The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Great Lake

Threehorn · 545 · 46288

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
A place that all swimmers knew about a long time back a place with islands of trees in a lake with water fresher then anything known to the dinosaur world, this place is soon forgotten by those that live in the Great Valley and their next generation of children not knowing the place of the Great Lake.

Morning broke and Ducky's mum wakens and looks at her children "Come on kids it a new day, the bright circle is already raising in the sky." Ducky's mum spoke softly

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Spike continues to snore away, in his usual deep sleep...

----------

Guan wakes up with a start when he was shoved awake.

"Wake up, lazy!" came a bright and happy voice.

Guan groans and looks over to see the smiling face of Donna, his youngest sister, who is only a little taller than Littlefoot.  "What do you want?  And how come you're not bothering Uncle Odon?"

"'Cause he's already awake, silly!  And he said we can play today!  You don't want to spend the only break we have before we have to train again sleeping, do you?"

Guan groans again.  He wants to rest as much as he can because of his tiring training, but he promised Littlefoot and the others he'd come and play once he gets a break.  And because of his spikethumb heritage, he won't break a promise.  He gets up slowly, stretching his back, legs, and tail.  He looks down at Donna.  "Let's get a drink and something to eat first, then we all go find the others."  He then leads Donna to the river, where he finds his other little sister, Goanna, having her morning drink.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ali Shook herself awake, peering out over the valley. It never ceased to amaze her that THIS was her home and that she would never have to wander again. She noticed a group of dinosaurs gathering near the pool. She stretched and got up and began to walk over to them.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In the group was a swimmer named Zila with his only son Turio. "We travel far son, I think we could stay here for a time before going on the final leg of our journey"

"Yes father. I am glad we staying" Turio replied around Ducky's age and size. "Like to see the river, can I go?"

"Not without me son, this place might be nice but it has it dangours as well as the outside world of this valley. stay please" Zila replied

"Of couse father. I do not want to disappoint you" Turio nods and drinks some water.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't want to go in!" cried Donna, crossly.

"You have to," replied Guan.  "You have to take a bath before I let you play!  Do you want to look dirty in front of the other kids?  Besides, I won't let Goanna dunk you again."

Donna looks at her older sister, only a head shorter than Guan, paddling in the water.  She's still hesitant, but then moves slowly into the water, not keeping her eyes off Goanna.

Guan continues to watch before he himself gets into the river.  The trio takes their baths just in time before Ali shows up.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zila walks with his son looking around and he notice children near a waterpool with one of them looking a lot order then the rest "How about we visit those kids over there maybe they will let you join them and have fun" Zila asked his son.

"Yes please! Father! can we! please! please please please!" Turio clapped with join.

"With that face I can't say no" Zila joked with a laugh walking over to the Spikethumbs "How they are a friendly bunch... last lot was so moody" Zila thought to himself.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Donna was enjoying a ride on Guan's back in the water when she notices two duckbills coming towards them.  "Guan look!  Two new swimmers!  Let's go say hi to them."  She dives back into the water and paddles her way back up to shore.

"Don't go too far..." Guan began, but is pushed playfully by Goanna, dunking him underwater.  Guan uses his strength and pushes Goanna off him, Goanna landing in a deeper section of the pool and later resurfacing with a laugh.  Guan steps out of the pool and shakes himself dry, watching as Donna reaches the two swimmers.

"Hiya!" Donna piped, still dripping wet.  "Welcome to the Great Valley!  I'm Donna.  Wanna play?"

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hi! I am Turio" Turio smiled then looked up at his dad "Can I?"

"Looks like she beat me to the punchline" Zila laughed "Sure, just don't go to far. your my only son remember"

"Yeah I know Father. I am very Important to you" Turio said

"Yes you are son, now go and have fun" Zila smiled walking past to the water hole looking at Guan. "I'm Zila, me and my son just arrived from a long journey from far lands. we not even reached where we going" Zila said to him calm and pleasent

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Honored to meet you, Zila," Guan replied.  "I'm Guan, and my two sisters are Donna and Goanna.  We ourselves came here a while ago with my uncle, Odon.  Where have you been heading to?"

While Guan talked with Zila, Donna leads Turio to the water pool and dives in, resurfacing a moment later.  She turns her head over to Goanna.  "This is Turio!  He's new to the Valley, so you better not dunk him!"

"Fine," was Goanna's reply.  "Hi Turio!  The water's great!"

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well we going to the Great Lake. All swimmers travel there every so long. It the larest lake then any lake in the world. freshest water ever. My grandparents told me of the place that it for the swimmers to go to on the Blue moon. the only place to see the night circle blue three nights running for every so long... it time I believe is near so I am taking my son there" Zila said to Guan

"I love Water. I am a fast swimmer!" Turio clapped his hands.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Guan raises his eyebrows.  "Wow.  I never heard of the place, but I do know some other duckbills that live here that may have heard of the place too.  I wonder if they woke up already..."

"Let's have a water race!" cheered Donna.

The sisters swim to the side of the pool where Turio stands.

"Wait a minute," said Goanna.  "Why not wait at least until some of the others come.  It's about time Ducky faces a real swimming challenge here."

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ducky? is that another swimmer?" Turio asked them after he jumped in

Zila almost looked annoyed when Guan said Duckbill but he choice to calm down and tell Guan. "Duckbills! erm... no need to be rude but that to swimmers in this valley might be fine by it but swimmers like me outside this valley find Duckbills... well offensive... we like the name Swimmers... it what we do best." Zila told Guan calmly trying to get across that swimmers don't like that name much.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Guan takes all of this to notice.  "Oops...  Sorry about that.  We've been hearing the name around here alot when we got here, so we kind of got stuck to it.  We truly never met any swimmers before we came here."

"Yep," replied Donna to Tulio.  "She's one of the fastest swimmers in the Great Valley!"

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It's fine, your the first spikethumbs I've met that not stuck up and very rude to others... I came across some about a few times ago... just wanted to talk and all I got was abusive words thrown at me and my son." Zila said "But that the past. You've seem very nice. Do you have any family near by? you seem a bit young to be alone with your two sisters. if you don't mind me asking" Zila asked.

"Wow really? I would like to race her then" Turio was happy to hear it.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"All we have left for family is our Uncle Odon," Guan answered.  "We...lost our parents long ago.  So now our uncle takes care of us.  I think he may be talking with one of the other adults not far away.  Just about everyone here is nice...except for maybe one or two, but they're totally harmless."

"We have to wait until she arrives," Donna replied.  "She may still be asleep."

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I see... Well it only me and my son. we travelling with some far landers till here then when we move on we will be travelling I think alone for a time... just hope the risk of attacks is small" Zila looked a bit concerned on the travel plans for the rest of the way.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"A said in one of our spikethumb sayings," Guan quoted, "'Expect nothing, and be prepared for anything and everything.'  This means that danger will always be expected, and the Mysterious Beyond is full of such danger.  Unless you are well-prepared for all the sharpteeth out there, it would not be a good idea for you and your son to go off alone."  He pauses, thinking.  "I wonder if the swimmers here could join you, since all the swimmers go to the Great Lake often, as you said so yourself.  It's always good to travel in bigger numbers."

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes I could... thank you, I might a little later. for now I'll just watch my son... I don't know how save this valley is I am not taking much a chance..." Zila said watching Turio having fun with Guan's sisters.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Same meaning with the spikethumb saying," agreed Guan.  "There some dangerous places even in the Great Valley.  That's why we all watch out for each other."

"While we wait for Ducky and the others," Donna started, "let's practice with our diving skills."

"Not you, little sister," Goanna said, stern.  "You need to get the hang of swimming distances.  Uncle Odon says you have to learn how to swim far before you swim deep."

"Fine..." Donna looks back at Tulio.  "I'll be swimming around the edge of the pool for a while.  Wanna come?"

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yeah alright!" Turio goes with Donna "Like to come?" he asked Goanna

"Great Valley? I heard of the Great Valley from many travellers as I walked with Turio to here, so this is the magical peaceful place... it amazing" Zila said looking around from where he stood.