The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ouya Expectations

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 12 2013 on  11:34 PM
Quote from: Path Light,Jun 12 2013 on  05:32 PM
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 12 2013 on  11:30 PM
That's so silly... Not allowing anyone into the market, huh :p Still interested in what this console has to offer us in the future.
I have no idea if this comes to the store. :p  :blink:
It will, and it will be very cheap. I don't think it will be as popular as major game companies though.
I hope that its price is below $95. :p
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
It will be $99 at launch, unless they change their minds.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it has good games for it than yeah I might spend the 99.00 plus tax on it. It looks kinda cool. I like how it has a Playstation type controller with the same exact buttons on it. Hopefully it will be released so it has a fighting chance.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 13 2013 on  03:45 AM
If it has good games for it than yeah I might spend the 99.00 plus tax on it. It looks kinda cool. I like how it has a Playstation type controller with the same exact buttons on it. Hopefully it will be released so it has a fighting chance.
Hopefully it will arrive earlier than 31 June 2013, I think.  :blink:  :)  :lol  :DD  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may take time, but having a console as  cheap as the Ouya and the Gamestick will gradually spread word of mouth as well as internet presence.  I'm sure many folks may not mind trying out a console that is about $100 or less then that, compared to what most cost.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Kor,Jun 13 2013 on  10:03 AM
It may take time, but having a console as  cheap as the Ouya and the Gamestick will gradually spread word of mouth as well as internet presence.  I'm sure many folks may not mind trying out a console that is about $100 or less then that, compared to what most cost.
I noticed a mistake. It should be 'than' instead of 'then'. :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, the Ouya comes out today.  I will be looking for mine during lunch at work at my usual 4 choices. (My ONLY 4 choices, mind you. :rolleyes: )

In the meantime, it seems that a number of those who supported it have yet to get their's, and this makes the developer upset because it's not their fault.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...Delays-Continue

Gee, who would've guessed a shipping company could cause such problems.

Hopefully by the end of the day, I'll have my own to enjoy. :)

See ya later! :wave

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I heard there some delays in shipping, but I wasn't sure who the culprit was.

I do hope to get an Ouya soon. But I'll have to hold out on it for a time. While I wait, I'll check out some reviews of the console and see what others think of it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it's worth the money and reviews I may spend the cash on it. And I hope you don't wait to long on the shipping.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess messups or something in the shipping company happen.  I thought it may be due demand outstripping the supply.  I also wonder what most will say once more folks start getting one and trying it out for the short and long run.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What games are gonna be released for this system when it first comes out?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I found a list on their home page.  If I didn't already have an android tablet I would consider getting an Ouya or Gamestick, though like some others here I'd wait to see what others are saying about the system first.  

An alphabetical listing: http://www.ouya.tv/games/

http://www.ouya.tv/games/?show=popular

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome thanks for the link Kor and some of the games don't look that bad. Some of them look very fun to play.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& I remember a youtube video one of the developers was talking in it.  As I recall there'll be lots of games folks have made and upload to their server and people can vote on the game to up it's ranking.  Forgot the ranking but for example a new game that some indy folks have made may be say grade z.  And with some people who vote on it it may rise up to rank w, rank B, ect.  Not sure of how many rankings there were.  And they wanted most of the games to be free to play, like many Android games are.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And that is a very cool thing to see. That this company isn't money hungry like a lot of these other companies are. And the game graphics they used look very cool and very well made. Some of them I'd even want to play they look that good. I liked how they had a Nintendo 64 thing on there witch is pretty cool to see. Hopefully they will sell a ton of these. And I also hope people give the system very good ratings as well. And ah that sounds pretty cool and hope it rates well and get's high ratings. I may get it some day once it's released it looks neat and looks like a well made machine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The emulator you mean.  Means with roms you can play a lot of games.  

Looks like quite a list of games, from what I looked at when I glanced through the list.  I assume that doesn't count the other unrated games that small groups and individuals made.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh boy!  Pirates will absolutely love the emulators on this.  Trust me on that! :)

Anyways, I was unable to find one at my 4 choices.  However, Best Buy was able to set up one to get delivered to my apartment, so I will have it soon. (Between July 3 to July 7.)

Hopefully it comes on an off day so I can really enjoy it. :D

So until then, see ya! :wave

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's neat that it's legal to mod the system and create your own games for it. Something that previous consoles didn't let you do. A friend of mine will have a blast with the whole "it's okay to mod our system" thing.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is so blanking cool if the N64 Emulator works on that system I'd be the happiest person ever. I can play my favorite Nintendo 64 game on the Ouya Paper Mario the sequel to Mario RPG Legend Of The Seven Stars.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I sure got a surprise.  After doing some shopping for replenishing my food supply, I went to watch a movie on my Blu-ray and then I saw a UPS truck stop in front of my apartment building.  He then grabbed a small box and went straight to my door.  I seriously cannot believe I got it 2 days ahead of the soonest day it was said to arrive on my receipt.

I opened the box and found it to be too hot to touch. (No surprise, it's triple digits outside.) Believing it to be too hot to start up, I chose to put it into the fridge to cool it down while I set up everything for it.

After I moved my DSL Box, added my HDMI switcher and moved a few plugs, I got it out of the fridge and hooked it up.

It took a bit of effort to open the controller so I could put in the Duracell Batteries, and then I set up my account. (Which requires a credit card so you can buy any games after trying the demos.)

I have gotten to play a few and I must say, they have quite a few fun games.  I haven't looked at the whole library yet, mind you, but for the most part, it looks like this is one strong library of games.

I'm still wondering how they are getting past the lawsuits with all of the emulators they have.  Still, once I have plenty of roms on a Flash Drive, I'll be having quite a bit of fun with it. :D

After I have gotten the necessary equipment, I might upload a few videos of me playing some of the demos they have.  My fave so far is Vector.  It's a lot of fun, though challenging.

I'll be enjoying this for a while.  Until then, see ya! :)