The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What’s your favorite decade(s) of music?

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Simple, basically we discuss what our favorite decade(s) of music is and why.

My favorites are the 80s and 90s, because it had better pop music that’s easy to listen to, unlike today’s generation of pop music (seriously, a local radio station plays the same song almost every day.  That’s how I pretty much got annoyed by today’s generation of pop music).

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm a big oldies fan. Pretty much anything from the 50s to the 80s for me.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
1960s hands down, though I enjoy 70s-80s music a good deal. A new interest of mine has been 40s/50s folk songs  :chomper

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
80s, 90s, and 2000's. There's still good music to be found in the 2010's for sure, but in general those three decades have the most amount of good music imo.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.

The Doors
Queen
Creed
etc.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. I think that the 1980's and 1990's were the best for pop music.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's. I think that the 1980's and 1990's were the best for pop music.
Glad to see some 40s appreciation in there  :spikeblush

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My favorite decade of music has to be the 80s. Madonna, Prince, Janet Jackson. The reverb (or echo) of music from the 80s I’ve always found to be absolutely breathtaking. I also love the movies that came out in the 80s.

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
The 1990's and the 2000's, when Rock and Metal music was at it's peak in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 01:00:02 AM by LittleDas75 »

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
Being objective I think the 80s had the highest level of good music (Queen, Micheal Jackson, the Police, Metallica, all manner of genre variety...). But I grew up with the 2000s decade so that's where I made most of my musical memories, and the 2010s have some of my all-time favorite songs ("Love Somebody" by Maroon 5, "I Love It" by Icona Pop and "Lose You to Love Me" by Selena Gomez).
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For me 90’s and 2000’s.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
My favorite decade of music has to be the 80s. Madonna, Prince, Janet Jackson. The reverb (or echo) of music from the 80s I’ve always found to be absolutely breathtaking. I also love the movies that came out in the 80s.

Given your username I expected you to say the 60s, with Credence Clearwater Revival :P

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't like the 60s music on principle just because my dad plays the same stuff over and over again. In addition to basically a bunch of white hippies stealing from black artists and other poc back then. I mean, white Americans have been stealing culture from black people ever since the first African came to the States but still.

Early 2000s music, as oversaturated it is, I have nostalgia for it, especially Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Destiny's Child, and Evanescence. Older generations grew up with 2pac, Biggie Smalls and Madonna, those were the people I grew up with. So I guess it's the early 2000s for me, again as flawed as it is.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For me 90-2000’s cuz
Creed/ Scott Stapp
Skillet
Kutless
RED

A great time for alternative and rock/metal.