The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I think it's finally ready to present.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As some of you know, I've been making a site for gamers for more than a week now.  I think it's finally ready to present to the places where gamers hang out most.

Now, understand that it has yet to upgrade to it's own domain name. (This will cost me $250 at the best discount possible.  This will make it about $2.08 per month for the next 10 years.  I have to pay it all in advance.  My best bet to pay for it is by next month.)

Still, despite this fact, tell me what you think.

Click on the link below to check it out:

http://allvideogames.weebly.com/

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You can get domain names for about $10 per year.  Weebly, Freewebs, and other places just rip you off.

www.godaddy.com

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I went through godaddy when I had my own domain.  They're very reliable and good domain name sellers.  I wouldn't go anywhere else.  

Stopped paying for stuff like domains and webhosting because in the end it wasn't worth it when there's decent free stuff out there.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 26 2009 on  01:46 PM
You can get domain names for about $10 per year.  Weebly, Freewebs, and other places just rip you off.

www.godaddy.com
Can I just easily move it over?  I mean, I put a lot of work into it and I seriously don't want to start over. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 26 2009 on  03:46 PM

www.godaddy.com
Personally, I like Freewebs, or Webs as it's called. Easy for me to use, made my own site with it. Basic and simple, just the way I like it. I'm not interested in paying any amount of money for a site. Unless I want to make a professional site, I'll stick with Webs.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 26 2009 on  01:46 PM
You can get domain names for about $10 per year.  Weebly, Freewebs, and other places just rip you off.

www.godaddy.com
Okay, I got the domain name for it.  Now what?

(Seriously, I'm a blank with this stuff.  I need all the help I can get.)

EDIT: Never mind!  Found the info with Google's help. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Tell us when you have the domain name pointing to your site.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 27 2009 on  03:23 PM
Tell us when you have the domain name pointing to your site.
It'll take a few days to set it all up.  I predict by Monday at the latest it'll be ready, though I'm aiming for Saturday/Sunday.