The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Prometheus

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Just saw this film today, and I really enjoyed it (though the experience was kind of marred by some annoying teenagers talking on their phones for the first 10 minutes). I thought it answered some questions from Alien nicely, and some parts, like the 'Abortion' scene were awesome :D Noomi Rapace and Micheal Fassbender were really good in it too.

What did you guys think of it?

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It was amazing. The effects were brilliant (let's hear a "hooah" for Ridley Scott) and the ending was good, leaving some room for speculation. I also thought the acting was top-notch.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As an avid fan of the Alien films(1-3 that is), I thought it was great.

The acting was solid and the characters were likable, it indeed answer some questions from Alien very well. I honestly enjoyed the ending(I won't spoil it, but if you're a fan of the Alien series, then you'll find it rather satisfying).

This was one of the few recent films, where I actually walked out of the theater feeling like it was well worth the show(the other time being The Amazing Spiderman).

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Loved this movie, I hope to see a sequel :D
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Indeed, this was a far better follow-up to Alien 1-3 than that crap known as Alien Resurrection.

metadude1234

• Banana Egg
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ssssh... we never speak of that movie... it is forbidden
facebook.com/venomwargreymon

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alien 3 is nothing but a terrible memory to me.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 17 2012 on  09:26 PM
Alien 3 is nothing but a terrible memory to me.
Really, I found Alien 3 to be terribly underrated. It was returned the series to the "One alien and hardly any weapons" formula that made the original film so terrifying.

Also, the film's themes were great as well. Alien 3 was about Redemption, Temptation and Sacrifice. Speaking that last one. The scene where Ripley sacrificed herself is undoubtably one of the most powerful scenes in the entire Alien saga.

If you want to see what I'm getting at, here's link to the Highlander review of the Alien Quadrilogy, the reviewer's feelings on the 3rd film are nearly indentical to mine:

http://davidmcmurdo.com/2012/07/12/alien-a...on-film-review/

Still, I respect your opinion