The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do you play a musical instrument?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Recorder :D I can make any kind of melody without noticing :p

But no, nothing else.. I was too lazy to go to more lessons.. I hated to study and practise.. I guess.. It was really my laziness.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

• Spike
    • View Profile

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
I play...quite a few...don't feel like listing all of them again

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 19 2007 on  03:51 AM
most elemetary school "music" classes use recorders

Mine did.  I was the best recorder player in the class.  Mostly because my fingures were big enough to cover the holes!  I have always been bigger than everyone else.  In fifth grade, I was 5'9".
I never really read this but... We didn't have lessons on our primary school, I had lessons outside of school.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am currently learning how to play the piano.  

However, I can play the violin and drums (but not at the same time<joke>).

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll have to say no on that one,  B) cool if I get a whole on an Electric Keyboard.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah, shoot, I'm a lurker now, gone, but I still post now and then... Tonight is one of those nights, as I head off to bed...

Once in a while, when I'm in a mood, I stick a trumpet up to my lips... Inspired by Miles Davis; I would certainly like to try playing better at some point... If I ever get that kind of time again...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,Mar 28 2009 on  10:04 AM
Yeah, shoot, I'm a lurker now, gone, but I still post now and then... Tonight is one of those nights, as I head off to bed...

Once in a while, when I'm in a mood, I stick a trumpet up to my lips... Inspired by Miles Davis; I would certainly like to try playing better at some point... If I ever get that kind of time again...
You're not really a lurker NN. You stick around all the time replying to topics, could just as well say you're active again. Don't deny it.

I'm sure you'll be able to play your trumpet some more in the future :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 28 2009 on  12:12 AM
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,Mar 28 2009 on  10:04 AM

You're not really a lurker NN. You stick around all the time replying to topics, could just as well say you're active again. Don't deny it.

I'm sure you'll be able to play your trumpet some more in the future :)
Matter of fact, I've been playing it a little lately. Hitting the upper register sometimes causes my neck to hurt, though; I really should work on structure some more, instead of trying to see how high I can go... I'll need a 10 & 1/2 C mouthpiece, though, eventually...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I used to play the recorder and I now play the Trumpet.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Began playing an Ocarina! I finally got hold of one, and I'm raring to go!

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I can play the piano and trumpet myself. It's been quite some time since I've played either, though - at least two years, I think. Played the trumpet in school and when I was in cadets, but I don't have one anymore. Otherwise, I'd probably pick it back up and see what I could do with it. I do own an upright piano, but I can't keep it with me (at least until I get a permanent place of my own - those things are not easy to move, lol). Family's holding onto it for now.

inlerah

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i play so many things, but i manily play guitar. i taught myself how to plat but my parents are having me take lessons. everyone i have ever played for says i'm amazing. :)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I used to play the accordion when I was little, but I was only beginner. Then, I switched to the piano, which I wasn't very good at either.

But now, I play the alto saxophone. I'm in my school marching band. I can play both classical and jazz, and I'm second-chair in my school jazz band. In fact, I'm going to be performing If We Hold On Together on it in Henan.

Right now though, also trying to teach myself a little bit of recorder. I like how portable it is, and the fingering is fairly similar.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Every once in a blue moon I grab my synthesizer and play it. I used to get piano lessons, but my instructor got frustrated with me and that was that. I think I cursed in front of her or something, I don't remember.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I sure do! I play piano, guitar, (not very good at it though) and Alto Saxophone. I'm in my school's junior band and I'm one of the best players there! I used to take guitar lessons, but I was too busy and decided to quit. I also took piano lessons too. But I don't take lessons anymore.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I play the Acoustic guitar c: Very fun I also play the Recorder ( it's like a flute. lol )

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Yep, self-taught drums. Not amazing yet, but getting pretty good. It's apparently good enough to get me invited to drum for the school's glee club.

Here's is a good example of my work (warning. Once you listen to this song, it will never leave!)

My Drumming

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Since last time I posted in this thread I picked up the harmonica and (very recently) the tin whistle.