Role Play > Finished RP's

The Bashful One

(1/63) > >>

AvestheForumFox:
Introduction
Some of you have already read up on my characters from that one thread. And well, I've had at least one or two requests to see them put into story form. What better way than to do it RP style?

Admittedly, I haven't RP'ed in a few good years (not since my last ex left me for another, it was then that I thought I was through with the concept forever) I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be writing anything concerning LBT, not even the thought of making such a thing as a fan character. So this is all so very new to me. It will be through Denton that I hope to learn a bit about the valley and be educated by veterans who know the series far better than I do (especially since I've never indulged in the sequels or the tv series)

It is only wise that I start off with my main character, Denton, the bashful longneck, and his hidden life by a small secret pond that's located within the valley. Remember, he was born here, he's never seen the outer world, and he's frightened by the sight of others, regardless of his mother's attempts to urge him to be with others. In truth, he's like this because he's.. well.. different. His coloring is a bit off (if anybody recalls the illustration I supplied in my character list) and even if he did want to make friends with the other valley children, he wouldn't know how to approach them or know what to say.

Further into the story, if we can ever get it into an Adventure gear, I'd introduce my other characters and maybe even some new ones as the story unfolds.

So then, what say we begin?

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Chapter 1: By the Lonely Pond

The day was warm and briezy , Denton had awoken late in the day as the sun was already high in the air. Before him he saw the usual green vegetation that he was used to, trees and bushes and banana trees, tall large and fruitful, some bearing large brilliant flowers of many colors. Not too far was his mother who was calmly drinking from the small nearby pond.

Denton yawned and stumbled to his feet, his eyes still barely open as he was slowly recovering from his sleepiness. Upon looking at him one could tell a vast difference that he had apposed to other longnecks at his age, for his age he was still extreamly small, three quarters smaller than he should had been, and his skin was an odd coloring of blue. He was different, and to his mother, he was quiet special for this purpose.

He made his way to his mother's side as she drank from the pond. She slowly lifted her head and looked to see her son approaching.

"My dear child, I thought you'd never awaken." She said calmly, and she lowered her head to him so he could nuzzle up to her. He did not speak a word but smiled and cuddled to his mother's warmth.

After some time he broke his embrace and walked to the pond's edge for a drink. His mother watched him, deep down she had a deep pity for her own son. Denton had not dared to leave this place for some time. He was frightened of the valley and those who lived in it. He feared he would not be accepted because of his odd difference. He felt safe where he was at, near his mother, by the pond. His comfort zone. Any place beyond is a place of risk, of uncertain danger or ridicule.

Once he did travel out into the valley, it was unfortunate that he met the wrong people, they bullied and ridiculed him because of his differences. They called him names and treated him as if he were a bad fruit. He ran from this group and ever since, refused to return.

In the weeks that followed, his mother would urge him, lecture him, try to make him see that there are better groups out there who would befriend him, who would welcome him and make him feel as if he were truly apart of the valley. But poor young Denton would not have it. It was a fear like one who feared a certain hight, despite the drop would end safely in a cool and pleasant lake for swimming. Denton was wrongfully blinded from the positive possibilities and benefits the valley had waiting for him.

"Not everybody is the same, my child." Said his mother "There are those who do care, and they will understand you. Who you are, and where you come from. They will treat you as if you were one of their own."

Denton sighed and lowered his head.

"I'm just too different, nobody will ever accept me. I feel better just being here with you. This is my home."

And at these words, he turned and returned to the nest where he lay in his thoughts. He was sad inside, though he tried to hide it, but his mother knew. And in his depression, he'd fall into a deep sleep, dreaming of a life he thought he could never have. A life with friends.

Kor:
(OOC: Do you prefer Feature characters over original characters?  Also for some folks coming after me, are any feature characters not in the valley yet, like Ruby, Chomper, ect ?   I'm also not sure if each rp is different or if certain folks usually play certain feature characters on here.

AvestheForumFox:

--- Quote from: Kor,Nov 25 2007 on  12:50 AM --- (OOC: Do you prefer Feature characters over original characters?  Also for some folks coming after me, are any feature characters not in the valley yet, like Ruby, Chomper, ect ?   I'm also not sure if each rp is different or if certain folks usually play certain feature characters on here.
--- End quote ---
OOC: I'm sure its safe to say that all the original characters are in the valley. I'd encourage other people to bring in their own though to add a nice variety to the mix ^^ just a suggestion

Kor:
OOC: any feature characters you would prefer over others?  I could try Littlefoot, unless you'd rather have another one first.  Also I may bring in my OC I made for another rp, though since the group are not in the right place for her I haven't been able to rp her yet.  She's an adult rainbowface named MIM.  She's sorta like an ancient greek philosopher type of personality.

AvestheForumFox:

--- Quote from: Kor,Nov 25 2007 on  12:57 AM --- OOC: any feature characters you would prefer over others?  I could try Littlefoot, unless you'd rather have another one first.  Also I may bring in my OC I made for another rp, though since the group are not in the right place for her I haven't been able to rp her yet.  She's an adult rainbowface named MIM.  She's sorta like an ancient greek philosopher type of personality.
--- End quote ---
OOC: Whatever you feel comfterable with. The only thing I'd discourage is the use of some bizzare demigod character who destroys everything or ends the story plot though illogical heroics and what not. RP what you are comfterable rp'ing with ^_^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version