The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gang of Five Karaoke Project

action9000 · 103 · 10530

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If you're interested, Malte, I could send you my progress so far, but I still have a lot to do.
Please do! I'm really looking forward to listen to it, even if it is incomplete :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
MP3 progress so far: 1:15 (about 30%)
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/lbt.html
I'll try to finish it by the end of this weekend  :wow

By the way, how does everyone feel about this as being the speed of the song?  It's really easy to change  :DD

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, well about getting this finished by the end of the weekend...

I'm about 50% done.  I'm working very slowly because I keep changing and tearing sections of the song apart and...haha I'm slow  :p

I'll get this finished Asap, then we can start recording  :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No rush.

I'm still with a head cold/sinus infection, and its not going to be going away anytime soon unfortunately, so I won't be singing anything until next week at the earliest.  Right now I only hear really decently out of one ear, very congested, and somewhat unable to notice any pain.  :o  Don't really understand all of it either, but it'll be a while before I'm "normal" again.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, RR.
No problem then.  I shall take my time.
1:50 complete as of this post.

[EDIT] Two days later, and no progress.  I had a fair amount of homework to take care of for school, but now I have a nice 5-day weekend.  I *Should* be able to finish the MP3 by monday  with no trouble :p [/EDIT]

DuckyFan214

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi um I know u are working on a song right now so I wont be joining in this one but if u do another song I would love to sing in it :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If anyone else wants to sing any of these lines alongside these singers, feel free to join up!
Maybe we should consider this? Perhaps every line in the song could be made a duet? That way you too could join up DuckyFan and also people would have some more lines each? Do you think this is possible Action9000?

DuckyFan214

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah maybe u could do that, well if thats what u guys decide to do let me know :) I will join in if u guys decide to do it that way :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Absolutely!  Like Malte and I mentioned, we can always welcome more singers  :D

Your job is simple: We just need you to decide which part(s) you wish to sing.  Since no one else has joined since the project has started, you have a choice of any of the 5 singing roles.

Each of these roles is explain an in above post.  just post back with your preference.  If you don't have a preference, we can assign you one  :p

DuckyFan214

• Ruby
    • View Profile
um it doesnt really matter u can just assign me one :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it would be the easiest if you sing the same lines as your brother? If you sing the lines together I suppose it would be most easy to make sure that the singing is synchrone.
It would be the lines: "Live believing dreams are for weaving. Wonders are waiting to start. Live Your Story; faith, hope, and glory. Hold to the truth in your heart."
and the following refrain.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, here is the Updated vocal assignments for each singer.  For the same reason as Malte stated above, I will be singing with tobeysan.  We know each other's voices well enough, it will be easier for us to be in tune.

Singer 1:
"Don't lose your way, each each passing day. You've come so far; don't throw it away.
Singers 1 and 2:
Live believing dreams are for weaving. Wonders are waiting to start.
Singer 2:
Live Your Story; faith, hope, and glory. Hold to the truth in your heart."

Singers 1 and 2: First chorus
"If We Hold On Together..."

Singer 3:
"Souls in the wind must learn how to bend. Seek out a star; hold on to the end.

Singers 3 and 4:
Valley, mountain, there is a fountain, washing our tears all away.
Singer 4:
Words are swaying, someone is praying. Please let us come home to stay.

Singers 3 and 4:
Second Chorus

Singer 5:
"When we are out there in the dark, we'll dream about the sun.
Singer 6:
In the dark, we'll feel the light warm our hearts, everyone."

All 6 singers
Final chorus.

Assigned singers:

Singer 1: Duckyfan
Singer 2: Littlefoot Fan

Singer 3: action9000
Singer 4: tobeysan

Singer 5: Malte
Singer 6: RogerRabbit

How does this look, everyone?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I see no problems with this setup.

Malte, you and I are somehow going to have to set up microphones or send samples to see if we can harmonize since we'll be sending in separate recordings.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Roger, I may have changed this since you last read it.  Please check over what each part sings again, since it may be slightly different.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Since there's only two parts that me and Malte do, why don't we each go solo?  He takes the first, and I'll take the second?

See that's what I'm wondering....can we harmonize when we're not together?  Right now, I'm not too sure it'll work that well so it might be better if we go solo there since it is the hardest part of the song....where harminization is hard to make work unless you collaborate with your duet partner side by side.....

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Done -  :wow
Good luck with that section, guys.  It is tricky.
Feel free to sing in unison.  No need to get fancy with harmonizing  :p
Besides, the music I'm writing in has fairly complex chord progressions at times, which would make detailed harmonizing even more difficult.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The MP3 is 75% done, gang  :lol
Should be ready by the end of saturday if all goes well

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, I've run into a fairly substantial computer problem on my end, and I have to format my hard drive  :mad .  I'm writing this on my grandparents' computer.

This will push back progress of the Mp3 a good day or so, since I lost a day and a half of being able to work on it.

Ideally, I'll try to have it done by the end of sunday

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I won't be able to record anything till the beginning of March at the earliest, so take your time.