The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 176466

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The book is a bit different in some scenes. In the clip sharptooth also stands on his feet what means that the wave can't be caused by his fall. I would think the cause is the tail of Littlefoots's mother when it drops into the mud after she struck him down.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Someone has come forth and claimed that he actually has a VHS with the scenes where Littlefoot's mother is bitten by the sharptooth. Now, I'm skeptical about his claims, but he is one person who actually says he has the tape in his possession.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile

Here's better quality cel of the original ending with petrie on littlefoots head.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And then look at this picture

The only things different are the cloud stream and missing Petrie. The pose is even the same. You can't really tell because of the quality but it's identical.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hm,I don't know. This is a 9$ cel from Ebay and so it could also be a fake. In general the real cels cost more then 100$. I mean, today with Photoshop and tablet it isn't a problem to create fakes and I can't believe that someone sells off original cels for next to nothing.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 26 2011 on  12:43 PM
And then look at this picture

The only things different are the cloud stream and missing Petrie. The pose is even the same. You can't really tell because of the quality but it's identical.
The pose of course is the same since they animate running with the same guidelines. And they probably just reused the same cels for the scenes, except added petrie on top and different background to save costs and time. The atmosphere of the background is different, same kind of washed out bright haze like when they are all on the other side of the tunnel.

I dont think someone selling cels on ebay has even idea of the original ending so why would he photoshop it? All of the other cels are dead accurate too, and he has put dozens of them up there.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Aug 27 2011 on  01:44 AM
I dont think someone selling cels on ebay has even idea of the original ending so why would he photoshop it? All of the other cels are dead accurate too, and he has put dozens of them up there.
Why shouldn't he have an idea of the original ending? We also have it and as I said today accurate copies aren't a problem anymore thanks to the PC.
And that he has dozens of that cheap cels is the key factor for me. In general LBT cels are rare and expensive and no cheap mass ware, especially those of the uncut movie.

Edit:
And if you look at his ratings there are different people which bought the same cels he currently offers. So how can more than one original cel of the same scene exist?

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dilopho,Aug 27 2011 on  03:46 AM
Why shouldn't he have an idea of the original ending? We also have it and as I said today accurate copies aren't a problem anymore thanks to the PC.
And that he has dozens of that cheap cels is the key factor for me. In general LBT cels are rare and expensive and no cheap mass ware, especially those of the uncut movie.

Edit:
And if you look at his ratings there are different people which bought the same cels he currently offers. So how can more than one original cel of the same scene exist?
they are laser background cels, not ones with the actual production backgrounds. That's why theyre cheap.

Dilopho

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pikkutassu,Aug 27 2011 on  04:11 AM
Quote from: Dilopho,Aug 27 2011 on  03:46 AM

Edit:
they are laser background cels, not ones with the actual production backgrounds. That's why theyre cheap.
Even with that they are much to cheap.
He claims that they are originals but people already bought the same pieces he is offering at the moment and therefore my question from above remains:  How can more than one original exist?

Radical Dreamosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Aug 14 2011 on  08:37 AM
Someone has come forth and claimed that he actually has a VHS with the scenes where Littlefoot's mother is bitten by the sharptooth. Now, I'm skeptical about his claims, but he is one person who actually says he has the tape in his possession.
I can vouch hen I say I also own the original Land before Time VHS tape . I have owned it since I was 2, watched it so many times I lost count, and I can also say Sharptooth does bite Little Foot's mother on the back.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Please give proof. So many cases of "I have the tape" that end in disappointment. A screenshot will do. It would be rather rewarding to see  :D
Oh and welcome to the forum. You might want to head on over to the welcome center and introduce yourself.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I am very pleased to see that this thread is still living and showing more progress to getting the cut scenes. I've been looking up the deleted scenes again, and as well as checked my video. It seems that my video -does- appear to have some of the scenes there. I found the casing with a copyright 1988, and it says "1 hour 9 mins". I'm unsure whether this is it's true casing as we didn't exactly get my movie from the video store or anything ( got it from someone else, we're broke XP ). I'll more than likely will look more into this and see. If true be told that my version is a bit edited I'll get my digital camera and try recording some of the scenes =)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah the hunt is still going for the uncut version of the movie.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No, Petrie85. The hunt is on for the scenes that were cut after the theatrical release.

I am very pleased to see that this thread is still living and showing more progress to getting the cut scenes. I've been looking up the deleted scenes again, and as well as checked my video. It seems that my video -does- appear to have some of the scenes there. I found the casing with a copyright 1988, and it says "1 hour 9 mins". I'm unsure whether this is it's true casing as we didn't exactly get my movie from the video store or anything ( got it from someone else, we're broke XP ). I'll more than likely will look more into this and see. If true be told that my version is a bit edited I'll get my digital camera and try recording some of the scenes =)

Interesting. Copyright 1988 eh?
The one scene I would most definitely love to see is the one involving Littlefoot and Cera smashing into Sharptooth's foot. It's strange. When I watched that scene in the TV spot, I immediately remembered watching it at my stepmom's parent's house. It was so long ago, but I can remember watching it there. Mainly because while I was watching it, I was messing with their fish; they had a giant Plecostomus (sucker fish) and it amazed me at the time :lol:.  Anyways, Kamarsi, I do hope it does have a scene or two.  :goodluck

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Witch is kinda of the same thing. We're still looking for that movie that has the parts that they took out.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Oct 6 2011 on  05:34 PM
No, Petrie85. The hunt is on for the scenes that were cut after the theatrical release.

The national audiovisual archive here has an actual original theatrical copy stored, and they offer transorming films onto tapes for personal use. But I live 400km from Helsinki.

CreativePerson

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I heard there was a deleted scene involving Cera's sisters laughing at her while she runs toward her mother or father. Does anyone have any idea what that scene is about?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's not one I've heard of before, but it sounds like a scene that's in the film - when Cera hatches, she charges at both her parents, while her siblings run for safety, laughing. Probably someone got their stories mixed up.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Oct 8 2011 on  08:38 PM
It's not one I've heard of before, but it sounds like a scene that's in the film - when Cera hatches, she charges at both her parents, while her siblings run for safety, laughing. Probably someone got their stories mixed up.
He means this scene

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
In my opinon, I don't think that scene is when Cera was first born. They look like they were Cera's age when she first met Littlefoot.