The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

High School Band

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Plays second Saxophone in Emma's Mareridt.
Translation: Emma's nightmare :D
Reason: Well, we are named "?rhus Musicschool Harmony Orchestra, but it was too long so it was change. Why "Emma's Nightmare", well.. we have a danish woman named Emma Gad, living around 1900, and she said:

Giv ikke B¯rn Bliktrompeter, Fl¯jter eller Trommer til Gave.
De kÊre Smaa kan vÊre st¯jende nok endda og fordummes blot
af at hengive sig til et formÂlsl¯st Spektakel, hvad de elsker.

Translation:
Do not give the children trompets, flutes nor drums in presents.
The dear small ones can be noisy more than enought, and will get more stupid by making meaningless noise, what they love.

Now, we play different kind of music. Yesterday we had a concert, where we played "The Phantom of the Opera", "Village People hits", "Caberet" and "Birdland" (The last one we love) :D

We've also played alot of Disney music.

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I was never in a band, but I followed the high school band around and praised them like I was a groupie. x3

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,May 5 2008 on  12:13 PM
they don't have school bands in holland, i wanna know why cuz school bands are most of all fairly good :yes
Actually there are many schoolbands in the netherlands, most of them started from students themselves and the teachers helped them provide instruments and studying time. It's quite cool to be honest, and quite popular at our school.

I've never been in one, mainly because I don't play any instrument. But many are. At our school there is also a talent show which always gets good singers/dancers or musicians. I've never joined that either, mainly because I can't do it on my own and nobody wants to work together with me :p

I've been in the school choir though, 3 times so far. 2 times with christmas and 1 time for little kids to give them some entertainment. I would not sing solo if I had to.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I was never much of a band person yet I did play a few musical instruments. I can play keyboard/piano fairly well (nothing amazing but I can play one  :lol ) and the ol' English school favourite for year 3's and up was...the humble recorder!  :DD I still have my old recorder and I can still play it despite not touching it for years :DD *sigh* Good times....

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
I'm hoping to learn the Bagpipe at some point, though right now it doesn't look optimistic