The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What movie genre do you like most?

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
My favorite genres are:

-Science Fiction
-War
-Thriller
-Suspense
-Horror
-Mystery
-Comedy
-Action/Adventure
-Documentary

My least favorite:

-Romance
-Fantasy

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like most of those too except romance.  I hate mushy kissy movies.  The only reason I like Titanic is because I well, uh, like the Titanic.  Keep the love story.  I just like the ship.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, movies eh?  Can't say I watch all that many movies, to be honest.  Depending in the mood I'm in, I can sit down and enjoy almost any type of movie, providing it's good.  There are some genres I would prefer Not to watch, though:

- Old-time movies (about a ghost from a wishing well  :lol  yay Gordon Lightfoot. Anyway :lol.  Don't get it?  That's ok  :p ) , from the 60s and prior.  I just can't care enough.

- True Musicals.  Ironic, considering music is my major pasttime, but I've never enjoyed true Musicals, to sit down and watch.  The Sound of Music?  No.  Music Man?  No.  Paint Your Wagon?  No.  :P:

- Political films.  I didn't like social studies.  I don't like history.  I don't like politics.  I don't want them in my movies  :p

- War movies.  Similar reason.  Battles have generally been historical, and I never cared for historical films.  Sorry, "Braveheart" and "Saving Private Ryan" :lol

Anything else?  Good with me  B)
I like a good comedy, action movie, some sci-fi (Star Wars comes to mind), and some movies that are a bit of every genre [an example is Spiderman - a mix of action, documentary, sci-fi, romance, mystery (at least for the main character.  Not so much for the audience)]

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Never really thought about which genres I prefer. I find any genre of movies can be enjoyed...however there are some I would like better than others.

Suspense: I usually enjoy these as they're scary in a way that's not too scary :lol:  Yea I'm sure that's the way to put it :rolleyes:

Thriller: This has got to be my favorite genre...if I'm on the same page that is :lol:

Comedy: Who doesn't enjoy a good laugh? I love comedies, always in the mood to watch one :yes

Action/Adventure: Absolutely! These are always fun to watch :^.^:

Documentary: Eehh, unless they're about something that I'm really curious about, then I may watch it. Otherwise...no :p

Mystery: Don't really know if I've seen many of these, but if "National Treasure" counts as one, then I love this genre :lol

Fantasy: I love movies like this. Brings back memories of rpgs I've played :lol: That is if this includes "LOTR" and "The Brothers Grim"(God was that a good movie :D)

Romance: If this is basically what's on Lifetime, then I'm going to have to say that I like this genre :P:

Horror: Geez the horror movies they have out now, they tryin to kill us or something? :P: Horror can be good, if it doesn't have too much of what really scares me in it :unsure:

Musical: Uuhh god no. Sometimes they can be enjoyed but I would never watch one intentionally :lol

Also I'm with you action9000 as far as historical films go. Some are good but I usually don't enjoy most.

[an example is Spiderman - a mix of action, documentary, sci-fi, romance, mystery (at least for the main character. Not so much for the audience)]
God did I LOVE the Spiderman movies, especially the 2nd one :p. Can't wait for the 3rd one :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
#1 - (and it should be no surprise) animation - that is true skill at its best  :D ; there are so many subgenres in animation (since an animated film could be political, war, or musical, etc.) so I pretty much included them all

#2 - musicals - Wizard of Oz, Sound of Music, Music Man, Oklahoma,...all go my way.

#3 - comedy - don't have many that fall in this category, but they're good for a laugh (Miss Congeniality, Down Periscope)

#4 - historical fiction - I think the only one I have that fits the bill here is Titanic

I will NOT watch war movies.  'Nuff said.  I can't even watch myself get vaccinations if that's any clue as to why I can't watch war movies....

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't even watch myself get vaccinations
If you're referring to needles, I have never watched them stick one in me before :o I really hate needles

#1 - (and it should be no surprise) animation - that is true skill at its best ; there are so many subgenres in animation (since an animated film could be political, war, or musical, etc.) so I pretty much included them all
How could I forget about animation? :slap

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think documenteries too.  I like the show "Mail Call" on the History Channel.   R. Lee Ermey is awsome.  He used to be a marine and fought in Vietnam.  He kicks ass and if you ask a stupid question, you get chewed out.  They talk about military stuff and people e-mail the guy questions about the stuff.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I LOOOOVE Mail Call!  That show is hilarious!  :lol   Oh, I also like to watch Myth Busters on the Discovery Channel, I like what they do with their crash test dummy, Buster.  And it's hilarious what they with balistics gel.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:p I love Myth Busters too.  I liked the one where they tested the theory about peeing on the electrified third rail of a subway! :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :DD  :DD  :lol  :lol

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked the myth about the plastic bottel jetpack.  Crash test dummy yoga! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!  I wanted to see a person test it.  What about the steel tipped boot one? :lol  :DD

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked that one too.  "This myth is busted, completley." :lol  :DD

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:wave I love action movies.  Especially ones with airplanes.  I love Top Gun!

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like any action movie that has a lot of guns.  Like MR and MRS Smith or The Matrix.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love Independance Day.  Good movie.  Will Smith was awesome.  He must like killing alians.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
He also did a good job in iRobot.