The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1782 · 122481

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In a few hours, I'll be watching "WW2 from Space" on H2. I've already seen it before on the History Channel, but I find the concept interesting enough that I'd like to watch it again.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"The Party of No - Inside the US government shutdown" by Journeyman Pictures

A rather topical documentary about the influence of the Tea Party caucus on the Republican Party and the resulting inability to effectively carry out the functions of government.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last night, I watched Gold Fever (a four-hour miniseries about the California Gold Rush of 1848-1850) on the Discovery Channel. Quite a lot of interesting history. What impressed me the most was in the final half-hour of the entire series. One miner had been having no luck at all for a long time; he was digging a grave for his friend, who had just committed suicide, when he discovered a massive rock of solid gold (worth about three million dollars at today's prices). Now there's a story I'd like to know more about.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Goebbels Experiment

In this film the actor Kenneth Branagh reads pages of the diary kept by the Nazi chief of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels.  Upon first hearing that description, you might think that this would be a rather poor idea for a film, but you would be wrong.  By hearing the man's inner thoughts while being exposed to visuals from the times in question, you get to take a fascinating look at his inner demons, psychological quirks, and human (er.. inhuman) qualities.  The film paints a fascinating and disturbing picture of this man's slow march from an early admirer of Hitler, to becoming the propaganda chief of one of history's most evil regimes, to his tragic end in the F¸hrerbunker.  All in all, despite being just a voice-over with historical film as the visuals, it is easily one of the most psychologically disturbing films that I have watched this year.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Repo! The Genetic Opera

For the Halloween Marathon I am having. It's definitely a personal favorite. Sarah Brightman's and Paul Sorvino's performances always give me chills.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am about to watch the film 'How to Be a Serial Killer' on Netflix.  I don't know what the fact that both it and the Land Before Time II are on my Netflix recommended list says about me.  :unsure:

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Silver Linings Playbook. Well, not yet. When I get off the internet, I am.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am about to rewatch Dredd.  Although it was not a hit at the box office, I feel that it was quite a well-made film that was much truer to the source material than the 1990s monstrosity, Judge Dredd.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Steven Universe

I'm intrigued by the diversity of the main characters (or as diverse as main characters are in children's shows these days) and how it's going to progress.

Uncle Grandpa

Yeah...I know. Honestly I'm more amused that I know most of these VAs. Most of these episodes are on par with the worst Spongebob episodes. There were a few episodes I thought were okay, as he was helping kids facing their fears/troubles head on (even if it was unconventional) and I like the deadpan Mr. Gus, he coo.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Orange is the New Black

I heard about this show a few months ago but I never got around watching it until yesterday, and I'm already on episode eight out of thirteen. I'm hooked.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am watching the HBO animated series of Spawn.  I forgot that I actually had all of the episodes on my computer until I came across a YouTube video tribute to the series and realized that I had not watched it for quite a long time.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just finished watching the last four episodes of season 1 of The Legend of Korra. They were great, but I didn't really like the way it ended.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am about to rewatch Parsifal (the 1980 Hans Jurgen Syberberg film.)  In my opinion, it is an interesting and moving take on Wagner's original masterpiece.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Paranormal videos on YouTube,I've always been interested in that stuff.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Disney's Planes

It's not as bad as everyone says it is.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
From the guys who brought you Dragonball Z Abridged and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged come a new series from them!

Attack on Titan Abridged

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Magpul Dynamics - The Art of the Dynamic Shotgun (DVD #1)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile