The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Now that you've named your best...

Petrie · 84 · 13328

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
So what animated films should have never been made and why.

We're Back: A Dinosaurs Story  - Speilberg sure had a fascination with dinosaurs but I think he could've skipped this one.  For some reason I just never liked the way this was animated.  I know it most certainly wasn't supposed to be accurate (I suppose parades are fine) but I think the instance of bringing magic all around to make dinosaurs talk to humans went too far.

(Disney) Hunchback of Notre Dame - I saw it once--in theaters and have not watched it since.  I'd have to actually watch it again to remind me why I won't put it in but it had something to do with very bland characters.

The Rugrats Movie - just like Hunchback, saw it in theaters (guess I had nothing better to do) and won't even watch it again given the chance; I never liked this company's animation style--that's really what turns me off, plus those characters get annoying with all their screaming.

Garfield the Movie - at least the tv series was funny; I didn't find this funny...tried to but it didn't work.  Surprised Odie and Nermal weren't CG as well.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
1. The Lord of the Rings (1978) Directed by Ralph Baskshi(t).
Lazily-rotoscoped, inconsistent animation styles, inaccurate characterizations all around, terrible character designs (none of them looked the way they were described in the books), live-action people shot at high-contrast mixed in, and did I mention that he tells the story of BOTH "The Fellowship of the Ring" AND "The Two Towers" in one 2 1/2 hour movie? Oh, and they decided to call "Sarumon" "Arumon", but then would forget and sometimes call him "Sarumon" anyway.  :huh:
Need I say more?

2. Brother Bear (2003).
I'd go into it, but I'll need at least a whole page's worth to tell all. And, it was back in 2003 when I last saw it.

3. We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story (1993)
What Arvens said.

4. An American Tale: Fievel Goes West. (1991)
The fact that Spielberg was arrogant enough to think they could do a "American Tail" movie without Don Bluth and Gary Goldman says it all. The brilliance that John Cleese brings to the screen in his flamboyant and hilarious performance as the villain is this film's only redeeming quality. All I have to say is: What a waste of John Cleese.

5. Balto: Wolf Quest.
None of the original voices, a nonsensical plot, annoying songs,  new, annoying protagonist, and sub-par animation. AAAAAAAAAUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wr, don't forget James Stewart in his final film role. That was a redeeming quality, although both Cleese and Stewart were wasted in this film. It didn't have the same magic as the original. And the other two DTV sequels have been nothing special.
NIck
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, but just about any other voice actor could have brought Wiley Berp to life just as well.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:angry:  :x  :o Barbi and the Majic of Pegash*t.  The made us watch this crapola in school even the boys!  This is without doubt the gayest, dumbest, stupidest, freakiest, and funkiest stupid movie I have ever had the mispleasure to wittness.  AAAAAG!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You have a crual teachers.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
For what educational purposes do they show a Barbi movie at school?  :huh:
You have my sympathy I suppose though I don't want to overdo it. Having never actually seen a Barbi movie I can only guess what it must be like (and that guess sure wouldn't be anything I would want to see in reality). If I talked too much about something I've never seen I reckon it would put me on the same low level as those who slander LBT without having ever seen it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
There are movies about Barbie?  :unsure:  :blink:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That day, we had a substatute.  She didn't hand ut any of the work the teacher left for us.  I have no clue why she made us watchBarbi of all things.  I mean, it has no educational value whatsoever.  She was also mean.  She was, um, what is that technical term I'm looking for, um, a bitch.  (parden the use of dialog there.)  Hey, how can Barbi have so many jobs?  I mean, there is swim team barbi, Dentist barbi, you name it, they've got it.  Why don't they have a terrorist or suicide bomber barbi?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Because too much of the truth about Barbie would shine through if they did.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Regarding the fact that Barbie appears to have a million jobs:

Every fantasy series has its own "idea" of reality.  In LBT, the dinosaurs can speak human languages and have advanced brain capacity.  This is equally as believeable as Barbie being trained in Scuba diving and dentistry as far as I'm concerned.  It's the same basic idea in a different context.  It's simply the nature of fantasy.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I know of a lot of animated movies AND shows I don't like.  I don't rank the animations I hate like top 10 or stuff like that.  I just name them randomly.

1. Poke'mon (The show and the movies.  GOD FORBID!  I can't believe I was in to that suff way back when.)

2. Eight Crazy Nights (WTF is with the talking commercial logos?!)

3. Spongebob Squarepants (How stupid can they get?!)

4. Fairly Odd Parents (Feakin weak!  Bad animation, poor plot and everything.)

5. Jimmy Neutron (What's with the rocket with the open cab where Jimmy's large head could explode from decompression?!)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Once again I'm terribly sorry!   :slap  :slap  :slap  :slap  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  I just like to watch extremly violent Sci Fi movies insead of kid shows on Nickelodeon.  My sister is 12 years old and can't stop watching Nick and I get extremly sick of constantly watching Spongebob.  She also always has a death grip on the remote control.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So you'd rather watch say Inuyasha then Rugrats :P:  I feel your pain... :D
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So you'd rather watch say Inuyasha then Rugrats I feel your pain...
Having rarely watched "real" anime, I can't say for sure.  All I can say is, from what I've seen, I'm not much of a fan of it.  I just couldn't get into it.

As for my choices on "worst animated films"

- Cinderella 2.  Why? Honestly!
- Oliver and Company.  From day one, I wasn't impressed.
- The Lion King 2: Not terrible, but certainly not the same epic story and emotion of the original
- The Lion King 1 1/2.  Same reason, but more so.

and my #1 vote for "worst animated film"?

-Beavis and Butthead Do America....*shudder* - Never saw it, don't plan on it.

I actually haven't seen many animated films (or Any films, for that matter) recently, so not much is coming to mind.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
WTF is Disney cheapening all their classics with sequels?  Have they lost their minds?  What is wrong with them? :x  :cry2  :p  :blink:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lk2 was nowhere near the original, I agree. Didn't see C2, Cinderella stand on its own.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Tell me about it.  Some sequels I actually liked though.  Shrek 2, all the LBT sequels, I want to see Ice Age 2, Spider Man 3, and Pirates of the Carribean 2.  Spider Man 1 and 2 were great with 2 being the best.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Mewtwo was cool, Cyber.  :lol: (only if you watched the Japenese dub with English subtitles since the English audio dub gives the film an entirely different meaning)  -_-

I do agree with Disney sequels....its a cash cow, and shareholders like it so.....that's what they'll do....