The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dame's Computer Repair Standard Applications

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm pleased to announce the release of my second version of standard applications I use for my business.  It's available to download from my server.  I use this pack to install all my standard applications and I give this pack to my clients just in case they want to wipe their computer or put those tools onto another computer.  Here's what the main program window looks like:

Included Applications (all are latest versions as of February 7th, 2009)

Driver Genius:  This is a handy little app that allows you to install drivers to your computer.  I only use it when I don't know the model of the computer I need to install drivers on, but it's really very useful.

Firefox:  The best web browser on the planet.  Newest version included.

AVG:  Free antivirus system that I install on all my client's computers and all the machines that I sell.

Rocket Dock:  Dock applications that adds a mac-like dock to your windows PC.  Works on windows XP, Vista, and 7.

XP Sidebar:  A Windows Vista-like sidebar application for windows XP.  Does NOT work on Windows Vista or Windows 7

VLC Media Player:  A simple but effective media player.  Great for playing DVDs on computers with low power and laptops.

Winrar:  A great archiver.  Everyone should have it.  Helps you open and create compressed archives.

RunMe:  Small application that runs on the side of your screen.  It allows you to put shortcuts of your most frequently used programs on it for easy access.

You may download this version of standard applications by following this link:

http://lbtserver.2myip.net/StandardTools/

It's called "DamesComputerRepairStandardApplications.exe".

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  My one stop shop! :D

I'll remember this the next time I have to wipe my computer.  Of course, I don't expect to have to do that for quite a while. :)