The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Movie Ever!

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever

Haven't seen it, but by the MPAA rating, I can tell its nothing I want to see.

It almost goes past the R rating I'd say.

See:

Rated R for strong bloody violence and gore, disturbing gross content, sexuality/nudity and pervasive language.

Nothing I'd watch.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
Lol, isn't that the one where the girl goes all "Pancakes...PANCAKES....PAAANNCAAAAKEEEESSS!!!!" and bites off the guy's hand? :p :lol

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Sep 4 2010 on  01:15 PM
^
Lol, isn't that the one where the girl goes all "Pancakes...PANCAKES....PAAANNCAAAAKEEEESSS!!!!" and bites off the guy's hand? :p :lol
Its the sequel to it, and their doing third appearantly (only if the can find a director that dosen't want to change his name)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is truly a difficult subject for me, as I have intentionally seen many horrible films.  In fact, a common hobby for me and friends is to find a film widely regarded as bad and watch it in order to have fun mocking the movie.  Some times the movie is so bad that it is good - like Zardoz for example, which actually does have an interesting premise.  But some films I have actually avoided screening with my friends because they are absolutely unwatchable and I didn't want to subject my friends to them.  

Some of the films that I would consider almost unwatchable are:

Dr. Caligari (a 1989 cult film - very inappropriate for minors)
Glen Or Glenda (An Ed Wood movie widely regarded as one of the worst films ever made)
In Search of the Wow Wow Wibble Woggle Wazzie Woodle Woo! (the only though that I had while watching this film is: "Why does this exist?")
Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000
Manos: The Hands of Fate
Meet The Spartans

Of those, I would have to say that I enjoy Glen Or Glenda the least.  It lacked some of the charm that Plan Nine from Outer Space had and, as a consequence, is almost painful to watch.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
White House Down
Olympus Has Fallen

Two White House Gets Attacked movies that are both just terrible.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sharknado.  After watching the NC review of it, I have to say that I lost faith in humanity yet again when I heard that not only did it get "generally positive" reviews and has an 80% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but that a sequel is being made.  The critics must have been smoking crack.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but 'The Room' takes the cake for me. Terrible story, terrible acting, awful music and a really... weird script. For some reason though, once you've started watching it it's impossible to look away  :spit

My favourite line in the film: "Just leave your stupid comments in your pocket!"

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Last Airbender. I thought Dragonball: Evolution was bad, but The Last Airbender definitely takes the biscuit in my opinion.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Nov 15 2013 on  05:01 PM
White House Down
Um, could you go further into your reason why?  Because I saw that movie as well and I really enjoyed it.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time: The Wisdom of Friends (It had it coming)

Roadside Romeo (Why have a movie thats only HALF english and release it in UK,America,Australia etc? I didn't understand most of it,it's mostly in Hindi and theres no full english version and yet they wanted it to be watched by english people too,no wonder why it was a fail. Though I like the song Choo Le Nah from it).

Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-a-day Adventure (They ruined it,Alpha and Omega remains one of my top movies but this sequel SUCKS,way to short. Plot is rushed,animation on new characters looks odd. Just ugh,they ruined a great movie with a crappy sequel.

Twilight (Sorry Twilight fans but *yawn*)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually thought "The Room" was hilarious, even if it was unintentional.   It's so laughably bad it's hard for me to hate it.  Also, I found the game adaption to be pretty enjoyable.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Spartanguy88,Nov 15 2013 on  06:01 PM
White House Down
Olympus Has Fallen

Not to mention the title 'Olympus has Fallen' is very misleading, since the film doesn't take place in Greece and therefore has nothing to do with Olympus.

And for those who say its supposed to be symbolic, I doubt it, Americans these days aren't allowed to do symbolism because the mainstream American audiences would not get it.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Last Airbender. I thought Dragonball: Evolution was bad, but The Last Airbender definitely takes the biscuit in my opinion.

I am surprised that I forgot to include that on my list.  Perhaps I repressed the memory of watching that film in theaters?  It certainly was a tough film to sit through.

White House Down
Olympus Has Fallen

I have heard some some bad reviews for these films as well, but neither myself or my friends have seen them as of yet.  For those of you who disliked these movies, do you feel that they are in the "so bad their good" category (might be fun to sit through and make jokes about) or "so bad their horrible" category?  I will probably see them anyway, as I don't express an opinion on a film until I actually see it, but I would like to have an idea of what I am getting myself into.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 20 2013 on  09:43 PM
I actually thought "The Room" was hilarious, even if it was unintentional.   It's so laughably bad it's hard for me to hate it.  Also, I found the game adaption to be pretty enjoyable.
Oh, don't get me wrong, 'The Room' is one of the funniest films I think I've ever seen. The kicker is, Tommy Wiseau genuinely thought he was making a straight, serious drama  :D

The game of it was pretty good, too. You have to love the boss fight against 'Chris. R'  :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Okay, can we limit to "worse movie ever" title to actual really, really bad movies and not just throw it around to any and all mainstream films we just happen to not like. I'm seeing way to much of that in some of these entries. Worse movie ever: Red Zone CUba, hands down.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I nominate this pile of vomit as being one of the worst animated movies I've ever seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_United#Reception

I hate pretentious environmental films, especially when they pander to kids.  But this horrible piece of excrement is one of the worst.  Stereotypical, cliched, extremely heavy-handed with horrible animation, annoying characters, terribly unfunny jokes, and a stupid plot that makes no sense.  The creators of this movie were on drugs or something.  This is what "The Legend of Titanic" would be if you removed the Titanic from it.  And a polar bear in Africa?  Really?  Oh, and the movie also has a "all humans need to die" message thrown in near the end, courtesy of an irritating tortoise.  Because that's totally appropriate for a movie aimed at kids.  

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Dec 8 2013 on  01:01 PM
I nominate this pile of vomit as being one of the worst animated movies I've ever seen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_United#Reception

I hate pretentious environmental films, especially when they pander to kids.  But this horrible piece of excrement is one of the worst.  Stereotypical, cliched, extremely heavy-handed with horrible animation, annoying characters, terribly unfunny jokes, and a stupid plot that makes no sense.  The creators of this movie were on drugs or something.  This is what "The Legend of Titanic" would be if you removed the Titanic from it.  And a polar bear in Africa?  Really?  Oh, and the movie also has a "all humans need to die" message thrown in near the end, courtesy of an irritating tortoise.  Because that's totally appropriate for a movie aimed at kids.
Genecide: fun for the whole family!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Danosaur

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The worst film I've ever seen by far is a British comedy film called 'Love Bite' which I saw in the cinema last year. Meant to be a horror-comedy about werewolves but is actually a combination of the most stupid and immature sex jokes imaginable, like it was written by a 13 year-old, with about 5 minutes of terribly CGI'd werewolves at the end to justify the horror tag. I was literally the only person in the entire cinema watching it and I can understand why.

It actually caused a bit of controversy here in the UK because it was partially funded with government money, and the film was so poor it actually caused political debate about wasting taxpayers' money.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Although its a TV series, Supernatural. It all feels like blantant propaganda, and when they began to bring in Pagan deities and demonize them for no good reason, I found this series very offensive, like no other.

North. We all know how bad it is.

Snow White and The Huntsman, need I say more.

Signs, I genuinely enjoy most of M. Night Shaymalan's films, but here it seemed like he fell to Ed Wood's level.

Speaking of which, The Last Airbender.

The Craft, now as one who is serious about Paganism, this one really offended me. Not to mention that it doesn't even hold up on its own.

The Witches(1990)

Hocus Pocus(1993), again need I say more?

The Blair Witch Project

Another TV series, The Dark Secret of Harvest Home(1978), while this series is nowhere near as offensive as 'Supernatural', it makes North seem watchable and that can't be good.

The Clash Of The Titans remake(2009), it just wasn't really needed. The original 1981 version was already perfect.

King Arthur(2005), who in their right mind thought that making Arthur Pendragon and his knights Roman was a good idea. Hell, Arthur is not even king in this version, he's an officer instead, WTF?!

Catwoman(2004), worst. comic. book. spinoff. ever.

Highlander: The Source:

Coming from a guy that is a massive fan of Highlander, all I can say is that this is the series' lowest point. Surely, "There can be only one" can be applied to the films it originated from - as in only the original Highlander should exist.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Billy Madison was kind of a dumb movie. Master of Disguise (although I loved it when it came out) is kinda dumb too in parts. The one movie I hated when it came out was probably Seabiscuit. That movie was SOOOOOOOO BOOOORRIIINGGG!!!!!!!! :anger I hate horse movies and racing usually is super boring (in that case it was at least). I was so bored I was walking and running up and down the stairs and my dad had to grab me and discipline me because he was angry that I was annoying everyone. He really shouldn't have blamed me though. I was MISERABLE watching that movie..  :cry