The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So, There Used To Be This Guy, Right?

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Hello, everyone. So, long, long ago, back in the years prior to 2011 and up through then, this one guy who was on the forums posted a lot, and then kind of up and vanished.

He's returned, no guarantee about consistent responses, because, honestly, this me guy, spread himself so thin on his work, that he doesn't go to a lot of places anymore, to give some depth to my stuff. I'm super active on deviantART, and, in fact, that's why I am posting here, this, today.

I jumped on the brony bandwagon when I found out I really really really really (really really) liked the new My Little Pony show. If you're turned off by that, return in a few paragraphs, as marked.

*Work ranges from G to R, all MLP stuff is G-PG, however*

I am still big on deep analysis, as I was with my Ducky analysis back in 2007. My new character I've picked up to analyze is Scootaloo from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I found the character's personality, mystery, and potential fascinating, and began studying her (I actually went back, at the end of Season 2 and rewatched every episode for this project.) After enough analysis and thinkifying, I came up with a working character in my head. To this day, I have written a fan fiction scaling the 100k word wall, currently resting at 119k words. It's a big investment to read, but it's broken into small enough chunks it's easy to pick up and drop, based on time, energy, and necessity. Thus, I present to you, Scootaloo's Personal Diary
Scootaloo's Personal Diary. (There are also two substories: one that is complete, and one that needs a major overhaul.) It's a year's work and counting, with several arcs, some commissioned art, if you're willing to have a couple spoilers to the story's content, and a lot of effort: it spans romance, sorrow, loss, friendship, ethics, and a great deal more.

*Channeling RonCo* But wait! There's more! For tuning in here, today. You get not one, but TWO My Little Pony themed products (okay, technically four, not one, not two, not three, but four!): The Deal With Bronies is a series of essays I have been writing about why the show is successful, and my thoughts relating to the cultural response. I'll even throw in, for no extra charge, my major criticisms of the show, to date!

***NONPONY FANS RETURN HERE***

My life isn't all MLP these days. I haven't done much lately with The Land Before Time, though I did receive 1, 2, and 4 on DVD for my birthday, this year.

I have also produced an original work  (I have 4 sections written, two have been edited, though,) and a Mario fanfic.

I've also produced poetry (Collection, 1, 2) and essays (1, 2, 3).

But Tails_155, you might say, isn't this a lot of writing? What if I don't have the time for literature? Well, my friend, have I got a deal for you! I have a vast collection of various media, ranging from photography, to a couple related pixel art projects, to various things, in between!

If you think there is nothing else, you would be wrong, my friend. There is plenty to explore on my deviantART as a whole! So come see what all the fuss is about that has warranted this young artist a Daily Deviation, and a feature on FIMFiction! You won't be disappointed!

Spiel aside, I would really appreciate it if you'd check out my stuff, I've spent 7 or so years working on various forms of art, and it's starting to pick up some steam, so I'm hoping to get any responses I can. Thanks for your time!  :smile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome back tails. good to have you back...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome back, great to see a member return.  MLP has it's own thread you can post to if you want.  I watch the show also, been watching it since early season 1.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome back I to am a brony as well tails and it's a vet awesome show. And I've been reading the comic books and reading clopfics and fimfiction.net. I have a account there. Glad you're back. Hope you stay longer.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It all depends on if I have time and energy. That's the two things that decide whether  I can do most of my stuff, anymore! XP

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hopefully you can visit regularly.   :yes

Do you have any favorite characters or episodes from MLP:FIM?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome back with us Tails_155 :)
It's great to see that you didn't just accept the invitation but also gave so fair an introduction for all who have joined the GOF more recently :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Tails! Nice to see you back ^^ Although I am not a pony fan there are many on the gof who are and who would probably love to read your ponyrelated work.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
YES like me I love reading friendship is magic stories. Looking forward to reading it. And if you have the time join us in our Skype Chat room. We'd love to have you on there.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 2 2013 on  11:16 PM
Hopefully you can visit regularly.   :yes

Do you have any favorite characters or episodes from MLP:FIM?
Scootaloo, Featherweight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Derpy, Luna, Pipsqueak, Dinky, and the other CMCs, really I like a lot, but the first 5 are my top 5.

Sleepless in Ponyville, Ponyville Confidential.

@Petrie85: What is the chatroom? Lemme know your Skype and I'll possibly join in.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting characters.  Some of those are among my favorites.  & looks like you have some background ponies among your favorites.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Many of those characters are significant to my fic. Speaking of, I recently bought about 8 commissions/sent out art requests, and have some art for my fic, now, too!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tails, PM me your skype username and I'll add you to the GOF skype chat :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good idea, Iris :)

Welcome and welcome back from one of the newer members :wave I hope we'll eventually get to know each other a bit :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
@Tails_155 my Skype name is Darknesssky0131. Feel free to add me I'm on there 24/7. And all accept your invite..

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
\ o /

Two more of my commissions were posted. One more and I can do a feature. C:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome glad to hear that your commissions are submitted. Good luck on your last one.