The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you thinking about?

Amaranthine · 1117 · 77304

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Realizing how much I miss our chats.

<3

Thinking about how I hate school when it's vacation, but am suddenly okay with it when the semester starts. The irony.

I just hate school all the time tbh, but I still love the friends and socializing aspect of it. :p

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
<3

Yeah, by and large I was not a big fan of school either, but the friends and socialization was a bright spot.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just took a glance at the board statistics and it looks like we are currently less than four thousand posts away from reaching 500,000 total forum posts. I remember certain members celebrating how they were the ones who made the 100,000th, 200,000th, 300,000th, and 400,000th posts, so it seems the next such milestone will soon be upon us.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just took a glance at the board statistics and it looks like we are currently less than four thousand posts away from reaching 500,000 total forum posts. I remember certain members celebrating how they were the ones who made the 100,000th, 200,000th, 300,000th, and 400,000th posts, so it seems the next such milestone will soon be upon us.

This is pretty exciting. I wonder who will make the 500,000th post? We're currently at the 497.4k mark as of writing this post.

As to what I'm thinking about, I have this pet peeve about a certain feature of this forum for awhile now. I absolutely understand the reason why it was implemented in the first place, but it's still very annoying to deal with to be honest. :p

:anger :anger :anger

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree. I too understand why that feature is there, but yeah, it is annoying. Especially since, if you wait out the fifteen seconds and then click the back button, and then try to post again, you get another error message saying you've already made that post or something like that, but then it won't actually let the post actually go through.
:!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree. I too understand why that feature is there, but yeah, it is annoying. Especially since, if you wait out the fifteen seconds and then click the back button, and then try to post again, you get another error message saying you've already made that post or something like that, but then it won't actually let the post actually go through.

The solution to that problem is that after you get the error message, immediately press the back button, refresh the page, and then wait 15 seconds. The post should go through after that. :)

...Do I sense another forum suggestion Stardust? :Mo
You thinking what I'm thinking?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 02:01:55 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hmm, I guess this feature is for ones who likes to.. ahem.. spam recent posts page all the time? In one hour?  :evilsmile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

The solution to that problem is that after you get the error message, immediately press the back button, refresh the page, and then wait 15 seconds. The post should go through after that. :)

Ah, thank you. I never knew about that nifty little trick.

Hmm, maybe you and I should compile a list of all our forum suggestions sometime.

hmm, I guess this feature is for ones who likes to.. ahem.. spam recent posts page all the time? In one hour?  :evilsmile
I have no idea what you're talking about. :DD

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, maybe you and I should compile a list of all our forum suggestions sometime.

Sure! :)
I wonder how we got from Mo rank to this tbh. :lol

How could we have spammed if the feature we were talking about prevents spam from happening? :evilsmile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile

Ah, thank you. I never knew about that nifty little trick.
This trick works because a post is saved in cache, so you can press back and it's indeed saved. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about whether I can get some more work done on my new prompt that is soon approaching its deadline. My plan is to have it ready for publishing before January is over, and by the looks of things, I will be able to make that deadline even if I didn't work on it yesterday. That's my usual routine: try to write every day, but I can't always hold on to that promise. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I too try to get at least a little bit of writing done every day. :yes In this case, I will likely have to submit my Dec story prompt incomplete and just finish up the remaining chapters later. Hopefully I can still get my drawings done on time though!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
1,225 registered members as of yesterday! How far the community as a whole come was on my mind.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^Now to wait for approximately +30 years until we hit 2,000. :cheers

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^With only less than 100 of those 2,000 members actually active members of the community. :p

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

And now we are less than a thousand posts away from the 500,000th post. We're getting very close now...

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

And now we are less than a thousand posts away from the 500,000th post. We're getting very close now...

Phew, now we're basically ~200 posts from the 500,000th milestone. The anticipation is real... :olittlefoot

The thing that's even more surreal is how close the forum is to 10 million total page views. The current number as of now is 9,977,708 and counting.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And we just blew past it, all because a certain pest tried getting around the ban yet again and spammed everything. :anger

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And we just blew past it, all because a certain pest tried getting around the ban yet again and spammed everything. :anger

What horrible timing tbh. He’s now the GOF’s “500,000th” poster, unless Gentle Sharptooth beat him to the punch, since he posted alongside him.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

What horrible timing tbh. He’s now the GOF’s “500,000th” poster, unless Gentle Sharptooth beat him to the punch, since he posted alongside him.
Mods are decreasing his message count though, so it's possible that someone will retroactively be 500,000th. :p