The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Return of the Lone Dinosaur

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I just watched it today and found it quite alright with Doc appearing again and it seem to fit his dislike to sharpteeth when he meets Chomper. Talk about Chomper being very afaird of a longneck such as Doc and it seems that Doc isn't a loner as we all thought he was. He has a lady friend longneck and surprised me to hear and over all with what I saw.

It was great to watch as always and like to see what up next. the two songs on it is Lone Dinosaur Reprise and Feeling Happy Littlefoot Style with a little Doc and the gang singing in it as well.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
A wife and a kid? Isn't that sort of strange for someone as old as Doc? I didn't know the episodes were on TV. What channel?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
A child?! I think that he's more than just a friend to that lady...

Wait... when you say "a little Doc" you mean a little bit of singing, not a child who looks like him...

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
well this sucks as ctn is not airing eps here so i dont get to see this one for a while i gues. Sounds like it was pretty good though.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
On the ending song "I Feel so Happy" Littlefoot sounded almost exactly like Chomper.  I ran a voice comparison test and found that there is an 86% chance that these are the same voices.  Do you believe what Doc said was true when he said "I don't know why you bother being friends with a sharptooth.  You are just going to have to fight him some day"?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
do not know but it seems that he said something in the episode about not having a child and wanted to show his lady friend, Littlefoot and his grandparents. As for the singing with CHomper and Littlefoot, I don't think they're the same voice, maybe a little simliar in pitch but not the same person.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 10 2007 on  12:31 AM
"I don't know why you bother being friends with a sharptooth.  You are just going to have to fight him some day."
Well...it seems like Doc is still the same Doc - no massive character change from before. That's good.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
On the ending song "I Feel so Happy" Littlefoot sounded almost exactly like Chomper. I ran a voice comparison test and found that there is an 86% chance that these are the same voices.

Forgive me if I sound a bit stupid asking this, but is there really a way to do a voice comparison test...besides listening to their voices?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes there is.  You shouldn't feel stupid if you don't know this.  There is a very expensive program out there I don't remember the name but I think it is called vomtech synthesizer or something very similat to that.  Anyway, the cheap way to run a voice comparison test is to simply look at the wavelenth and modualtion of the sound wave by disassembling the voice recording program that comes with windows xp (highly illegal!) and joining it together in a singular fasion so it will display things such as the sound wavelenth, frequency and modulation.  I will not disclose how to do this but I can tell you that it is very difficult to do and cannot be transferred to another computer without severe damage to the program.  I don't know why exactly but I assume it's because I cannot zip the program files with any archiving program availabe.  I assume this is because microsoft uses a encoding symbol that is unreadable to programs such as winzip and winrar.  Anyway, the FBI also uses a voice comparison program called Syntech Denotitizer and it is by far the best.  Unfortunately, it is unavialable to the general public.  I might be able to acquire it but it would be highly illegal and it's not worth it.  I guess I will stick to the program I reassembled to make my tests.  I would rather be dead than in jail.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Heheheh, thanks. I thought I was just going to get a response saying, "Of course you listen to their voices, silly." or something. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
They did a whole 180? spin to Doc's personality. The voice and his character have nothing to do with Doc from LBT 6. Also, the story of the lone dinosaur is poorly re-told.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Dwalin

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,May 25 2007 on  08:51 AM
sound like it was good.
Not so good, in my opinion. They pretty much ruined Doc's character. In LBT6 he told he was already too old to change his way of living, and what do have we here? He suddenly has a love story and wants to start a family. Why such a change of personality? IMHO, all these love stories are really getting annoying. They put them everywhere, in nearly every cartoon or film. Even characters who are old like Doc are not safe from that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know.  Can't they make even one show without some sort of love thing?

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ack, that isn't good at all! I haven't seen that episode yet. I might just because Doc's in it, no matter how much they apparently ruined his character. I like the TV series overall - anyway, not every episode can be as great as The Meadow of Jumping Waters.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Doc made a disturbing entrance... :huh: Why they let him fall in love?  That is so not right if he's suppose to be the Lone Dinosaur.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What really gets on my nerves is when Littlefoot tels the story from 6, I really hate the flashback they show. Would it really hurt that much to use footage of the real original thing from 6?  <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Concern of the makers of LBT perhaps of violating their own copyrights :lol

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think it would hurt, yes. The art style of the sixth movie and that of the television episodes differ greatly in terms of quality. It would be like writing a general story, then suddenly, on page seven, it gets super detailed then goes back to general. If you look at the movie and episodes, you'll see that they wouldn't blend together in a single showing. Also, if viewers saw the better quality of the movies, it could possibly cause a sense of indignation at why the episodes were not done the same way. When they are seperate, it is not so often thought about, but thrust movie and episode together at once, and it would be so obvious that it would make the episode quality really be looked down upon. It would be like putting a three-layer chocolate cake cooked by a famous chef and a little gas station cake on the same table and asking you to look at both. They just wouldn't go together.

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK, but it just felt like they were disregarding footage that already existed, and instead wasting money on new stuff.