The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Don Bluth's Films: Best to worst.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Anastasia would be my top choice because of Liz Callaway and her singing voice...when Bluth finally decided to do a musical, he actually got it right. :P:  If singing was not vital to the film, then it would be the Secret of NIMH because of the animation style.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
He got a lot of things he first tried right on the first try. Which goes to show what a horribly under-appreciated filmmaker he is these days.

The extent of his film successes in theaters were "The Land Before Time" and "An American Tail". That's just wrong. Granted, everything he did after that was sub-par compared to those two films, until "Anastasia" and "Titan A.E.", but still...
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There are "under-rateds" in every occupation.  I agree.....the former house of mouse worker knew how to get things done in the 80s and latter 90s.  They need to get better dvd releases for his 80s films....the MGM ones are terrible transfers...especially the NIMH and All Dogs ones.  :angry:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I actually don't mind the DVD released they have. Of course, I will probably say otherwise when the 'American Tail' gets its Special Features filled DVD release, then sells well, and LBT gets its.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I have to admit, DB re-released on DVD doesnt seem up with a lot of other DVDs available for purchase. I'm sure there are loads of special features that could be added and even if Bluth sold his stories on to different film companies, they would then have the rights to use the editted material. LBT in particular. With so much left on the cutting room floor, Universal could have easily whacked that all into a special features section on the Anniversary edition of #1. Or perhaps they still thought it would be too scary for kids to watch and decided it was a bad move. I dunno... :unsure:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't see how Bluth's animated films could scare kids in the computer age.  :lol: