The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera Goes FULL BLUTH! ► My First LBT Parody (Fan Animation)

:duckyhappy The Land Before Time... BUT, Cera goes FULL BLUTH! ;)Cera

Here's my first attempt at a Land Before Time parody! (Animated in Blender and Flash)

It's a silly idea I had to parody Don Bluth's (awesome) signature style.

"The Land Before Time... BUT, Cera goes FULL BLUTH!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WobkAnaCmB4

I hope it turned out OK! Please tell me what you think :D (You can be honest, I've made political memes in the past, so my skin is dino-thick :lol:)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:36:34 PM by TheMarineIguana Studios »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey awesome! Animation is really hard and these 3D models look better than anything Universal has ever provided, haha. It might just be the lighting, but it seems like Cera's eyes are blue here while I think in canon she has green eyes, but that's just nitpicking ;) The light-up effect in the eyes is glorious though hahaha.

Hey awesome! Animation is really hard and these 3D models look better than anything Universal has ever provided, haha. It might just be the lighting, but it seems like Cera's eyes are blue here while I think in canon she has green eyes, but that's just nitpicking ;) The light-up effect in the eyes is glorious though hahaha.

Thank you so much for the kind words!  :D

You're suspicions are right, the eye situation was a lighting oversight :lol: I actually chose a slate green color for Cera's eyes, but I used a "pseudo-shading" technique to give shadows a bluish tinge, so I think I inadvertently pushed the eyes into blue territory (especially noticeable on her closeup).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeaaah I figured something like that (as it also looked greenish at times haha). Very nice regardless! Do you animate for a living or just as a hobby?

We had a 2D animator here who once wanted to animate the deleted scenes. Would still be wonderful to see that come to life one day ^^

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Very cool  ;)Cera I think you got the Bluthisms down

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Do you animate for a living or just as a hobby?

It started as a hobby, but I've also been doing freelancing for a couple years now. I finally took the leap and started learning 3D last year.

We had a 2D animator here who once wanted to animate the deleted scenes. Would still be wonderful to see that come to life one day ^^

It would be brilliant to see someone take on that task someday. The extended Sharptooth sequence is the one I think I would really want to see.

BTW, if anyone is interested in using the 3D models, I've attached the zipped Blender 2.79b files! (CC0 license) :)

Very cool  ;)Cera I think you got the Bluthisms down

Thanks!  :littlefoot:)

I think I covered The Secret of NIMH, An American Tail, TLBT, and Titan A.E.