The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Messing Around With Windows Server 2008

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
As some of you know by now, I've totally re-coded the LBT server's main script code, added some new features, and totally changed the design and layout.  Despite this fact, I feel somewhat...limited by my coding abilities.  Because of this, I've decided to try to teach myself Windows Server 2008.  So yeah, I'm testing it out and I'm getting pretty excited.  However, just a few minutes ago I crippled my entire network and the server crashed like a bomb.  It took 7 whole minutes to reinitialize it.  

I'm just saying that I can't trust the stability of my network while I'm testing out Windows Server 2008 so don't be surprised if it doesn't work when you try to go to my server.  If it's down, check back in a few minutes.  It doesn't take me long to reboot my entire network.

I am still working on coding the existing LBT server system that I created myself, but I'm going to try to switch to Windows Server 2008.  Once I get through college I might reboot my LBT server system project, but until then I need a system where most of the coding has been done for me.  I have big plans for the server and I can't do them with my existing system.

I'd show y'all my server code, but I sort of want to protect it if ya know what I mean.  But let me tell you...it's pages and pages long....thousands of lines of code. :lol When I'm coding my server, I get sooooooooo confused sometimes. :bang