The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Oneshots...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Than you'll absolutely love these oneshots for sure!

Here is the first one: One Adventurer to Another

Takes place a few weeks after Lost in a Forest...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Adventurer to Another

Petrie stared up at the night sky, watching as several meteors flew by, tears forming in his eyes. Just a few weeks ago, his uncle gave himself to the sharptooth just to save him and his friends from death’s grip. Sure, he made it through; he just had a bloody, broken leg in the end. But sometimes the little guy wondered…what if he didn’t?

The pressure at the thought of losing his uncle was about to take its poll on him as he buried his face into his arms and did something he never done since then: he cried. Only a few minutes passed by before he felt a familiar hand rest on his shoulder.

He snapped out of his thoughts as he looked up and saw his uncle staring back down at him with concern in his eyes. This practically scared the living heck out of the little flyer as he jumped with fright. “Uncle!”

Pterano chuckled. “Goodness, Petrie! Calm down. You don’t want to wake up the entire Valley now, do you?” he gave his nephew a playful nudge. Petrie smiled slightly at his playful uncle before hanging his head down, frowning. “Hey, what’s the matter?”

Petrie hesitated for a little while, pondering if he should tell the old flyer the truth, or if he should just play it cool. The results soon narrowed as he gazed into Pterano’s eyes, realizing that they were definitely demanding the truth. He sighed. “Do you know how scared I was?”

Pterano thought for a moment; just what is it in the world that made his nephew so scared. Was it that old Mr. Threehorn putting doubts in his nephews head again? If so, Pterano was gonna give that grumpy, old, son of a tar pit a piece of his mind…Or was it…

“I’ve already lost my father.” Petrie continued, snapping the older flyer next to him out of his thoughts. “I don’t wanna lose you too.” He sniffed a tear.

Pterano just stared at his nephew in concern. Poor kid, at least Pterano got to know his father, Petrie didn’t. And the last thing the little flyer needs is to lose an uncle as well. He sighed; if only he could just magically put a smile on his nephew’s face.

He smirked. And without warning, he snatched Petrie close to his chest and ruffled his head playfully. At first, the little flyer was shocked by Pterano’s action but then he just laughed and tried to break free.

He broke free successfully, but the one thing he forgot to do was run, because Pterano had just grabbed his wing and pulled him onto his lap, tickling him without mercy as their laughter echoed through the night.  

It took Petrie all his strength to break out of his uncle’s grasp but didn’t hesitate to launch himself into the air before his uncle could do anything else. Pterano didn’t hesitate either before he launched himself into the air after his nephew. “Come back here, you!” he shouted playfully.

From a long distance away, Mr. Threehorn watched the two flyers, desperately wanting to go and give them a piece of his mind. He was sleeping just fine until they started playing. Out of all the places in the Great Valley…

“Topsy, what are you doing?” Tria asked the old threehorn, which snapped him out of his thoughts. “Come back to bed.”

“I’m sick of those stupid flyers. I’m gonna give them a piece of my mind if they don’t stop.”

“Now, Topsy, they’re just having a little fun.” The female threehorn pointed out.

“In the middle of the night! I’m sorry, but don’t they get enough play time in the daytime?”

“Well, maybe this is a special night for them.”

“Special night, my tailbone!” the grumpy threehorn defended. “I’ll bet they’re just doing that because they know it bugs me.”

“Topsy, I’m sure that’s not it.”

“Of course that’s it!” he scoffed. “I’ve always hated Pterano and Pterano always hated me, I honestly don’t see why that couldn’t possibly be it!”

“Now you’re just being selfish.”

“Selfish!?” Mr. Threehorn almost yelled. “How can I be selfish? I’m not the one who led half the herd into their deaths!”

Tria rolled her eyes. “Topsy, will you ever learn that we all make mistakes? I understand that he lead most of your family into their deaths but it’s not like he knew it would happen. And besides, Pterano’s a nice guy once you get to know him.”

“I highly doubt that.”

“You must stop judging dinosaurs by their past. I could tell by the tone in his voice that he is a changed flyer. After all, he did save your daughter.”

That nearly caught the old threehorn off guard. She was right, even though he hated to admit it. But still not even that could make up for what he had done in the past. “Now, unless you don’t want to see your daughter tomorrow, come back to bed.”
“But I won’t be able to sleep!” Mr. Threehorn snapped back.

“I don’t care! This is their moment, not yours.” Tria scolded, sending him a stern look.

“But-“

“Topsy, come on. You wouldn’t like it if someone ruined your moments with your daughter.”

That caught him even more off guard. Darn it! He hated it when she was right. Without another word coming from his mouth, he laid himself beside Tria as she nuzzled herself against him.

Pterano searched in the trees for his nephew. “Oh, Petrie! I know you’re here.” The red flyer called, giggling. “Where’s my little Petrie?” he checked behind a tree trunk, only to get hit in the head by a tiny rock. “Hey!” He looked up just in time…

For his nephew to lung at him, knocking him down to the ground due to the momentum. Petrie lay on top of his uncle, who had him in a protective grip of the hands. “You’ll always be my little Petrie,” Pterano whispered as he gazed at the moonlight that shone on Petrie’s head. “No matter how old you get.”

Petrie nuzzled his beak gently, smiling warmly down at him. Pterano brought him down to his chest, covering him with his wings, protecting him from the cold. Petrie smiled, nuzzling the older flyer’s chest, scooting himself closer so he could listen to that soothing heartbeat of his. The two happy flyers remained silent for a little while until…

“Uncle?”

“…Hmm?”

Petrie lifted his head up to face the older flyer. “Umm, I’ve been thinking a lot about you lately and how you’ve been sort of a father figure to me since I’ve lost my real father…and umm…I was wondering…” Ugh! Get to the point, Petrie! He scolded himself. “Can I call you Dad?”

Pternao looked at him as utter happiness took over. Tears of joy formed in his eyes. “Petrie, you’ve never needed my permission to call me that, you certainly don’t need it now.” He pulled the little flyer close to him, cradling him over his chest. “I love you, my son.”

Petrie nearly started crying, for he too was equally as happy as Pterano was. “I love you too, Dad.” He nuzzled him, burying his face into his chest, never ever wanting this moment to end. He even fell asleep, right there in the older flyer’s arms.

Pterano chuckled, giving his new son a kiss on the forehead, causing Petrie to blush happily. His spirits lifted when he felt the little flyer scoot closer to his warmth as he tightened his arms around him. He was so thankful to have such a loving, caring nephew, who now he was proud to call his son. He too fell asleep…underneath the stars.

------------------------------------------------------------------

One word: DAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

That's so cute! "You'll always be my little Petrie."

And just when I thought Chapter Six could not be topped.

PS: Guess where I got the title from... :DD  :smile
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okay, I know this story is not that boring...
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well that was a nice little story. Very touching and moving. There was a part in there that sort of tempts to give a spoiler to my own fic, but I'll resist the temptation. XD

It was good to see two perspectives in this, and well the bonding was good too. I like the idea of him becoming a foster father to Petrie, and I think it'd be inevitable if Pterano did ever return... provided of course he truly cleaned up his act, but I'd say it's a given that this would happen if he did, and we have much reason to believe that he would. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Very lovely. Pterano is a good father figure to Petrie. :smile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay, I finally got my Mr. Threehorn rage dump! I was hoping he'd give some old timers speech when Pterano returned, but that didn't happen.

The two flyers not being able to sleep, and deciding to just play in the moonlight was very cool.

It was also interesting to hear a little bit about Petrie's real father, and about Mr. Threehorn's family being part of the herd Pterano lead to their deaths. It's something I never thought of, and I like that you gave a good reason for Mr. Threehorn hating Pterano's guts.

Anyway, I'm still finishing up the conclusion to my Pterano story. I'm trying to finish up the climax scene, and it's already the longest episode in my fanfiction yet :blink: . I really think your gonna like this one. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I know this story is not that boring...

It's not to say that it is boring, trulyfantasticme, some people might be busy or just dont want to respond just yet. For these things, you just have to be patient. ;)

Anyway, very lovely oneshot. I like seeing Pterano be kind of a father figure to Petrie, he seems to fit the part rather niceley. And, like vonboy said, yay for Mr. Three-horn's rage dump! Heh heh, raging Mr. Three-horn is raging. :p

It was actually kind of a good explanation you did to explain why Mr. Three-horn hated Pterano, I probably couldn't have thought of that so, nice job.

As I' said, nice oneshot, and I do hope there's more to come. :)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You could have also added a couple of Mr. Threehorn's signature "Humpth!"s They always seem to spice up his speech. :lol:

And yeah, I've learned to be patient with other people commenting on my work. I think I kinda annoyed LBTDiclonius when I kept asking her tell me what she thought of my work a month or two back.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okey dokely, just so all of you know, I wrote this oneshot like a month ago. It's based off of chapter six in Lost in a Forest. I'm sure some of you will recognize most of it. So basically, its more of a rewrite of that unforgettable father son moment between Pterano and Devon in my story.

And also, Father's Day is coming up. (No wonder I nearly got so emotional this morning. :DD ) So I'd just thought I'd post this as an early Father's Day present to my father who passed away when I was four.

--------------------------------------------------------

Like a Son to Me

Devon stood outside the cave opening, staring up at the shining full moon and the glittering stars. Tears sprung in his eyes as harsh memories began to take over. And by harsh memories, I mean, harsh memories.

He remembered as a kid being told off, tormented, and even abused by his own father. When he smiled, or even showed the smallest hint of a smile, he would either be slapped across the beak or grounded for two weeks...or both. His last encounter with his father was not the worst, but Sierra did disown him. And for that, Devon began to hate him.

Then his thoughts exchanged to his only friend that has been the greatest father he would ever ask for: Pterano. The red flyer was his hero, his savior. When he was sick, Sierra would just tell him to, "tough it out". But Pterano took him in great care, doing his absolute best make him feel better. When he was sad, Sierra would just ignore him. But Pterano would hold him til the morning came. When he at least tried to bond with his father, such as making him a casket full of tree sweets and such, Sierra would slap him and tell him "That's not good enough!" But Pterano would actually hug him and hold him in his arms so tightly even when he caught the smallest fish for the old flyer. He'd come so close to losing Pterano all because he wasn't man enough to stand up to his mean old father. He let tears fall from his face when he felt a hand touch his shoulder.

Devon looked up to see his dear friend staring down at him with concern, holding the stickfor support. He didn't answer, but he threw his arms around the red flyer's waist, crying his heart out into his chest. Pterano wrapped his arms around the boy, doing whatever he could to calm him down. "Oh Devon, what's wrong?"

The blue flyer didn't answer as he just kept crying into his chest, clutching to him tightly. Pterano just continued to hold the boy. His own heart ached for him, even though he didn't really know what went wrong. But he did have a feeling that it had something to do with Sierra.

Devon pulled back, gazing up at the older flyer with the greatest admiration. Pterano smiled, stroking his cheek lightly. He's so beautiful under the moonlight, he thought to himself. He looks just like a hatchling.

Devon just laid back on his chest agian, breathing heavily. "He disowned me..." he whispered silently, but loud enough for Pterano to hear.

Pterano's eyes widen in shock and anger before he gritted his teeth. He WHAT?!?!? Oh Devon...Oh my son... He tightened his arms around him, protecting him for a moment. Sure he expected it, but it sure made him very angry. In fact, if Sierra was in sight, Pterano wouldn't hesitate to feed that no good piece of junk to the sharpteeth himself. Oh yes, he was gonna kill him.

"It's okay," Devon said, snapping the older flyer out of his thoughts. "I probably deserved it."

Pterano pushed him back, but still clung to him. "Devon, I don't ever want to hear you talk about yourself that way!" Pterano cupped his cheeks, wiping away his streaming tears. "You are an amazing kid! When I said I couldn't ask for a better son, I meant it."

Devon nuzzled his dear friend's hands gently. "Please don't leave me."

Pterano nuzzled him lightly but lovingly as he said the fallowing words. "Oh Devon...that's never going to happen. Do you hear me? It's not. Sierra can't get rid of me that easily..." Devon laughed at the red flyer's comment. "And speaking of Sierra, you'd better pray that I don't see him. Because if I do, I shall feed him to the sharpteeth myself." Devon laughed harder as Pterano cupped his cheek, smiling softly. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Ya promise?"

"With all of my heart."

Devon threw his arms around Pterano's neck, hugging him tightly as he felt strong, protective arms wrap themselves around his middle, pulling him close. The blue flyer smiled threw his streaming tears. "I love you...Dad."

Pterano's eyes went wide open. Did I finally just hear those four words? He closed his eyes, smiling his biggest smile as he dropped the stick he was using for support to hold the boy tighter. Tears of joy poured down his cheeks. "I love you too, my son." My son...Oh, that felt so good to say... He buried his face into the boy's shoulder, beginning to cry silently.

Devon just rubbed the back of Pterano's crest comfortingly. "Pterano, you're crying. What's wrong?"

Pterano pulled back, smiling fondly at his new son. "You...always concered for others..." He kissed his forehead softly. "You have no idea how much you mean to me. When I was banished to this place, I thought I would be alone. But then you came along and made everything better. When I saved you from that sharptooth when we first met...it feels more like you saved me from myself. Oh Devon, you make me so proud. I honestly don't know what on earth I would ever do without you." He pulled the boy close again, holding him tighter, sniffing. "You make me so proud..."

Devon let a few more tears fall from his eyes, nuzzling Pterano's shoulder, scooting himself closer to his warmth. He never felt this happy and he never wanted his moment to end. He even fell asleep, right there in his new father's arms.

Pterano chukled as he noticed this. He lifted the blue flyer off the ground and carried him back into the cave. He laid the boy down carefully, soon noticing that the boy practically had him in a death grip. He laid himelf next to the boy, still cradling him in his arms. "Sweet dreams, my son." Devon's claw tightened on his arm as though the boy heard him. He chuckled again, nuzzling him gently. He just couldn't belive that this boy, this little wonder, this wonderful little wonder lying in his arms was his new son. Pterano kissed his forehead, causing the blue flyer to blush in response as a smile grew on his sleeping face. The red flyer nuzzled him gently, resting his beak against his head. "My boy...my beautiful baby boy."

And too fell asleep that way with a smile on his face, knowing that he and Devon will always be together, no matter what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww!!!! I love this father son pairing...

So yeah, happy father's day everyone! And hope you enjoyed this touching oneshot.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know how the heck you were able to do it, but you made me cry. Again. :rolleyes:

I LOVED this! It was very, very touching and sweet. I really loved the father son moment between Pterano and Devon in Lost in a Forest, but this just made it ten times better! It's so sweet how Pterano and Devon get along.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's hard when anyone passes away, even though you were quite young.

Once again, I LOVED this and congrats for making me cry in a story twice. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This fanfiction has been nominated by its author to be rated for the fanfiction awards 2011. To all the readers and fans of this fanfiction, please rate and review it! :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"My boy....my beautiful baby boy..."   :cry

Awww!!  Yes. I loved this oneshot...  The moment when Pterano adopted Devon and made him his son!

I love Devon's touching, emotional lines. They really make me cry...
"Please don't leave me."  "I love you...Dad."   :cry  :cry

So touching, heartwarming, and tender. I loved it when Devon and Pterano nuzzled and hugged each other... I can really feel the emotions going between Devon and Pterano in this oneshot.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okaaaay...I know Father's Day had already passed, but I've had this idea stuck in my head for quite some time now. So yeah...please enjoy this oneshot that I SPENT HOURS TYPING!!!!!  :lol

-------------------------------------------------

Father's Day

Ahh, Father's Day. The best holiday for children to spend quality time with their fathers, grandfathers, father figures, etc. And possibly do something special for them. As for a certain blue flyer living in the Great Valley with his father, that was absolutely no problem for him.

Devon stood at the cave enterance, watching as Pterano slept a mere ten feet away from him. He couldn't help but smile. Usually, Pterano would be the early riser, but this was one of those days in which Pterano would sleep in until the Bright Circle was high in the sky. Devon snuck up to the red flyer, leaning over his ear. "Uhh...Dad? Dad...it's time to get up..." he whispered, causing Pterano to move his head sleepily, yawning.

"Huh? What for?" he muttered, stretching out his wings.

"Oh...nothing special. Just wanna show you a little something something." Devon blushed as he said that. He had definitely had something planned for Pterano...something big.

"Can't it wait? This old flyer needs sleep, you know." He muttered, stirring.

"Oh come on, Dad. It won't take long, I promise."

"Oh?" Pterano slightly opened his eyes, looking at Devon and his begging eyes. "Oh...oh alright, just let me get wake up..." With that he stretched his who body, yawning as he did so. After that, he stood up, wiping his eyes. "Okay, Devon, what do you want to show me?"

"Devon, would you remove your hands? I can't see a thing..."

"Relax, Dad. We're almost there." Devon chuckled. He was right behind the old flyer, his hands locked on his eyes. The two said nothing more as they made their way towards the enterance of Stone Rock. Finally, the blue flyer released his grip. "Wait here," he whispered as he moved his way towards the middle of the Great Valley Counsil.

Pterano opened his eyes, and gasped, breathtaken at the site of many dinosaurs all huddled around Devon. At first, he wondered what the heck he was doing here. And why Devon was walking towards the middle. Was he about to make some sort of speech? All this was beyond Pterano, but he just stood there and listened carefully. "Ladiees and gentle dinos," Devon started. "I dedicate this meeting to a friend...a very special friend who has done so much for me...he truly deserves this." Pterano couldn't help but smile as he was starting to get where this was going. "Everyone, please welcome my dad, Pterano." He smiled back at the red flyer, graduallly holding his hand out for his.

Pterano was petrified. Devon had called a meeting just for him? His grin grew wider as he moved to take Devon's hand and listening carefully. "Pterano...when I first met you, I thought you were just one of those typical nice guys that like to help people out, which is cool. I respect that, but," Devon took a deep breath as he gripped Pterano's hand tighter. "You turned out to be more than that...way more than that. Pterano you have become the best father that I didn't even deserve, but became my dad anyway." Pterano was about to interrupt and tell him that he did indeed deserve a better father than Sierra, but Devon went on. "When you adopted me...when you found me crying that night, no words could describe just how glorious you looked to me. You truly are amazing." Pterano just stood there, breathtaken at his son's words, but then his grin grew even wider, and just like that, he was on the verge of tears. "I know this sounds wierd...and a little lovey dovey that's true, but you have always been there for me, even when I wasn't there for you. Heck Pterano, you saved my life! Becoming your son is the best thing that's ever happened to me...because I don't know who in the world would be crazy enough to NOT want you as a father. You're the best dad that I could ever ask for."

Pterano let a few tears fall down his cheeks as he just continued to smile proudly at his son. "You know, there are times when I would lay on the cavern floor, lay my hand on my heart...and you'd be right there, watching over me. You are the most important person in my life and if it wasn't for you, I would not be who I am. Sometimes, I would have dreams about you...and that you were the one who watched my egg hatch and cradled me like never before, telling me to "Hold still, baby. Don't you cry." And you know what? I wish it was you who raised me and did all that stuff. I would've told ya sooner, but I couldn't find a way. But then Father's Day rolled around and I thought this was the perfect way and time to tell you. So...Happy Father's Day, Dad." Devon finally concluded, only to be pulled into a strong hug by Pterano. He blushed, nuzzling against Pterano's chest happily and brought his arms up around his middle.

"Oh, Devon..." Pterano was completely speechless as he cried happily in his son's shoulder, holding him closer.

"There, there, Dad...I love you." Devon told him softly, burying his face into Pterano's chest.

"I love you too, my son." Pterano replied, giving him a tender fatherly kiss to the forehead, causing Devon's face to turn into a deep red. "My boy...my precious baby boy..."

Devon sat on the shore, the waves crashing against his feet. Up above him, hundreds or even thousands of stars shone in the pitch black night sky. There was no moon however, leaving stars as the only light to guide the earth. Just then, he felt a fatherly hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see none other than the familiar face of his father. "Hey Dad," he beamed.

"Hey...excellent speech today." Pterano complemented, sitting next to his son.

"Oh...that was just a little something special to thank you for all you've done for me and blah, blah, blah...and you deserved it and blah blah blah..." Devon drifted off, allowing Pterano to take a spot next to him.

Pterano chuckled. "So...I brought you a fish," he offered, holding a dead fish with his claw.  

"Eh, no thanks. Not very hungry."

Pterano just consumed the fish before leaning on his arms. The two gasped as a blue meteor, almost similar to the infamous "Stone of Cold Fire".  "It's a beautiful night, isn't it Devon?"

"Yep, it sure is." Devon laid himself down on the sand, taking a deep sigh as Pterano fallowed suit. They stayed silent on the ground until Pterano gasped as he noticed something.

"Look!" He pointed up at what seemed like the brightest star in the sky. "The North Star! They say-" he was cut off by Devon.

"That if you wish on it, your wish will come true. I know, Dad, you told me that story many times." He rolled his eyes, but he smiled as well. Same old Pterano...always telling the same stories over and over again. Devon guessed it was what you get when you get old. "So...are you gonna make a wish?"

Pterano shook his head in response. "I would, but...my wish has already came true." He smiled at his son as he said that. Devon grinned back, taking that last comment to his heart. He was so lucky to have Pterano as a father. They stared into eachother's eyes for a meaningful moment  before Pterano got up on his feet. "Come Devon, it's getting late. Let's go home shall we?"

"Well, I am a bit tired," the blue flyer fallowed suit, dusting himself off. Pterano spreaded his wings, just about to take off, but Devon stopped him. "Can we take that long way?" He held his hand out for Pterano's for him to get the point.

The pteranodon beamed at his son as he lowered his wings. "I thought you would never ask." But instead of taking Devon's hand as expected, he simply wrapped a warm arm around him, almost like a side hug, and pulled him close. Devon gasped, but then he relaxed as he brought his arm around his the older flyer's middle, leaning on his shoulder. The father and son walked home that night underneath the shooting stars that flew here and there. They knew that nothing in this universe, or the next could ever break their bond...not ever.

----------------------------------------

Huh...I expected it to be written better...oh wellz. That just the way the rock rolls.  :lol

But I did like writing this oneshot. FATHER AND SON FLUFF FOR THE WIN!!! :lol

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Awwwh!! That was so tender and loving. I LOVED Devon's speech to Pterano at the special meeting..

And I loved the night scene when they were both watched a shooting star... THAT was so beautiful...

I also loved it when Pterano called Devon his "sweet baby boy" Pterano LOVES Devon so MUCH!  :D

YOU'RE TOTALLY right! NOTHING will ever break their bond!! Never.

I loved "Father's Day"..and Devon gave Pterano the PERFECT Father's Day, too!  :D  :yes

That was so beautiful, loving, touching, and tender! Awwwwhhh!  I loved it!  :D  :D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought this was a wonderful story I read. Nice work everyone.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!!!!

AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!!!!

TO PROTECT THE WORLD FROM DEVASTATION!!!-Ooops! Wrong opening!  :lol Sorry, just had to type that.

Some of you people may already know this but I was planning to write a Pterano/Petrie oneshot based on the original LBT film. So hear it is. And just so you know, this is one of those "What ifs". Just so nobody gets confused.

--------------------------

Caravanserai

Lightning danced through the strormy skies. Thunder boomed loudly and rained poured as hard as rocks. Darkness swept over the land, so pitch black, you would need to be a night creature in order to see...save for the lightning that flashed in the sky every two seconds of course.

It truly was a disaster in the dinosaur world. river streams would be flooding the land. Mud would be sliding on caves, thus destroying homes for the flyers. Even in the Great Valley itself.

The Great Valley, the land that was once called home for all kinds of dinosaurs, was becoming a giant mud pool. Rain was pouring from weeks to months, flooding sand and dirt into mud. New species were moving into the Great Valley, and they weren't very friendly...or safe. All these new changes were forcing all of the residents to abandon their homes and find new ones. Grandma and Grandpa Longneck, despite their old ages, fallowed by Mr. Threehorn and Tria as well as the rest of the herd. The adult flyers soared above, searching for a place to call home again. And yet none found not even the slightest sign of green.

At the end of the long line strolled Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie and Spike. Littlefoot and Cera were in the front, leading just like their guardians were. Both Ducky and Petrie were perched on Spike's back. They were reluctant, not really wanting to say anything. Petrie just stared back in the direction of the dying valley, noticing he was getting drowsy from the dried tears on his face. He sighed, thinking to himself; This all my fault. If I had done something to protect him...this not be happening.

And as if Littlefoot was a brainreader, he stopped at hearing Petrie's sigh. He let Spike pass him before lowering his head towards the little flyer. "Petrie, there's nothing you can do. He's gone."

He let out yet another sigh, hanging his head down. "Me know...me know..." was all he could spill out.

Flashback

Together, the gang's scream filled the air. Cries of help was heard throughout the land, but the adults were too far away to reach their children. All except one.

Pterano himself was searching for a new home, but when he heard the children's cries, he didn't hesitate to rush in to the rescue. He busted through the tree tops, taking a good look at the source of the cries. As it turns out, he saw a young longneck, threehorn, swimmer, spiketail and a flyer struggling to get out of a tar pit, and not having any success...THAT JUST HAPPENED TO BE HIS NEPHEW AND HIS FRIENDS!!!! "Oh my goodness!" Pterano gasped, immediately slicinga vine of a tree with his claw and rushed to their sides, throwing the vine in the longneck's direction. "Quickly! Grab on!" the flyer instructed, keeping a good grip on the vine. How he was abe to do it was beyond Pterano, but he managed to pull them out to safety.

Petrie was the first to react as he immediately jumped into Pterano's arms as if his uncle was a magnet. "Uncle Pterano! It's you! It really is you!!!" he shouted happily, holding onto his neck before pulling away. "But...how you find us?"

"No time to explain." Pterano replied, releasing his nephew. "I have to get you children out of here..."

But before they could really do anything, two giant feet stepped behind Pterano, causing the older flyer to gasp, only taking a silent groan to get the flyer to jump out of his skin. And if he hadn't changed out in the Mysterious Beyond, he would be flying out of here. But Pterano decided against that and took a protective stance in front of the children, shielding them with his wing.

(Okay, imma have to stop here. Too tired to type. And unless you guys want a crappy oneshot, you'd understand. Oh and please do NOT leave feedback. I know it's not like me to ask for that, but I like for people to wait until my oneshots are finished. I wouldn't mind the feedback for finished chapters of a story, but oneshots, that's a no. I'll try to continue this tomorrow, but if i don't, that means I had to study for Vocab Quiz on Tuesday in English class. But I'll try to get as much done as I can tomorrow or the next day. But I'm not making any promises.)

Just when they thought nothing could get worse, yet another sailbacked sharptooth stepped behind them, causing Littlefoot, Cera and Spike to turn around. Petrie and Ducky just braced themselves. "Whatever you do..." Pterano whispered, staying as still as he could. "Do not move a muscle."

All it took was one roar coming from one of the sailback's and the children were sent running into the forest, leaving only Pterano to face the sailbacks. "Or just run away...whatever pops your bubble." he muttered before facing the sailback's as they began to close in on him. Realizing that he couldn't fight them alone, he too took flight into the forest.

The children kept racing through the forests, dodging every log, tree and bush. But then, unnoticed, Petrie stopped in midair. courage filling his features. "Me can't leave me uncle again!" he muttered, before turning and flying in the other direction.

Pterano too stopped in mid air, realizing that he was leading the sharpteeth straight for the children. He could still see their tiny tails disappearing in the distance, although getting smaller and smaller per second. And yet, he could not see any tiny brown object flying towards him. So he flew in another direction, hoping to lead the sharpteeth away from the children. Lucky for him, the two of them just happened to be right on his tail. He smirked as he began to see...something like an edge in the darkness.

A ha! If Pterano could keep the sailback's distracted enough, he might be able to throw them down that cliff...if that edge was an actual cliff. He decided to go in for the gold. He soared faster and faster until he reached the edge...that turned out to be the perfect cliff. At least two hundred feet high off the ground, the sailback could easily fall and die. "Hey, dumbnuts! I'm delicious!" Pterano shouted, waving his wings to keep the sailbacks racing towards him. "Eat me!"

Before he knew it, the sailback was no more as it jumped off the cliff, snapping its jaws at Pterano one last time before plummeting to its death. "Suckers..." he muttered, but then he realized; what happened to the other sailback. It only took a second and a "HEEEELP!!!" to figure it out. "PETRIE!!!!"

Petrie was in a hole in the tree, avoiding the jaws of the sharptooth as good as he can. There wasn't much room in the hole, so one step forward, and Petrie could be dinner. Petrie closed his eyes, preparing for impact. There was no hope for the little guy until...

The sailback flinched suddenly and pulled away, Petrie opened his eyes. Pterano was clawing at the sailback's tail. "Uncle!" Petrie shouted, moving to the enterance of the hole.

"Petrie, RUN!!! GET OUT OF THERE!!!!" Pterano screamed at a higher volume before the sailback snapped its jaws at him, knocking him over. However, it wasn't enough to keep him down. Using his wings to flap, he got up on his feet and into the air. He didn't hesitate to lung at the sharptooth...that was now focused on him.

Pterano saw this as an advantage. He stormed the other way towards that cliff with the sailback on his tail, snapping its enormous jaws at him. About half way towards the cliff, the sailback finally managed to nail him. Pulling on his wing with the jaws, the sailback shook furosiously for a good five to ten seconds before tossing him into a tree. The flyer fell to the ground, groaning in deep pain. "UUUUNCLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Petrie screamed, rushing to his uncle's side.

"I told you to run, Petrie..." he drifted off, coughing out blood.

"Me won't leave you!!" Petrie protested, standing his ground. "You get killed!"

"It's better than if you did..." Pterano widened his eyes, realizing that the sharptooth was making its way towards them. Pterano reached out and took his nephew, pulling him close to his chest, sheilding him as best as he could.

Both of their heart pounded in their chests, they could feel it. The sharptooth stomped closer, and closer and the uncle and nephew were shaking more violently just hearing the thumps. The sailback finally stopped beside them, bringin its claw down onto Pterano's back, claws digging right into the flyer's back. Pterano screamed out in pain and agony as the claws left three long, deep scratches on the flyer's back. Pterano coughed out blood uncontrollably. "NO!! UNCLE!!!!!!" Petrie was horrified as Pterano fell onto his side.

The older flyer used his wings to shield his nephew. "Petrie, I'll say this again; run."

"No! Me WON'T leave you while you hurt! Sharptooth'll kill you!" Petrie protested, tears beginning to spill down his eyes.

"Trust me, it's better this way."

But before either of them could do anything, the sharptooth was hit by a treesweet...fallowed by another...and another. Littlefoot and Cera used their tails to toss them into the sharptooth's mouth. "Hey! Leave them alone, you big bully!" the longneck shouted towards the sharptooth, tossing another treesweet at the hungry sharptooth.

"Yeah! Go pick on someone your own size!" Cera jumped in, head butting another treesweet towards the sharptooth's way. Just a few more of those prehistoric fruits and the sharptooth was sent running away from them, never to be bothering them again.

Petrie looked up at his uncle, unsure if Pterano was moving or not. Worry filled his features and sadness as well. He hated seeing his dear uncle like this. He hated it with every last bit of his soul. It just pained him too much. He nudged him, scooting closer while doing so. "Uncle? Uncle?"

A few seconds pass until Petrie finally gets his reply. "Petrie..." Pterano whispered, opening his saphire blue eyes half way.

"Uncle! Oh thank goodness! Please get up..."

"I-I'm not sure I can, nephew." There was a hint of disappointment in his faint voice.

"Yes you can...get up!" Petrie's voice began to crack as he nudged him again.

Pterano groaned again, unsure if he could do this or not. But he tried. Slowly, weakly and vainly, he tried to at least get on his hands and knees. But the wound on his back was too deep and thus, Pterano fell back onto the muddy floor. "Please don't leave me, Uncle..." Petrie begged, staring right into his uncle's eyes.

Pterano looked at his worried nephew. He hated to admit it, but he was dying. No flyer could survive these wounds, and he wasn't one of the lucky ones. "It's better this way..."

"DON'T say that, Uncle! It's not true! It's NOT true! You mean more than the world to me!" Petrie pleaded, clutching Pterano's hand.

"Petrie...listen to me." Pterano spoke, focusing his last ounces of energy on his nephew. "I won't be here that much longer and thus, I won't be here to take care of the family," he coughed out more blood. "So I need you to do the job for me."

"W-what? Me?"

"Yes. Petrie, I've heard all about your adventures with your friends and I've always admired you for that."

"Y-you have?" Petrie smiled a little, wiping away an incoming tear.

"Yes, and this is why I need you to do this. Petrie...promise me...that you will take care of your mother and siblings. They need you more than you know. And while your at it, tell your mother I'm sorry for me okay?"

Petrie shed more tears. "Me promise."

"Thank you..." Pterano drifted off, closing his eyes.

Petrie widened his eyes, horrified. "Uncle...?"

The older flyer reopened his eyes and looked at his nephew. He couldn't help but smile at how innocent Petrie looked. "Petrie...I won't last that much longer. But I want you to know...that I love you." The little flyer looked at him shocked, staring in his eyes and he could tell almost immediately that his uncle was telling the truth. "I love you more than my own life. More than my own soul. More than anything. Petrie, on the day you were born, when I first looked into your eyes. I felt a spark in me...the spark that I haven't felt in a long time. I was just lost and confused but you helped me find my place in the world. I couldn't thank you enough for that."

"Oh Uncle...please don't leave me! You can't go! You just can't!" Petrie protested.

"Please don't be scared. And please...don't be sad. I'll always be with you...even when you can't see me...I love you...just please...don't cry." Petrie then noticed that Pterano's voice was getting weaker...and fainter by the minute. Tears were streaming down his cheeks.

"Uncle!"

"I love you, Petrie...I love you..." Then he closed his eyes, and Petrie could have swarn he heard a quiet sigh coming from his dying uncle. He looked up at him and realized that Pterano wasn't moving...or breathing.

"Uncle...? Uncle...?" He couldn't take it anymore as he moved in closer to his uncle, burying his face into his neck, sobbing uncontrollably. The rest of the gang surrounded the uncle and nephew, bowing their heads down in respect. Even Cera had tears pouring down her eyes. She may have hated Pterano, but she didn't want him dead. And she hated seeing Petrie this sad. Littlefoot approached the sobbing flyer. "He's gone, Petrie." he told him solemnly as much as it pained him to do so.

Petrie didn't really say anything back to his longneck friend. He clutched to his uncle tightly, burying his face into his chest, hoping to feel even the faintest heartbeat. But there was no heartbeat. The storm had stopped as well, clouds leaving a full moon and a few stars. The moon seemed to be just as devasted as Petrie was. And yet, through his streaming tears, the little flyer managed to let out the words, "I love you."

------------------------------------------------

Man! That was FRIGGIN SAD!!!! POOR PETRIE!!!! DAAAWWWW!!

But on the plus side...THE ONESHOT IS FINALLY DONE!!! YAY!!!! AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!  :lol

Enjoy.  :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It was a pretty good chapter you made.  Nice work.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okay, just posted the rest of the oneshot. You all can leave feedback now.  :yes

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
...Well this sucks...

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
..........Well this sucks................