The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT: What do you use it for?

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
When at home, my snake and my bed are my comfy things. Snakes to me are tropical fish to some of you.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
if LBT wasn't here but in a strange universe where they prefer kitties, then was my head so...so...empty,

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Land Before Time is one of those franchises that really shaped my thoughts on characters, writing and developing mannerisms similar to them. I was echolalic when I was younger, so I would repeat the lines over and over in casual conversation.

(Ex: Instead of swearing when I got hurt or was upset about something, I would say "Oh bother", like Winnie the Pooh)

And once Pterano came into the picture...oh man...that was an excuse to let the gates flood open with all sorts of creativity for ideas to create new stories, even write original ones. Heck, I even wanted to send one of my stories to Universal to use as a posdible sequel idea.

To this day, my type of character I get the most attatched to are ego driven characters with hidden insecurities and are DRAMATIC AF, just the Most. They're usually unintentionally funny or deadpan snarkers. (Ex: 91!Darkwing) They don't necessarily have to evil, although I have favorites that are villains. (i.e. Vlad from Danny Phantom)

So...is Land Before Time a securit blanket for me? No, not anymore. But it is an important canon that encouraged my creativity and made me...human.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I think The Land Before Time was a comfort thing for me, as well as something that helped me get the creative juices going. Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were almost certainly comfort characters for me going through my teenage years. I still love them now but I feel like I don't need to cling onto them in that way anymore since my head is in a much better place than it was back then. LBT when I was a teenager brought me back to better days when I was a carefree child, watching the LBT films on an endless loop.

Now it's a reminder of the light both the films and the GoF shone on a dark time in my life. I was growing up, confused about things around me, felt like I was going a lot slower than my peers, and my relationship with several close family members was pretty strained but the GoF and its members were there to support me, and the films brought a lot of joy. I don't need it for comfort anymore but I still like dinosaurs and it's still a good creative outlet for me. It's certainly helping me get back into art which is something I was wanting to do for ages, but couldn't find motivation for.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
LBT has always been a source of nostalgia for me. It was one of the tenets of my childhood, and it's something I always love to look back on whenever I reminisce about my childhood. And yes, it can also be a source of comfort for me, whenever I feel like adulthood is being too harsh on me and I want to think about simpler times.

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
I use it to take me back to a simpler time in my life and shut my brain off for a few hours or so.
Still waiting for the bluth cut