The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My MLP O.C. (not a pony)

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
I originally thought of posting this on the MLP thread, but then I decided making this topic
would have more responses. So here's my story...
After seeing episodes of Generation 4 of My Little Pony, I found myself wondering about the
greatness of the show. Then Discord came along and I cracked a lot at his amusing antics
and the fact that he's a made up creature that is so well done fascinated me. His species,
a "draconequus" would have great potential if there was another draconequus.

So I created my own draconequus O.C. His name is "Blithe", an old word that traditionally
means "happy or lighthearted in spirit". This contrasts with Discord's mischievous character. Anyway, Blithe is a draconequus younger than Discord. His head is horse-like, like Discord,
but his eyes are white with green irises instead of yellow with red irises. He lacks a goatee, and while Discord has an antler and a goat horn, Blithe has identical horns of a gazelle. His head is pale, he has rather scruffy brown hair, he torso is that of a red dragon, his right arm is also of a red dragon, and his left arm is of a fox. His right leg is a kangaroo's, left leg is a wolf's and the tail is shaped like that of an alligator's tail.
Blithe, being a draconequus, possesses reality-bending powers, but his magic is not on
the same level as Discord's "near-omnipotent" magical abilities. One of his specialties
is turning water into lemonade (Blithe is fond of this drink), making candy grow on trees,
and producing floating orbs of light, often for show. The things he cannot do which
Discord has been shown to do include Replication, Hypnosis, and opening portals to
other dimensions.
Before he met the Mane 6 and Discord, Blithe had come from a place beyond Equestria,
hoping to make friends and demonstrate his magic to help and to entertain others. Blithe wasn't mischievous and looking for trouble unlike Discord. He finally met the Mane 6 and they introduced him to Celestia, who arranged for Blithe to meet and get to know the
citizens of Equestria. Knowing that Blithe could be useful as an ally for Equestria, Discord
and Twilight Sparkle both agree to train Blithe to help him learn more skills in magic
and expand his powers. The fact that Discord and Twilight trained Blithe, both being
one of the most powerful users of magic in Equestria, made him able to do things he
previously could not have done. Of course, Blithe never becomes as powerful as Discord,
but he is content in his abilities.
Well that's my O.C. for MLP.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Your description about Blithe is very well made! Showing his true potential as a true friendly draconequus as you said about him sounds like a cool concept and would be a great idea for a future episode!

Sorry if I am not that much descriptive.

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you so much, and your words are descriptive enough. Would you like me to
write more and expand his backstory a little? Since you're the first comment (Yay!)
I could do that?
P.S. You're such a likeable guy.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
You're welcome! And go ahead, it's your topic, you can put on what you wish!

P.S. Hee, thank you! I am always happy to make new friends! Friendship is magic after all!

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well here is some dialogue ideas I have for Blithe. Enjoy.

This is where Blithe introduces himself to the Mane 6:

Twilight: So, what can you do, Blithe?
Blithe: Being a draconequus, I can do many things. I’m not sure exactly how much I can do, but I’ve been trying to learn more advanced magic since I started traveling.
Pinkie: Ooh! Show us what you can do!
Blithe: Alrighty. (cracks his fox and dragon knuckles) Let me demonstrate. I can…
. Make lemonade. (poofs a platter of cups with lemonade)
. Make candies grow on trees. (Snaps his fingers and a nearby lemon tree grows lemon-flavored candy)
. Telport short distances. (teleports and reappears behind the Mane 6) However, as of now, I can’t teleport long distances. (Pinkie hops up and down with excitement.)
. Make floating orbs made of magical energy. (Waves his hands and produces glowing orbs made of light. He puts one over the Mane 6.) Very useful when you need to see at night. (The orbs disappear.)
. And I can shapeshift into some animals based on the animal limbs I have. Take my fox arm, for example. (turns into a fox, then back to normal) And the alligator tail. (turns into an alligator, then back to normal) And the hawk wing. (turns into a hawk) Other than my limbs (turns back to normal), that’s about the only shapeshifting I can do.
Discord: (suddenly appears) Well jolly good! I was wondering when I would see another of my kind.
Blithe: You… I’ve heard of you! You’re the Master of Chaos! Yet, you’re more of an ex-Master of Chaos, you’ve reformed.
Rainbow Dash: Don’t be too sure, Blithe. He can still be a bit mischievous.

Well, what do you think the rest of the dialogue should be? Reply below.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting character, and it does make sense it would take Discord however many, perhaps centuries or thousands of years, to learn and grow into his present power level and skill.

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Apr 4 2017 on  03:49 PM
Interesting character, and it does make sense it would take Discord however many, perhaps centuries or thousands of years, to learn and grow into his present power level and skill.
Good observation, my friend. And my idea is that Blithe, being younger than Discord,
has fairly powerful magic, but his powers are not fully developed, thus he needs
training from magic users such as Discord to learn the same experience.

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Now I've decided to give Blithe his own theme song, and this is a parody of Disney’s Moana “You’re Welcome”. I appreciate feedback. It doesn’t always rhyme, but I did my best.  

Blithe: So, what I think you want to say, is thank you.
Twilight: Thank you?
Blithe: You’re welcome!
Twilight: (surprised) Welcome? What for? I helped you develop your magic, yet, well…
Blithe: Well I did some deeds for you, in return for helping to me develop more skills in magic and advance my powers and abilities. And well, okay, okay…
(starts to sing)

I see what’s happening here
You’re face to face with greatness, and it’s big
You don’t fully know how you feel,
It’s wonderful!
Well it’s nice to see that ponies (or other beings) never really change
Open your eyes, let’s begin
Yes, it’s really me, it’s Blithe, breathe it in!
I know it’s a lot: the fur, the scales,
When you’re staring at a draconequus
What can I say except you’re welcome
For the magic, the deeds, the art
Hey it’s okay, it’s okay
You’re welcome
I’m just someone who bends the laws of physics
Hey!
Who has a fox paw and a dragon claw
Who can do things that most can’t do
This guy!
Who can make candy grow on trees,
When somepony wants more than fruit
You’re looking at him, yo!
Oh, also, I fixed Rarity’s dresses
You’re welcome!
To chase away the dreadful rips and shreds
Also, I helped Applejack to harvest,
You’re welcome!
So she would have less time to pick a lot of apples
So, what can I say except you’re welcome,
For using my amazing power
There’s no need to pray, it’s okay
You’re welcome!
Ha, I guess it’s just my way of being me,
You’re welcome!
You’re welcome!
Well, come to think of it,
My friend, honestly, I can go and on
I can explain many extraordinary occurences
The milk clouds, the dancing flowers, the orbs of light,
Oh, that was me and Discord just playing around!
We played with natural law, bent the rule,
Changed the roads so now it’s soap
What’s the lesson, what is the takeaway
Don’t mess with Blithe when he is on the breakaway!
And the tapestry there in your castle,
Is a portrayal of the deeds I’ve done
Look what I’ve done,
I helped Pinkie plan a party,
Look at your friends just standin’ there in awe
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Well anyway, let me say you’re welcome,
For the wonderful things I’ve done
Hey, it’s okay to say
You’re welcome!
Well come to think of it, I made a show!
Hey it’s your day to say
You’re welcome!
Cause I’m gonna do some more,
I’m flying away, away
You’re welcome!
Cause Blithe can do everything, but mischief,
You’re welcome!
You’re welcome!
(poofs a book into Twilight’s hooves) And thank you!
(song ends)

I welcome your thoughts about this parody, and tell me below, please.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! That's an amazing arrangement to the original song! And I have to say, that song fits Blithe very well! It shows Blithe how friendly he is, and shows his tricks and when he helped his pony friends to prove it! I even had to listen the orignal song while looking at the lyrics you made! It is outstanding how you did it!

It is very amazing, but also can be difficult making arrangements for a song. As you said, it doesn't always rhyme, and I understand. It can be difficult to find new words that rhyme with the same word previously. But, in all honesty, the song is actually well arranged and written! It is very extrodinary and awesome that you made words very fitting and cleverly put in, whether they rhyme or not!

In other words, I loved it! 10 outta 10!

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow... I'm speechless.
Seriously though, thank you for your thoughts. You wrote an accurate description of what I really wanted to convey in that song. As for being able to make this parody so good and arrange fitting words so well, let's just say I am very creative.

P.S. As for including Discord in the lyrics "Oh that was me and Discord just playing around" I wanted to show that Discord also helped Blithe in advancing his magic skills and powers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very neat posts, very fun to read & very interesting character and ideas.

Dracorider19

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is another parody song, this time it will my personal song about draconequei in general. This song is based off of "Heffalumps and Woozles" in the old Winnie-the-Pooh TV series from the 1960s. This song I call "Tricks of Draconequei". This song basically talks about the power
and skills that draconequei have, and show that there's more of them besides Discord.

“They’re mixed, they’re hybrids, they’re strong, they’re down
They’re in, they’re out, they’re all around.
They’re rare, they’re back, they’re gone, they’re here,
They’re quick and slick, they’re all tricksters
Beware, beware,
Be a very wary pony

A draconequus or two,
Is very chaotic,
A draconequus or two’s very slick,
Slick, slick, slick,
They come in ones and twosles
But if they plan to trick,
You’ll be amazed at the things they can do
Do, do, do
They’re extraordinary
So, better be wary
Because they come in every shape and form,
Form, form, form
If magic is what you want
You’ll find that they’re strong with it
Because they’ll perform for you their powerful skills
They’re reptile, they’re mammal, they’re bird, they’re dragon-ish
They’re scaled, they’re feathered, they’re a spectacular sight
They’re able to shapeshift into various species
They come in straight or crooked horns
Beware, beware,
Be a very wary pony
(By this point Blithe and Discord each do some magical acts and tricks of their own in the musical interlude)

They’re extraordinary
So, better be wary
Because they can do a lot of things,
Things, things, things
If magic is what you want
You’ll find that they’re strong with it
Because they’ll do magic with powerful results

They’re mixed, they’re hybrids, they’re strong, they’re down
They’re here, they’re there, they’re up in the air
They’re great, they’re strong, they’re magical, they’re powerful
They’re quick and slick, they’re all strong users
Beware, beware,