball z  :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
crossovers can be interesting, though I prefer the the more pure lbt with only lbt characters, including original characters that could have been made over crossover stories and characters.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I don't mind crossovers, if and when they aren't too unrealistic to any of the universes involved.
 And, if universes are going to be mixed, if done well, then it will be more than enjoyable to see, that's for sure :yes .

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Does anyone here write a land before time story that is no crossing over and does not include anything that would have been impossible in the original land before time movies? I would really love to read such a story :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am thinking of doing such a story with those traits, though I"m not sure if it would count.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With those traits you mean without crossing over elements or elements that would not have been included in one of the early LBT movies?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if it would count.  Was thinking maybe about doing a story of how my oc Diver (Ducky's sister) got to the great valley.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That would be interesting, after all we know that all dinosaurs that came to the great valley have their own stories. I always look forward to read those stories.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 30 2008 on  03:48 AM
Does anyone here write a land before time story that is no crossing over
My fanfic is a non-cross but I'm sure you won't like it. See: 1st Chapters of "LBT War Fanfic"
1st Chapters of "LBT War Fanfic".

It's still that "LBT War Fanfic" that you did not think was a good idea.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There can be many such stories of how each got to the great valley.  Or even how one may have gotten to another place as nice.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Your story idea sounds interesting Kor. But would it exclude any of the main characters from the movies (who were on their own way to the Great Valley)?
My fanfic is a non-cross but I'm sure you won't like it. See: 1st Chapters of "LBT War Fanfic".

It's still that "LBT War Fanfic" that you did not think was a good idea.
I admit that I don't think the assumptions your war idea is based on are fitting to the land before time as we know it from the movies. No offense or disrespect meant.

Looking at the pol though the idea of a non-crossing over true to the movies LBT story seems to be somewhat popular. Has anyone written such a story? I would be really interested in it.  :yes

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
You can try my fanfic...it has no cross over material at all...

One Long Tail

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They may appear a bit at the very beginning.  I've not thought out the details in full.  Most of the story they'd be off doing what they did in the movie.  The adults would appear far earlier, perhaps, then they did in the movie where you don't see them again till the very end.  And there would be no magic nor powers at all.  I may use some of the seen usually in a cameo characters perhaps, not thought out all the details yet.  I'm slowly writing and posting to another forum and after not writing for many years think it maybe best to do 1 story at a time for now.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Personally, I've never really had any quarms over LBT crossovers. Having written one myself, I found it quite enjoyable being able to create a hybrid using characters I really like. Of course, everything has to be in moderation. You can't have too much of one side of the cross, it can just breed alienation of one element invading the other unnecessarily. Although, a story true to the essence of LBT seems to be very much a rarity to behold nowadays. Still, provided the prose is written well enough, either kinda of story (be it true to nature or mashed with other elements) can be equally as entertaining ;)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've outgrown crossovers by now.  I pretty much only read true LBT fanfics.  Sadly, those seem to be hard to come by.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Let me say this:  I have never read a good LBT fanfic that was a crossover.  It just doesn't work most of the time.  For those of you who are writing or going to write crossover fanfics, my advise to you is to FINISH them on your own, without posting any of you work until the book is completed.  That way, you don't go crazy and desperately try to make things work that just don't.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Normally I would not mind certain crossovers, but it seems I've come across to many.  Which makes sense, with a lot of folks wanting to do 1 crossover that can add up.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 12 2008 on  08:25 AM
Cross over LBT fanfics is a real no-no for me.  No other thing can be introduced into an LBT environment that already exists (like star wars or other tv show or book).  If you add your own characters that you made up on your own, then that's okay, but I just hate it when people put a couple of shows together.  It may start out okay, but then the writers find themselves desperately trying to improvise and put things together and it just turns out rediculous (like one I saw Littlefoot was battling Luke Skywalker in a lightsaber duel after turning to the dark side.)  Though these things may be sort of funny, people tend to get obsessed with them, degrading and humiliating the original movies of both sides in their stories and eventually losing the original point and plot of the individual movies they feature in their fanfic.  Quite sad. :(

Really? I think the idea of Littlefoot going to the dark side is a little appealing, if morbid. (don't worry, I won't let it happen in my current fic)

By the way, do you know where I could fing that Star Wars/LBT crossover fic?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I like crossovers better. If I wanted a LBT-only story, I'd watch one of the movies. Of course, it helps if the cross is with something I'm familiar with.

Jedi472, I'd have to say so far your SW/LBT fic is my favorite crossover I've read so far.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, LettuceBacon&Tomato! I was hoping that it would help make crossovers more appealing. A crossover is like a new kind of food. Screw up and everyone hates you for it, but create smoething interesting and suddenly everyone loves your creation. I simply try as best I can to turn my idea into words.