The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Do you listien to audiobooks?

caspyartist

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
So, recently I've been downloading a bunch of old audiobooks that I used to listen to as a kid. My favourite were the Harry Potter books that were narrated by Stephen Fry. As I'm typing this, I'm currently listening to the Redwall books (first book at chapter 13).

Now I'm wondering if anyone else listens to audiobooks? Feel free to drop your favourites and/or recommendations!  :)petrie

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah! The Harry Potter books by Stephen Fry are amazing. I think he also did 1984 which was great.

I listen to audio books all the time when commuting. They feel like a good use of that time. It's been my go-to way to "read" books for the past few years. There have only been a number of occasions where I didn't like how the voice actor sounded.

I'm currently listening to the Bobiverse books again :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep, I listen to audiobooks on occasion.  Some of my favorites include Dune by Frank Herbert (for which the audiobook includes multiple talented readers for the different characters), the Master and Margareta by Mikhail Bulgakov, and the original Uplift trilogy by David Brin. I also have enjoyed listening to several history books in the audio format, including the books of Mike Duncan.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Loire

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Your personal trustworthy crab, aargh!
    • View Profile
I recently last year started listening to audiobooks through Audible. My favorite book so far that I actually finished listening to was Lucky Man: a memoir of Michael J Fox written and read by him. He talks about his coping of PD (Parkinsons Disease) through his life of his personal and professional life. It's truly beautiful.

Other books i'm currently listening to are Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil Degrasse Tyson (read by him too) and another book written and read by Michael J Fox called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future.

Yeah listening to AudioBooks are a refreshing and effective way of spending your time when you are not able to sit down and read a book.