The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Drawings by RainbowFaceProtege :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Petrie and Guido are a great duo! Guido's face of regret, the bold font and the warm colors are befitting a motivational poster. Also, Petrie's pose as he likely pretends to be Pterano reminds me very much of this pic by @Flathead770 :)petrie

Great picture! It's probably one of those "moments before disaster" images given that the quivering Guido look like he can take no more. :rainbowwave

"Moment before disaster" was exactly my goal here. :lol Nice pic by Flathead there, too. I see the similarity in the pose!

Now, why would Guido do this for him? Their friendship is a rather unique one from the moment they first met each other. And we all know that Petrie is far too nice to push Guido into this... or is he? :opetrie Nice job with the drawing.

Considering how often Guido is Petrie's cheer squad, I figured he might lift up his friend in emphasis of how great he is. (Though now Guido's probably thinking, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...") :p

(Side note: everyone's calling this drawing a "poster," but it's actually on a piece of paper the size of a note card. It started as just a doodle I wasn't gonna do anything with, but it evolved out of my control!)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Oh, I almost forgot to ask! What's the story of the rainbowface fanart for your profile picture? When was it created and how long did it take? And btw, I really love how he's harnessing some mass of atomic energy in his claws.
:chompysmile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think the atomic thing is the Stone of Cold Fire. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Loving both pieces you posted here, Rainbow! Could I entice you to join Deviantart and our LBTFanclub? We could use more great artists like yourself!

One small point of feedback I'd offer for the first picture of the rainbowfaces, would be that there are probably more stars visible in the not-light-polluted dino world. But it's really just a small thing in another wise great picture.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, my profile pic!! It's actually part of a larger picture I drew several months ago that took me five days at least (and ate up more than one whole blue pencil in the process). The profile pic version is also blurred somewhat...I just liked how it looked. :rolleye

Thanks, Impractical--sorry, Sharptooth, it actually is an atom. I always liked that moment in "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" where he opens his hand and there's an atom spinning above it, so that's where that came from. I'll attach the whole pic here so you guys can see it!
Thank you, Mumbling, I'm glad you like my art! :)petrie Sorry to turn down your offer, though...I tried venturing into DeviantArt before, and it wasn't for me. There are plenty of great artists on there, but there's also plenty of...uh...questionable stuff, which eventually drove me to leave. I also found it annoying that the site was determined to bury my work in the search results since I wasn't a paying member, even when the art above mine wasn't as relevant.

One small point of feedback I'd offer for the first picture of the rainbowfaces, would be that there are probably more stars visible in the not-light-polluted dino world. But it's really just a small thing in another wise great picture.

Good point--the Milky Way probably would've been plain as day stretching across the dino world's night sky! Eep...I don't know if my art skills are up for the challenge, though. :confused
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:55:25 AM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
More rainbowfaces, there can't ever be enough of them. :p This style is already quite familiar from the other not-poster you did a while back, so it leads me to assume that this one is not a poster either. That being said, it looks very poster-like, therefore it is quite easy to confuse the two together.

The words, ''There's so much more to everything than anyone supposes'' is quite a good example of how little we as a human race truly know about the universe as a whole, and it was a rather clever trick to include that part in the song. You gain a new understanding of these words once you grow older. I have no critiques to say about the drawing, other than it being wonderful. Your style is pretty commendable. How long have you been doing art, exactly? :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
The blue and white palette works surprisingly well with the wonders of the stars, probably a reference to the ending scene with the night sky in LBT7? The wavy and rounded text also gives the entire piece a modern feel to it, no surprise considering the rainbowfaces.

I like how you made the male and female rainbowface visually distinct. :rainbowwave They are actually quite different in character. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh wow that's awesome! Great job with the colouring as well! That is indeed a lot of blue, but it certainly helps with the mysterious nature of the Rainbow Faces!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I am late to the party, I know. XD But I have to say all the art pieces you've shown are simply amazing! As someone who is also a fan of the Rainbowfaces from 7 I am "beyond" impressed.  :rainbowwave :rainbowwave

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
More rainbowfaces, there can't ever be enough of them. :p
That's right...they're invading!!! :rainbowwave :rainbowwave :rainbowwave

Just when you thought you had things figured out, now I'm gonna tell you this one actually is a 9x12 poster. :lol

I'm considering doing a series of Rainbow Face fanart with a different "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" verses on each picture, so putting all the pieces together would result in sort of a collage of the whole song. The words to this song definitely take on a deeper meaning as you grow up, and the same goes for so many other LBT songs, which makes me appreciate them even more that I used to!

I've been drawing fanart on a regular basis since 2016, though I'd done stuff here and there before that. It was when someone gifted me a very nice set of Prismacolor pencils that I really hit the ground running! :DD

The blue and white palette works surprisingly well with the wonders of the stars, probably a reference to the ending scene with the night sky in LBT7? The wavy and rounded text also gives the entire piece a modern feel to it, no surprise considering the rainbowfaces.

I like how you made the male and female rainbowface visually distinct. :rainbowwave They are actually quite different in character. :p

Yep, that was a scene that I was taking inspiration from here, along with that moment from "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" where the background fades to black and a glowing blue meteor shows up.

Thanks, one of my favorite things about the Rainbow Faces is their different personalities! Especially since they don't even have names, it would have been easy for the writers to make their personalities identical, but they didn't, and the result is a couple of characters who bounce off each other pretty well. I feel like one's more head and the other's more heart.

Oh wow that's awesome! Great job with the colouring as well! That is indeed a lot of blue, but it certainly helps with the mysterious nature of the Rainbow Faces!

Thanks, Flathead, I'm happy it seems to have been worth the sacrifice of some pencils. :DD

I am late to the party, I know. XD But I have to say all the art pieces you've shown are simply amazing! As someone who is also a fan of the Rainbowfaces from 7 I am "beyond" impressed.  :rainbowwave :rainbowwave

Thank you! :lol Hey, better late than never for sure!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You have a cute artstyle, keep it up :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
There's so much more to everything than anyone supposes.

Haha, easy for the rainbowfaces to say! They're the advanced species with all the technology and their ability to traverse different universes and planets. Not to mention, that's probably not even their real form! :p

I love the style you've imposed on the words "everything" and "supposes for rather nice emphasis and meaning. It's super wacky and adorable, just like the rainbowfaces you drew in this poster. The meteor and snowflake crystals next to them is pretty cool as well. Overall, excellent job protege! ;)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Awesome job! It's perfect!

(plus, I always like blue... :O)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry to turn down your offer, though...I tried venturing into DeviantArt before, and it wasn't for me. There are plenty of great artists on there, but there's also plenty of...uh...questionable stuff, which eventually drove me to leave. I also found it annoying that the site was determined to bury my work in the search results since I wasn't a paying member, even when the art above mine wasn't as relevant.

That's fair, no problem! I know what you mean with the questionable stuff and fully agree there. We try to keep our LBTFanart gallery as clean as possible, to make a great art collection that's a pleasant experience for everyone :yes

Me too! I love the colors used in that drawing! Also that font, wow! Great job being so consistent with the lettering and having a subtle fade effect in there. Amazing pencil work right there.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I've been drawing fanart on a regular basis since 2016, though I'd done stuff here and there before that. It was when someone gifted me a very nice set of Prismacolor pencils that I really hit the ground running!

So you've been doing this for a while now. That's great! Can't say I'm familiar with Prismacolor pencils, but they must be pretty useful.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You have a cute artstyle, keep it up :DD
Aww, thanks! :duckyhappy Will do!

There's so much more to everything than anyone supposes.

Haha, easy for the rainbowfaces to say! They're the advanced species with all the technology and their ability to traverse different universes and planets. Not to mention, that's probably not even their real form! :p

I love the style you've imposed on the words "everything" and "supposes for rather nice emphasis and meaning. It's super wacky and adorable, just like the rainbowfaces you drew in this poster. The meteor and snowflake crystals next to them is pretty cool as well. Overall, excellent job protege! ;)

Thank you!! :Mo I was really enjoying the lettering in this one!
Those were meant to be stars, not snowflakes, but as I was taking a picture of this drawing I thought they looked a lot like snow myself. :p Oh, well! If it ever annoys me enough, I'll just change it.

Awesome job! It's perfect!

Haha, glad to hear it! :smile

That's fair, no problem! I know what you mean with the questionable stuff and fully agree there. We try to keep our LBTFanart gallery as clean as possible, to make a great art collection that's a pleasant experience for everyone :yes
Thank you for understanding! :^^spike I knew some friends/artists that had gotten a successful experience out of DeviantArt, and I really wanted to like the site, but I just kept running into some pretty objectionable stuff even with the mature filter on. I really admire that you guys keep things clean around here for everyone to enjoy--thank you for putting forth that effort!
 :)littlefoot

Me too! I love the colors used in that drawing! Also that font, wow! Great job being so consistent with the lettering and having a subtle fade effect in there. Amazing pencil work right there.
Thanks so much! :chompysmile The font may have been my favorite part of making this drawing! It's kind of rare for me to use so much lettering in a drawing, but I'll have to start trying it more often.

I've been drawing fanart on a regular basis since 2016, though I'd done stuff here and there before that. It was when someone gifted me a very nice set of Prismacolor pencils that I really hit the ground running!

So you've been doing this for a while now. That's great! Can't say I'm familiar with Prismacolor pencils, but they must be pretty useful.

Yeah, they make it easy to create really vivid colors in a drawing...I went from Crayola colored pencils to Prismas and was mind-blown by the difference. :wow

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Prismacolour is like... top-notch for coloured pencils, no wonder the colours look amazing :^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Prismacolour is like... top-notch for coloured pencils, no wonder the colours look amazing :^^spike

I admit that I wouldn't be able to do half as well with different pencils...I've tried :confused

Anyway, back to some digital art: :Mo

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With those big eyes it makes it look like an adorable baby Mo!  :Mo