The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Let's play Jeopardy! (LBT-style)

action9000 · 241 · 17471

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yeah okay :p
They actually kept the number consistant in this case. :P:
Way to go.  Your go!

Latest Scores:
Petrie: 550
Flathead770: 400
Tails_155: 300
action9000: 250
Littlefoot1616: 150
landbeforetimelover: 100
Darkhououmon: 50

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I just wanted to reply before tails did. :p  I guessed.  I only watched LBT 8 once and then never again.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just wanted to reply before tails did.  I guessed. I only watched LBT 8 once and then never again.
Lucky bas...I mean good job, pick another category! :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I know there's six people sitting here watching this, but I really think we need to call it a night here....how fair is this to those who aren't online now but want to play?  We'll have this game done by midnight at this rate.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
my internets are slowing (that's no excuse you were right fair and square, plus, I didn't know the answer either :p)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I want Backstage for 500.  And I'm off to bed so good luck to someone. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well i'm done for now, i was supposed to be doing my Social Essay, but i never knew this game would become a chaotic race.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Tim you forgot to post the question before you logged off. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tim you forgot to post the question before you logged off.
I never said I was going to post the question.  I'm not a backstage expert, myself.  I was hoping somebody could come up with a good 500-pointer.
(I hope to write the 500-point Songs and Music question though! :lol )

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Alright alright, I'll forgo my 500 point question to pose one :p

For 500 points, Backstage:

Name the character who is given screen time, did not speak, and received a voice credit at the end of the film, which film this occured in, and the voice actor who really didn't say a word.

Good luck! :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
who is Frank Welker, who voice acted Tickles in LBT 4?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Who is the Spokes Dinosaur from LBT 7, "voiced" by Jeff Glen Bennett?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I don't have DVD's to check this, but neither of those are the answer I'm looking for.  Sorry.  Anyone else want to take a shot at it?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
neither of those are the answer I'm looking for. Sorry.
Nuts.  I spent a good 45 minutes scouring the DVD credits and comparing them to characters, LOL.  Hmm....I'm afraid you totally got me then.  I thought I had it. :p
There's probably more to this question than meets the eye.  I guess I just lack the knowledge.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Who is Grandfather from Land Before Time, voiced by Bill Erwin?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 13 2007 on  02:52 PM
Who is Grandfather from Land Before Time, voiced by Bill Erwin?
Looks like somebody saw the credits the same way I did then. :D

Grandpa Longneck in the original had no speaking role; just a simple chuckle.  He certainly has a credit to Bill Erwin (for providing the chuckle?).  Can't say for sure, but that certainly has fit the question the way I asked it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Once Tim has updated the picture, and scores, then Kacie pick a category and point value.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck in the original had no speaking role; just a simple chuckle.
Chuckle he did, but according to www.dictionary.com "speak" can be defined simply as
to utter words or articulate sounds with the ordinary voice
he still "spoke" (using the vocal chords to express an emotion).  I looked it up prior to my answer to make sure I didn't post a wrong answer, as I only had one guess.  Other definitions are: "to express or make known with the voice" or "To produce a characteristic sound: ".  I just think this question deserves a second look, based on the wording.

The spokes dinosaur in LBT 7 never made a *sound* (at least there is no evidence of it) yet he is creditted.

Since this is the first "test run" of LBT Jeopardy, I just want to make sure we can all improve on eliminating "loopholes" in questions and answers.  According to your question, "Tickles" would also be correct, as he never muttered a "word" in any human language, either.  I still think the "Spokes Dinosaur" is the more accurate answer to this question.  I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about this one.  I can post up a video of the only scenes where this character appears, if you're interested.

Please don't misunderstand me.  Darkhououmon, congrats on nailing the answer! B)  I just want to make sure that questions are as fully-understood as possible.  I interpretted it to mean, by definition of the word "speak", No Vocal Expression At All was uttered by the character.

By the way, I'll have the next board up soon.