The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

SRFG's fanart

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
You always seem to amaze me.

I nearly choked from laughter after I saw this. Rhett is truly a funny character, and is often used for jokes. I like that.  I can clearly see who's who.  You definitely nailed their personalities.

The water is SO well done! I look up to you now. tEaCh mE yOuR waYs
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
How have I missed so much here?? All your art is awesome! Your OCs are very creative and fit with the LBT universe well, and the Rhett-verse is hilarious! :D

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Not me forgetting to respond for over 2 months. Thanks everyone. Glad you could all see their personalities shine through!

Anyhoo, here's my entry for the couple's prompt! And to the surprise of absolutely no-one, here's my favourite couple in LBT:

So the idea is that maybe after the kids found it during the big freeze, these two decide to go on a hot spring date every now and again (when they're not chasing after Littlefoot on one of his adventures :PLoofah). Speaking of, I could really do with a spa day.  :thinking

Tried drawing longnecks from memory after two months of drawing nothing instead of using references which was probably a bad idea but oh well. I've had a good break so hopefully it's now time for me to get into it again. Looking through my files I've got at least three bits of finished artwork I haven't yet uploaded, but it's part of a bunch of concept sketches of OC's/fanfic related stuff so I'll probably hold onto those until I've got a few other sketches tidied up and then make some kind of masterpost with them. I may or may not do something else before that though. We'll see. :p

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aww. I consider Granma and Grandpa as one of the best couple in cartoons. ^^

Good job!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey SRFG this looks great! I'm sure this is much needed relaxation from all the stress LF causes them (though them being at the hot spring means that the gang have probably used this opportunity to run off yet again  :bestsharptooth )

Well done!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks again all. As if it's been two months since I touched this thread. :lol Arting is happening in the background, but I'm just not finishing anything.  :p

So for this month's prompt of "How it should have happened" I have this... slightly unfinished piece. I mean it's fine, I was going to add more details, but I'm going on holiday tomorrow and won't have time to do anything else with it so here ya go. I attempted something a bit different anyhoo.

So this is LBT 14 but Shorty actually exists. I'm thinking maybe he could have filled in Etta's role. He stayed behind to try and help Bron but failed so he tried to get to the Great Valley to find Littlefoot and got lost in the caves. Littlefoot finds him after getting separated from his friends in the sandstorm and Shorty tells him about what happened at the Fire Mountain. Then everything with the rest of the gang plays out and Shorty leads them to Bron.

Let me remain bitter about the lack of adopted brother. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah, this is making me like Shorty even more..

Too bad he only has 1 movie and a episode.. that's only like, 115 minutes of screen time..

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow! This looks stunning! It's good to have you back making fanart! :olittlefoot

I definitely would have been nice to see more of Shorty. He should have, at least, made some sort of appearance in XIV.  :ShortyDisgusted

Also, is Littlefoot crying? It looks like he has a tear in his eye.  :lfsadface
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 07:53:49 PM by Rattymon »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good art!
I can feel how shorty is sad, maybe even angered about himself he got lost and couldn't find and help Bron.

Yes! Shorty should not be forgotten!  :ShortyDisgusted
For me, Etta was TOO good, so I don't want her be replaced with Shorty completely, but ultimately, Shorty should appear in some part.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Nice to see more art from you! Even unfinished this painting is gorgious, backgrounds and all!

Yeah, wish Shorty had more apperances. To piggy back on Sneak's comment, I like Etta too much to be replaced, but I think it would do better if he was in this scene instead of her...

Still can't get over how cool this looks! Unfortunaly I won't be able to make an entry for this one, I'll have to inform the fanart disscusion thread real quick, but nice work!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww Shorty <3 This is a lovely piece. For it being "unfinished" I think it's absolutely amazing!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I mean it should be considered finished haha, I'm just nitpicky as anything when it comes to my stuff.  :lol I've been trying out this more painted look with a couple of other pieces I'll eventually upload. I also have another Shorty sketch I should work on at some point. So much to work on...

I agree with not getting rid of Etta completely. I liked her and all, I just like Shorty more. Maybe she could take Wild Arms' place (although I do have a soft spot for him as well).  :p

Also, is Littlefoot crying? It looks like he has a tear in his eye.  :lfsadface

Yeah, I gotta make it as sad as possible.  :bestsharptooth

Thanks all!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Very nice! I like the concept and it makes sense in the story for Shorty to replace either Etta or Wildarms. I know a lot of people are a little upset about the absence of Shorty, but I suppose I'm a lot less concerned with the matter? For a sequel to come out after 9 years and to already have a premise that relies on a decent amount of previous continuity that they actually have to explain plot in the intro as a setup, I think having Shorty in the movie would've required a lot more explaining to do, otherwise people would be confused as to how they know each other. Then again they kinda just gloss over Ruby and Chomper for anyone who hadn't seen the TV series (a couple of my friends that I watched the movie with for example) so who the heck really knows  :bestsharptooth

Back to the drawing itself though, I really like the background with the cave transitioning into darkness! I think maybe adding a small amount of highlights in the dark section where part of the rocks are still reflecting light would add a lot to it, but then again that would probably add a whole lot of extra time to the drawing  :PLoofah Littlefoot and Shorty both look good in the drawing as well!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
"So... how last minute are you putting in a fanart prompt entry?"

"Yes."

Honestly with the amount of stuff I've had to deal with over the last two months I thought I wasn't going to make it with this one, even though this was probably one of the prompts I was most looking forward to doing. I thought it would be a good opportunity to go back to what was probably my first bit of LBT fanart. It's Throwback Thursday after all!

I mean... this probably doesn't come as a surprise. :lol I have no idea why but I imagine that Grandma was a bit of a sass queen in her youth and Grandpa was a bit of a dork who just didn't know how to deal with it.  :p

'Tis a bit rushed but I'm just glad I managed to get something in on time. I need to get back into doing art on a more regular basis but hopefully this will be a start. Could probably do with a bit more practice before the fight scene prompt.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aww, they both look so adorable! ^^

huh, I like sassy Grandma and silly Grandpa.  :ChomperPOG
Grandma reminds Cera so much here.  :cerasmug
And I see Granpa used his goofy guilty grin in old days too.  :rhett_smile

Nice job!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 07:10:54 PM by Sneak »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey not bad for an any% fanart prompt speedrun  :bestsharptooth

That grin is done really well! Nice job with this given the time!

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah. I'm kinda late for dis too. But OH MY GOSH!! Them!!

Lol, grandma's expression is so perfect. Yep, I can see her being a sassy girl in her younger days.

Love da colors and all of it is just. .cxhdhhdiehdjdh your amazing!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile