The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spiderman 3

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
I want to see it real bad!  I can't wait to see Venom and Sandman!  I heard someone say that Venom sucked but I'll wait until I see the movie before I form my opinion.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh! :wave Me! :wave  Me! :wave  Me! :wave  I love Venom!  He's my favorite comic villain! :yes He has a sense of humor and he is cunning and very clever!  I also heard that he sucked in the movie and although I haven't seen it, I'm afraid it may be true.  I saw a picture and Venom looked nothing like he did in the comics.  He looked more like Carnage only black.  I honestly can't wait until I get my hands on the game.  I had a chance to rent it but I want to see the movie first.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I saw it last Saturday and I did enjoy it.  :)
They didn't really manage to top the effects of the first two movies but those effects they did have were again amazing. One thing I realize is that there are hardly any true villains in the Spiderman movies if compared to the Marvel comics. While in the comics some characters are just evil for material gain (or for the sake of being evil) they included more complex, and even understandable motives in case of many spiderman movie villains.
I will not yet go into details of the plot to prevent any spoilers, but once you have seen it so nothing is left to be spoiled, I'm sure there are many interesting points to be discussed.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just saw it.  The ending was pretty sad though.  Anyway, I liked the movie and want to get it when it comes out on DVD.  Now to buy the game and play it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Was dragged, kicking and screamnig to it by my friends. I hated it as much as I hated the others. They may as well have just filmed a movie about the filmmakers gang-raping Spider-Man and saved themselves some money. It would have been just about as good as we wound up with.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What are the points you dislike so much as to call it a "rape of spiderman"? What should have been made better?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'Gang-rape' is not something that should be ever used to describe a movie...Unless it is "batman and Robin" in which case I was 'gangraped' out of 30 bucks (including snacks) to watch 4 increbily bad performances, including Arnold sinking to a new low..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought the movie was good, never really knew about sandman but whatever, Venom was in it and thats all that matters.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Why I disliked "Spider-Man":

1. I absolutely hate what they did with Spider-Man's character. They took everything about his personality that made him appealing in the first place? His sense of humor and his spunk are both gone (as its been for all of the films), leaving only the angst, which they maxed up to ridiculous levels all throughout the film.  

2. I absolutely refuse to accept TObey Maguire as the leading man in anything. He looks like he's part lizard, and he can't act. On top of that, there was nothing, absolutely nothing, appealing about his Spider-Man. He's also still too much of a whimp.

3. They build Harry's character up and we never even get one epic battle between him and Spidey. Just a couple of half-assed fights that my grandma could have filmed in a nursing home using Old Man Wiggins and Old Man Jones as the actors.
4. The actor who played Eddie Brock would have done a better Carnage.

5. Eddie Brock is a tough, pushy New Yorker, not some other Whimenstein, like the film's Parker.

6. The special effects were nothing special, considering the $500 million budget they ended up bracking up.

7. The "bad boy" they gave Parker while he was possessed by the symbiote was laughable.

8. The symbiote's travel to earth was ridiculous. They set up J. Jonah's son as an astronaut in the second film. It would have been much better if they'd had him go up into space, pick up the symbiote while exploring and researching, which would get loose in the shuttle. This would cause the shuttle to go out of the control when it attacked the pilots. This would force Spider-Man to have to rescue J.J., jr. and his co-pilot whent he shuttle crashes into the bridge of the river, which would cause him to come into contact with the blasted parasite. That would have been much easier to swallow in a film than a one in a trillion chance encounter during a meteor shower.

9. They should have held Venom back one more film, allowing Brock's character to build up more, or they should have intruduced him earlier in the series. With the way they did it, Venom never had a chance to truly shine as the complex character that he is in the comics.

10. Why even include Dr. Connors if you're never going to do anything with him?

11. I, somehow, felt no sympathy for the Sandman. Not only that, but they have had him be used in a governemnt experiment conducted by corrupt scientists who use convicted murders. Then just have him escape once he's "sanded". That would have been more plausible for a film that you're supposed to take seriously than just to have him "just be there at the absolute perfect moment, despite the chances being one in a billion".

12. The relationship problems reached such levels of sheer tedium that I wondered if the makers of "Days of Our Lives" had made the film.

Those are pretty much my feelings in a nutshell.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

8. The symbiote's travel to earth was ridiculous. They set up J. Jonah's son as an astronaut in the second film. It would have been much better if they'd had him go up into space, pick up the symbiote while exploring and researching, which would get loose in the shuttle. This would cause the shuttle to go out of the control when it attacked the pilots. This would force Spider-Man to have to rescue J.J., jr. and his co-pilot whent he shuttle crashes into the bridge of the river, which would cause him to come into contact with the blasted parasite. That would have been much easier to swallow in a film than a one in a trillion chance encounter during a meteor shower.

I think that is how they did it in the cartoon series back in the 90s.  Problem is, the movie was 2 1/2 hours long as it is and to add all that stuff would have taken too long.  But then again they could have just left Sand Man out.

10. Why even include Dr. Connors if you're never going to do anything with him?

I heard that the Lizard is in the game.

Yeah, I missed the jokes and stuff and there wasn't enough thug bashing.  And Venom was too small and wimpy.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The game and the movie are two different things. Like I said, "why even include Dr. Connors in the films if they're not going to do anything with his character"? Honestly, Pete could just analyzed the symbiote, himself. I suppose that if they're trying up events in "Spider-Man 4" by giving Doc Connors the sample in for him is use in his regeneration formula that ultimately seals his fate as The Lizard, then I can see the purpose of his early appearances in the films.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I should go see it. Two buddies of mine said it was awesome, but sadly with final exams this week it almost impossible to see it. :cry

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I saw it and I loved it, the best of the trilogy IMO. The ending was pretty sad, that I agree with. It had its humor moments, which was executed perfectly. A good mix of drama and action.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I saw it. It was so filled with action and drama it made my head hurt. :D