The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Make the Headaches Go Away!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Okay.  I'm so sick and tired of having to tell people how to take pictures of their screen in the "show us your current desktop" thread so I'm just going to make my own thread that I can point confused people to.  Let's begin.

1.  Make sure to clean up your desktop and get it ready for the screenshot.  Remove unnecessary icons and clean stuff up.

2.  After cleanup, get to your desktop and hit the button on the keyboard called "Print Screen".  On some keyboards, it's totally written out like that, but it can also be seen as "Prt Scr".  The key is located at the top of the keyboard above the arrow and navigation keys.

3.  Open up paint.

4.  Hold down the "Ctrl" key (located at the lower left corner of your keyboard) and press the "V" key.  Release both keys.  The desktop should be shown in paint.

5.  Scroll over to see the entire image.  Is there any white around it?  If so, simply reduce the size of the white area by dragging it from the lower right corner to the size of your image.  If you can't see any white area, proceed to step 6.

6.  Go to the file menu and click "save".

7.  Save the image to your desktop or an easily accessible location.

Showing Us The Image

1.  Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account if you don't have one.

2.  Once you have an account, upload the screenshot you took.

3.  Once the image is uploaded, take the {img} tagged link and copy and paste it into your message on GOF.

That's it folks!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Would you actually believe my old Windows computer doesn't have Paint on it? :p  I actually wanted to do it with that one for the time I had to use it and discovered that Paint didn't exist anymore.