The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I think this "uncut version" obsession

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 25 2017 on  03:45 PM
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 25 2017 on  03:40 PM
Yes let's bombard him with emails until he tells us
No! Do not do that. They'll simply get annoyed and ignore you.
I was only kidding When I said that post. I'd never in my life do such a thing

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm still somewhat skeptical that the cut scenes will ever be released in full. It just seems unlikely to me somehow. But... then again, I probably would have said the same thing about the May 1987 script, or that All Dogs Go to Heaven scene, and lo and beyond.

A disclaimer that this is not meant as an attack on anyone. But, if I can address the original points made in this thread here, I don't feel that all the discussion about the uncut version is a bad thing. If anything, I think it's a testament to how much the majority of us here do appreciate the film as it is. After all, we wouldn't care about an uncut version if we all hated the film. :lol: Granted, there is often a feeling that an already great film could've been even more amazing if the deleted scenes were included. I feel similar about the Harry Potter films sometimes. As much as I love them, there was a lot of material from the books that got left out, material which I think would've made the films even better. But at the end of the day, it doesn't diminish the fact that I am a fan.

The other reason why I think discussion about the uncut version is fine is because it is simply a fascinating topic. While I would still love to see that missing footage, it does put me more at ease that we have the May 1987 script. If the uncut version itself is never released, then this is probably the next best thing. But at the end of the day, as I've said elsewhere on this forum, The Land Before Time is still my favourite animated film, so I can't complain too much.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The Uncut, Hidden Version is TLBT Holy Grail. I say let those on the queste continue to hope they may see it or at the very least the rays of footage. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
It would definitely be cool to see this extended version. Aside from the alternate ending, which I  think would have worked better, it doesn’t seem like the additional footage would effect the movie as it is too much, for better or worse, but it would still be nice to have actual deleted scenes. Most animated films don’t have fully animated deleted scenes, in fact I don’t know of any that do, save another Don Bluth film that had some scenes that were released for the first time several years ago.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It would definitely be cool to see this extended version. Aside from the alternate ending, which I  think would have worked better, it doesn’t seem like the additional footage would effect the movie as it is too much, for better or worse, but it would still be nice to have actual deleted scenes. Most animated films don’t have fully animated deleted scenes, in fact I don’t know of any that do, save another Don Bluth film that had some scenes that were released for the first time several years ago.
Yep. Alas, alas, it's a lot harder to make a Director's Cut of an animated film, because a lot more has to be done to... do it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
I mean there are cut scenes from the film online. Like the now well always be together ending and some others like ducky making faces and littlefoot crashing into the sharptooths foot. but I believe probably the reason why most of the scenes aren't or cant be released is because there mainly just storyboards.   
Still waiting for the bluth cut

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I mean there are cut scenes from the film online. Like the now well always be together ending and some others like ducky making faces and littlefoot crashing into the sharptooths foot. but I believe probably the reason why most of the scenes aren't or cant be released is because there mainly just storyboards.   
Many of them were animated, actually, not just storyboards. The only ones that probably weren't animated was the "Littlefoot and the Snake" scene as well as the Oasis scene.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Many of them were animated, actually, not just storyboards. The only ones that probably weren't animated was the "Littlefoot and the Snake" scene as well as the Oasis scene.

There aren’t a lot of animated films I’m aware of with deleted scenes that aren’t just storyboards. I remember looking through the special features on the DVD for “The Incredibles” since there were supposedly deleted scenes on it, and was disappointed that they were just black-and-white storyboards.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I know, Nick, I know. I just feel like this search is starting to crowd out the film, itself.

The unseen footage is the Holy Grail for some, so they quest for it. I personally have no passion for it. I enjoy the film we got.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith