The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of Two Brothers

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hello all! This is a recent fan fiction I've been working on. It takes place during the first movie, though is altered heavily, though the plot stays the same. I warn you that this scene has some character deaths mentioned. Also, one of the brothers is a fan character, while the other I got from another movie, cookies to whoever recognizes that character. :D
So, without further ado, I give you Journey of Two Brothers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Strangers in a Strange Land

I opened my eyes. And to my surprise, it was different. For once, one of Valens' twisted experiments worked. We were sent back in time. "Uh, my head." My twin brother, Owen groaned. I turned, and to my surprise, instead of my brother, a raptor was there.

Orange, with black stripes, the raptor was large, larger then a Deinonychus yet smaller then a Utahraptor. Maybe it was some new species. "Owen?" I asked. The raptor turned, and looked at me.

"Jack?" He asked. "You're...you're a T-Rex man!"

What?!

I tried to get up, but couldn't. So I rolled on my back, and got a good look at my arms. They were tiny, and clawed. Running over to the nearest puddle of water, I looked in. I was a freaking Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"Wow man. You okay?" Owen asked. I turned. "Are you? You seem to be taking being a raptor remarkably well." I commented. "What?! Me to?" Owen asked, looking down. Then he looked back up, his eyes wide.

"Jack, Valens actually succeeded at doing something."

I chuckled a little at the overly serious way my brother said that. "I wonder if we can change back." I commented. "Think human thoughts." Owen chuckled. I closed my eyes, and thought about being a human again.

"Holy shit!"

I opened my eyes. I was back in my human form. I then thought about being a T-Rex again. When I opened my eyes, I was back to my new form. "Wow." Owen breathed.

"You try." I said. Owen closed his eyes, and changed into his human self. My god, we could switch between forms.

"So Valens' twisted idea of injecting dinosaur DNA worked?" I asked. Valens always loved dinosaurs, and was always looking for a way to bring them back. His latest idea was to inject us with DNA, then using that DNA, he would clone them.

It didn't work, until he found a strange power circuit. Using that, he built a time machine. He sent us in to collect dinosaur eggs for research. But now I had other ideas.

"You know, this could be good for us. If we lived here instead of with Valens." I suggested. Owen thought for a second. "What about TV? And video games?" He asked. "We could go back, kill Valens, and take all his stuff over here. Including the portal generator. We could then come back here, and we all live happily ever after as kings of the world." I said the last part with a fake smile.

Owen shook his head in amusement. "Yeah, phase 123 of your plan to take over the world."

"Phase 122.5! That incident in Alaska doesn't count!"

After a little while, we returned. But Valens was nowhere to be seen. So, we took everything. His DNA sequencers, his laser weapons, his holo projectors. We took them all. That way his big pay day in Russia wouldn't happen. And hopefully, neither would World War III.

After moving everything into our world, including the substance replicator(which we would use for FOOD and WATER! WE'RE NOT DRUG ADDICTS!), we began to explore our world. After putting everything in a hypercube(pocket sized storage device that can hide a 100 foot tall, long, and wide amount of storage), we changed into our dinosaur forms, and began to explore.

The area we apparently moved to was desolate. Dry, leafless forests of broken trees and desert plains dominated the area. We could see some mountains in the distance, so we decided to head in that direction.

However, while we moved, I heard something. Crying. Soft sobbing, like a child who was lost. "Do you hear that?" Owen asked. I nodded. Did some other human enter this time before us?

We had to see. Shifting into our human forms, and grabbing laser rifles, we began heading towards the source of the sound.

We reached a clearing, and saw something depressing. A baby Apatosaurus was lying next to its mother. And judging by the wounds on her back, she had been killed. Most likely by a very large predator.

The baby looked up, and eyed us nervously. "It's okay kid, we're not going to hurt you." Owen said, holding up his hands to try and show he was friendly. "My mother, she won't get up."

We paused. We had suspected this when we first saw the little guy, but it seemed we were right. So dinosaurs could talk. If that was true, could all animals talk? I was interested in finding out.

"Please help me!"

We were snapped out of our thoughts, and moved over. I got out a vital signs reader, and checked it. Nothing. The Apatosaurus was dead. "I'm sorry kid. But..." I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"It's not fair! She should have known better! That was Sharptooth! It's all her fault."

"All whose fault?" Owen asked. "Mothers!"

I looked down. "It's okay kid, we know what you're going through." I sighed, sitting down next to him. "She said I needed to find the Great Valley, but I don't know where, or how...Why did I have to go so far from home?"

"Kid, don't worry, me and my brother will help you find this Valley." Owen assured him. "Really?"

I nodded. "Don't worry kid, you're safe with us." I vowed. "Thanks! Um, I'm Littlefoot."

"Jack Grady, and this is my brother Owen." I introduced.

Littlefoot looked at us strangely. "Human thing, just call us Jack and Owen." I said. "Oh, okay, thanks Jack! Thanks Owen!"

After a little movement through the forest, we came upon a forest. And in it, a small Saurolophus hatchling was swimming. "Hello!" She called. "Um, hi." I replied, with a slight smile.

"What is with baby dinosaurs being all alone around here, don't you guys have families?" Owen asked her. "Well, I am all alone." The Saurolophus said sadly. "I lost my family in the big earthshake."

So an earthquake happened which must have separated a number of baby dinosaurs from their families. "What happened?" I asked slowly. "Me and my family were playing in the water, and this earthshake suddenly began shaking. A crack opened, and my mommy and daddy fell in." She began to cry.

I looked down. This was to much. I guess that earthquake took its toll here. And someone needed to look out for the survivors. "You want to come with us? We're going to the Great Valley." Littlefoot offered.

"Yes! Oh I mean yes. I would like to go! I do. I do." The little one cried happily. "Okay, Littlefoot, where did your mom say we should go?" I asked. "She said to follow the great circle, past the rock that looks like a longneck, and past the mountains that burn." Littlefoot replied.

"Alright, let's go." Owen pointed to the mountains in the distance. Smoke was coming out of them. I guess we needed to go past that.

After a little further trekking, we stopped for some lunch. Littlefoot and the little hadrosaur, who we found out was named Ducky, tried to eat a tree. Me and Owen got out some sandwiches.

"WOW!" A squeaky voice cried. Apparently a little Pteranodon was perched on the leaves Littlefoot tried to eat, and when Littlefoot bit down, he pulled the Pteranodon with him.

He landed right on my head. I pulled him off my hair and set him down. "Who are you?" Ducky asked in interest. "Me name Petrie." The little Pteranodon said nervously. "Petrie huh? Funny name." Ducky commented.

"I-I flied?"

"No, you falled!" Ducky replied. "I fall?! Oh!"

"But you're a flyer, not a faller." Littlefoot pointed out. "Hard thing to fly." Petrie growled, and tried to flap his wings, but couldn't get more then a foot off the ground. "I guess it is, we can't do it." Littlefoot laughed.

"No we can't do that alright."

"You okay Petrie?" I asked. "NO! Me family flew off during earthshake and leave Petrie alone! Oh!" Petrie cried sadly. Me and Owen looked at eachother, and nodded.

"Well, if you want to stay with us, you're more then welcome to." Owen offered.

"Me can stay? Oh thank you! Petrie already like you!" Petrie declared, hugging my head.

I chuckled under my breath. Then something interesting happened. I heard a noise. A loud whimpering howl. Suddenly, my instincts told me to respond to it. "Stay here." I said.

"Hey Jack, what's wrong with your skin?" Littlefoot asked. I looked down. It was going green. Oh no.

Suddenly, I shot into the air twelve feet, and was the size of a full grown T-Rex. Great, apparently that triggered something in my subconscious. "Sh-sh-"

"Guys, it's okay, it's still me." I said turning around. I thought about being a human again. I was back to human form.

"You can become a sharptooth?" Littlefoot asked. I nodded sadly. "It was something this guy did to me that caused it. We can barely control it." I explained. "We?" Ducky asked.

"Yeah, Owen can become a raptor." I replied. I nodded. Owen turned into a raptor. "Wow." They breathed. "And you can switch back?"

We nodded. "You don't want to eat us do you?" Petrie asked nervously. We shook our heads. "We have this thing that can clone food, we just need to find some leaves for you guys, and we can feed you." I replied.

"Cool." They said. The howl shot out again, this time louder. "I'll be back." I said, shifting back into my dinosaur form and heading in the direction of the howl. When I got there, I saw a baby T-Rex wandering through the woods.

He was dark blue, with red eyes, and a white underbelly. He was only a foot long. He let out a howl again. "It's okay little guy." I said slowly. He turned and looked at me. Then he ran up to me and squeaked happily.

He seemed to be just an infant, barely a day or two old. He would be incapable of surviving on his own. I guess we had another member joining us. "Do you have a name little guy?" I asked.

He saw a dragon fly, and chomped into it. That was it! "How do you like Chomper?" I asked. The T-Rex now named Chomper cooed happily at that. I saw a fold of skin on the back of his neck, like a cat or dog's. I bent down, and picked him gently up.

He didn't make any noise or complaint, so I put him on my back, and began heading to the group.

"What was it?" Owen asked. I gestured to the tiny baby T-Rex on my back. "Wow, how many dinosaurs were in this area?" Owen asked. "There was a bunch of herds, including my parents and Ducky and Petrie's herds." Littlefoot replied.

"So there must be more kids out there alone." Owen surmised. "Yeah, we'll be on the lookout for them." I decided.

After a little while, we continued to move westward. "Hey, it's Cera!" Littlefoot called, pointing to a yellow Triceratops a little ways away. "Cera, it's me Littlefoot, do you want to..."

Littlefoot paused. Cera was crying. "Littlefoot, my parents...they're gone!"

I looked at Owen. Looks like we had another dinosaur in our group. "It was Sharptooth, he killed them!"

"What?! But Sharptooth fell into the big underground." Littlefoot protested. "He's alive, I was with my mom and dad, and he suddenly appeared. He killed my dad and attacked my mom. She told me to run."

"I can't believe it, that monster's still alive." Littlefoot growled. Chomper squeaked nervously. Apparently even this Sharptooth scared carnivores. "Don't worry, he won't harm any of you while I'm around." I vowed.

The kids looked at me. "I promise. I promised to take care of you. I will make sure I do that. If Sharptooth ever shows his face near us, I will make sure he can't harm you ever again."