The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Initiate Question-Firing

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever been searching for a thing in your house, and after some time found it in a place where you started wondering how the heck had it ended up there? :huh:

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What will you do when you reach 1000 posts?

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Jansenov: Oy vey, yes actually just recently. I was searching for over a week for my thumbdrive and was going crazy worried about it - where had I left it? That drive had my stories, pictures to upload, my life is ruined! And then I was cleaning off my desk and lo and behold! There it was! And I might remember planting it there, but for the most part I don't remember WHY I put it there XDD

@Murmur: Most likely not realize it until someone points it out (by that time I will be on like 1020) and it'll be too late to celebrate^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Then I'll warn you when you reach 999. :)

What does Ozzy eat when he can't find any eggs?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Much obliged :yes

Ozzy runs out of eggs? Hehe, he'll throw a fury tantrum, of course
... and then sing a song
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Do you write fiction? Sorry if this has been asked before... :blink:

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes indeedy! And don't worry, hasn't been asked yet :)
While I may not be the most exemplary of authors, I have written quite a few fantasy themes rotating around the impossible :)
J. R. R. Tolkein

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Back with more questions, as promised! ;)

Here's a silly one I asked FlipperBoidSkua a while back; I thought it would be fun to hear another egg stealer fan's take on it:

What do you think would happen if Ozzy and Strut were unleashed on a present-day Easter celebration? :lol What would they think of chocolate eggs? And hard-boiled eggs, for that matter?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jul 16 2013 on  09:41 PM
Back with more questions, as promised! ;)

Here's a silly one I asked FlipperBoidSkua a while back; I thought it would be fun to hear another egg stealer fan's take on it:

What do you think would happen if Ozzy and Strut were unleashed on a present-day Easter celebration? :lol What would they think of chocolate eggs? And hard-boiled eggs, for that matter?
:wave  Well hello there :3

Hmm, that's a toughie. I'm guessing Strut would take a fancy to the chocolate eggs since they aren't really real eggs. I'm imagine Ozzy'd take a crack (literally) at the harboiled eggs and find they're so much neater than raw eggs.  None of that drippy yolk, thanks very much :DD
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What is your philosophy on life?

(Forgive me but I just had to ask  :smile )

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, seems you've been bitten by the philosophy bug as well!
I tell you, it's contagious! :smile

Well, my philosophy on life would include those golden oldies such as be yourself, stay true, etc. But for the most part, my philosophy is such:

Strive to be better every day; smile, because there is too much sadness; always look for a reason to be happy; remain true to family, friends; never, ever falter; if at first I don't succeed, pray and hope for another chance; when given that chance; through  my choices make a difference, and be inspiring; be a stronghold for others who need one; never, ever pass the opportunity to learn something new (however unpleasant). <-- quote from my grandfather, a wise man indeed :)

... now that I look at it, it may sound a bit bleak :p
I was more impressed with your answer^^
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,Sep 8 2013 on  01:46 PM

... now that I look at it, it may sound a bit bleak :p
I was more impressed with your answer^^

Actually, I rather liked your description of your philosophy on life.  Sometimes a simple, concise statement on a subject is better than a long-winded one (as I am very prone to give :smile).  

Ok, now I have to pester you with a question I have been asking others in the Ask Me section...

I think that it is obvious who your favorite LBT character is.   :)  But, who is your favorite member of the gang of five (or seven, if you count the TV series) and why?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, I'm just the opposite - I would rather have the wind and the words for a grand speech :)
but with my luck, I'd just dissolve into smiles and giggles :smile

Ohh, that's a toughie.
Well, from the original Gang, my favorite is Cera, and she has been my favorite for a long time. She and I are kinda similar; we're both stubborn, proud, and defensive, as well as constant and loyal.
I'm just not brave like her, and she's not as spontaneous cheerful as I am :lol

And since I am such an indecisive little bugger, from the TV series, my favorite is Ruby - I admire her for her patience and kindness, and for her willingness to help. She is ever-cheerful and friendly and just such a good dinosaur to have around.
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can definitely relate to your second answer, as Ruby is also my favorite character from the series.  This brings me to a related question:

What is your least liked and second-most least liked character from the Land Before Time series and why?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, don't think I have a least-liked character... I mean, I even like the bullies Hyp, Mutt and Nod to some extent. And I like the Yellowbellies.

I honestly can't say :lol
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction.  One of my hobbies whenever I have significant free time (which isn't very often) is to curl up and read a good novel.  So I was wondering, what are some of your favorite novels, short stories, or non-fiction books?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not such a fan of non-fiction (that or I haven't found a good one to like, lol)
Well, I enjoy the dual installment of Catherine Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland (long long titles, but worth the read, totally worth it)
I love the recent Audio Book I rented Codename Verity, a fictional account taking place during WWII. Brimming with twists and just beautifully written.
I mostly like humor/comedy in my stories, as well as fiction, preferably animal-centered or fantasy-centered, like Gail Carson Levine's works. And Spiderwick, too^^
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you have a favorite genre of music that you enjoy?  If so, what are some of your favorite songs/bands?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have several :3 If you sit me down in front of the radio I will listen to anything. Rock, Classical, Celtic, Hip-hop (well, some at least) Pop, Jazz, even Gregorian. I'm not really picky.
My favorite bands (composers) are:
Muse
Enya
Owl City
OneRepublic
The Killers
Classical Masters (lol)
Aaron Copland
Imagine Dragons

About the only thing I'm picky with is Rap but even then I still like Eminem and Rihanna and Jay-Z... but it will depend on my mood XDD
J. R. R. Tolkein

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Do you allow people to draw your characters (including Keirra) without your permission as long as they don't think your characters are theirs or do you have to ask permission for that?

(Yes, I know I'm 8 years too late.)