The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask shaiger anything!

shaiger · 16 · 1261

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Might give this a try as well. So, feel free to ask me anything!  :Mo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:23:32 PM by shaiger »

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Been wondering when you were gonna do one of these.

How long have you been drawing digitally? What other shows are you into?
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Been wondering when you were gonna do one of these.

How long have you been drawing digitally? What other shows are you into?

Well, even as a kid I used to draw on MS Paint in the late 90's, but I'd say digial drawing became a Thing for me in 2003-2004. My dad had gotten a Photoshop license from a friend and he thought my sister and I would like to use it for drawing :') But when I got my first drawing tablet in 2007, I started to feel like a real digital artist!

As for shows, I assume you mean TV? Some of my favorites include Pose, Fargo (season 2 is my favorite), Deadwood, Better Call Saul, Mindhunter, Squid Game, Chernobyl, Dorohedoro, Paranoia Agent, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and Batman The Animated Series.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
As for shows, I assume you mean TV? Some of my favorites include Pose, Fargo (season 2 is my favorite), Deadwood, Better Call Saul, Mindhunter, Squid Game, Chernobyl, Dorohedoro, Paranoia Agent, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and Batman The Animated Series.
Loving your choice of shows, some of these are my favourites too  :DD

Do you have any favourite video games?

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Loving your choice of shows, some of these are my favourites too  :DD

Do you have any favourite video games?

Thank you kindly! Also stupid me forgot to add my favorite Transformers show which is Transformers Animated. I have rewatched that at least 15 times lol (and close second favorite is TF Headmasters).

I have a bunch of favorites, but some of my all-time favorites that I like to replay every now and then are MediEvil, Red Dead Redemption, Okami, Crash Team Racing, original Spyro trilogy, Batman Arkham games and Mass Effect games. Lately I've been playing Overwatch and Path of Titans.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
also, ya got a job? What careers would you want to go into.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
also, ya got a job? What careers would you want to go into.

Currently I'm unemployed but I do freelance work, mostly commissioned illustrations for personal use. I used to work as a storyboard artist in a small animation company, and I quite enjoyed my time there. Despite it, I've noticed that I can't make a full-time job out of my hobbies/things I like to do on my freetime, because it will drain the fun out of them. That's why animating ( = drawing) wasn't the right career for me. I've considered career paths as a web designer, painter/decorator, carpenter or a restorer, because they seem easy for me to learn with my current skillset and still enjoy my work but keep it separate from my hobbies, if that makes any sense : D.

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Do you like water coloured animation?

It's very pretty to look at but I suck at it myself haha :'D

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't know if I can give an interesting answer other than "I love it", or else I'll be here talking to myself about it for three hours haha.
I think it benefits both animation and live-action if done correctly, but generally it has a bad habit of getting out-dated fast. Also, considering (mainly western) animation, I'm not a huge fan of the standard industry style (think of Frozen, Rio, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, etc.) but there are movies and shows that really live up to computer generated 3D animation's full potential. Arcane: League of Legends and Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse come to mind. As for live-action, I usually prefer practical effects, but CGI can be executed beautifully. One of my favorite movies CGI-wise is District 9. By now it's an old movie but it still looks more fresh than some of the other films from that era.

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Favourite place to visit in Finland?

I really love Tampere. It's a very beautiful city, has some great flea-markets and some shops we don't have in Turku, and my sister lives in there ^^ And there is no cold wind coming from the sea since Tampere is an in-land city.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

shaiger

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Have you ever seen the Northern Lights?

Yes I have! They're more common and prominent up North, especially during the winter, but these past few years I've seen them twice. They're hard to photograph, tho  :p