The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lost Stories

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Lost stories are perhaps the bane of every fanfiction reader. These are stories that have not been updated in months to years and the author has gone MIA or even worse, that they been deleted.

So what experiences have you had with these lost treasures?

Silver by Regina Demonica (Land Before Time). This is what comes to mind when I the term "lost story" is mentioned. It's a very well written and dark LBT war story that stars Icthy. He, Dil and Strut ally with the Great Valley dinosaurs to prevent Jadeclaw from finding the real Stone of Cold Fire.

It was deleted sometime in 2011-2012 for unknown reasons.

Sadly, all that is left of it are some PMs I exchanged with the author four years ago. I may have had a copy of it on a flash drive but that flash drive has been lost.

-------------

The Conversion Bureau: Not Alone by Starman Ghost (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) It's a classic anti-TCB war story but it manages to make the invaders somewhat sympathetic despite also showing them as being clearly in the wrong.

This story was deleted because the author grew tired of the TCB and anti-TCB fandoms.

Luckily, due to its incredible popularity, an entire copy of it exists on another forum.

-------------

The Rikken region by Flygon 101 (PokÈmon). This is an extremely ambitious original region project that involved at least three people working on it. It included everything from towns to pokÈmon and even writing samples.

Sadly, the forum section it was on was shut down due to lack of activity. It remains to be seen if the staff of the forum will let me archive the thread.

All I have left is that initial compilation post harvested from archive.org and a few remaining pokÈmon scattered around the forum. The writing snippet I made was on a now-lost flash drive.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.