The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask away!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Ah, okay. It's just I keep hearing a lot of Obama hate from our country, and quite frankly I find it very annoying that some people blame him for all of the country's problems. :rolleyes That's just me though. I don't hold anything against you or anything, I'm just curious is all. :)

And in following that question...what do you think Obama could be doing right now to be a better president?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry about that.. :(

Honestly, i dont know. Im not sure what presidents do to make things better or worse..  :blink: Although im not to thrilled with the Whale thing.. (I cant remember exactly what it was.. Didn't he lift the ban on Whale Hunting or something like that?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
There's nothing to be sorry for and I apologize for making you feel bad. That was not my intent. *hugs*

Sooo what other fandoms do you like besides Land Before Time and the Black Cauldron.

And just in case you don't know, fandom is basically your favorite books, movies, tv shows, games, etc.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's okay, there is nothing to be sorry about :)

My other favorite fandoms are Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean(Except for the third movie), Plenty of other Disney movies but im not going to bother typing them all out because there are alot.. Jurassic Park, Underworld.. I really like the Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies but i have not played the games yet (Hoping to atleast get a chance for the SH ones). Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts.. Alot of anime shows like Cowboy Beebop, Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain and Dragon Ball Z (Which was where i got the first part of my name: Babidi).

There are alot of others but i cant really think of any at the moment, but there are lots.. :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Who would you say are your top ten favorite villains? I recall you saying that Maleficent is your top favorite, and I know Ozzy, Davy Jones, and the Horned King are up there too.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yup, you are correct, Maleficent and Davy Jones are in the top tens. Maleficent has been my favoritest ever since i was a kid. Davy Jones though, is someone who i actually want to marry.. (Im talking about the guy with the tentacle beard from POTC.. Yeah! Im weird!) The second guy i want to marry is a skeleton.. A disney skeleton.. And is a Disney villain.. Any guesses on who that might be?  :D

Anyways, here are my top 10 favorite characters..
1. Maleficent
2. Davy Jones
3. Jolly Roger
4. Witch-King
5. Gothmog
6. General Grievous
7. Ozzy
8. Horned King
9. Edgar(Bug)
10. Chernabog

Unfortunately, that's only a few of my favorite characters.. Might as well make it top 50!  :confused

It doesn't really matter which order they are in.. Notice how the Horned King is the eighth character listed when i've been, like you said in the last question, obsessing over him recently? You could say i have a 'Character-Of-The-While List' and he is currently Character-Of-The-While. However, Maleficent and Davy Jones will always remain as my top favorites. By the way, each character has a link to a picture just in case your wondering what they look like.. Dont fall out of your chair when you see Gothmog.. :smile But i still love him. Just dont want to marry him..  :blink:

But yeah, the list changes sometimes.. Honorable mentions are Lurtz, Nitros Oxide, The Forgotten One and a few others that i forgot about.. :nyah But hey! Atleast i remembered the Forgotten One!  :crazy  :D

EDIT: Honorable mention also goes to Babidi, one of the villains from Dragon Ball Z! :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow…I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has a romantic interest in those characters. :o

Apart from Jolly Roger (whom you introduced me to recently), I think I’m familiar with everyone on that list. Gothmog’s the Orc (or Uruk-Hai? :unsure:) with the tumorous-looking head, right? *Checks link* Yep. :yes I don’t recognize any of the villains you cited as honorable mentions, though.

New question: You said you liked the first two Pirates of the Caribbean films, but not the third. I was just curious why that is. (I suspect the main reasons are that Davy Jones and the Kraken die, :( and the Flying Dutchman’s crew revert to their boring human forms. :p)

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yup, that's pretty much the reason why as well.. If you heard someone bursting into tears at the scene where Davy Jones gets killed, that would have been me..

Jack Sparrow was likeable in the first movie, but then in the second movie it kinda went "Ehh, he's alright.." come third movie however, i just down right hate the man.. I dont hold Will Turner responsible for the death of beloved captain, Davy Jones. It was Jack Sparrow that killed him in my eyes.. Will was to weak and would not have been able to kill Jones if it weren't for Jack. And my hatred for Jack goes even further: He was responsible for why my Jolly Cakes is all skeletally! (Thought it would have been the Horned King, eh? But no.. Jolly Roger would be the other option for who i want to marry. As i've said: Im strange..)

A few other things i disliked was..

1. The Multiple Jacks.. NOT What i had in mind for what he would have encountered in the Locker. I imagined suffering the same fate over and over again while trying to avoid it but to no avail.
2. Calypso being released.. By growing in size? Not very original in my opinion.. And the slowed down voice didn't help one bit..
3. Love conquers all.. They sure toasted that little memo with Davy and Caly.. Just as Maestro Forte from Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas said(or sang): Dont fall in love..
4. In particuler, Jack Sparrow was a jerk.. I hated him more then Elizabeth in the second movie!
5. But out of them all, Davy Jones' death.. They led me to believe he would live! And they killed him! They could have atleast showed whether or not he was forgiven(Though i think Calypso should be the one begging for forgiveness..) or if he was abandoned.. Yet again..

Bah, i've said enough.. Jack Sparrow fans from across the world probably hate me now if they ever read that.. There were scenes i liked, like the beginning when they sing 'Hoist the Colors'. It was also cool seeing Barbossa return, as i've had this little saying: The reason why sequels never do so good is their missing the original baddie(Fine example is Men in Black II). And the scenes with Davy Jones in particuler stole the spotlight for me.. But it is my least favorite of the Pirates movies. Heard news of a forth and i thought. "Oh boy, whoop-de-doo.."  :anger But that is why i dislike the third pirates movie.  :cry

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree with you about a lot of those things. I didn’t really mind the “multiple personalities/Jack talking to himself” stuff, but it’s definitely not how I would envision purgatory. I didn’t think much differently of Jack himself than I did in the first two films, though. As for Davy Jones, I had always felt certain that he was going to die in the third movie, but I was definitely sad about it (He’s probably my favorite character from the series as well).

Anyway, I’ve got another question: What did I say in my Horned King captions that made you so certain I had seen The Black Cauldron? :) :p

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I hadn't realised just how fun he is to caption!" or something like that.. :p Also, after reading and laughing at some of those captions, it just seemed like you've seen the movie.. ^_^ Actually was quite surprised when i read you only saw it once though :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This must be the line you’re talking about. I was just having a lot of fun coming up with captions for all the Horned King images you were posting (his unintentionally hilarious expressions offered a wide range of caption possibilities :lol), many of which I was quite proud of. Basically I found his comedic potential surprising (ironic even), considering that I had previously thought of him as an extremely dark and creepy villain. I actually remember the movie so poorly that I don’t think I referenced it deliberately in any of the captions I posted. :blink: (This strikes me as a similar situation to the one Ptyra brought up a while back regarding my Brave Little Toaster captions.)

If you were a dinosaur (in the LBT universe or otherwise), what kind would you be and why? :p

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you have any intention of continuing your Journey to the Island fanfic?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay! A LBT Related question!  :lol

The three Dinosaurs that seem to come to mind are..

T-Rex, Spinosaur or Velociraptor (That or Suchomimus)

T-Rex, because it's my favorite dinosaur of all.
Spinosaur, because of the character i made for 'Journey to the Island'.
Or Velociraptor, as i like to be speedy and think it would be fun to jump-attack my pray!  :anger Erm..

But other then that, im a carnivore and i love meat!  :p I dont mind eating Salad every now and then.. But im like Ozzy: Im picky about my food.. :lol

Speaking of Ozzy.. For laughs, it would be pretty interesting to be a Struthiomimus as well.. Can you guess why?  :p

Wonder what the heck kind of Dinosaurs Davy Jones, Horned King and Gothmog would be..  :smile

Also, saw your post, Caustizer!
Yep, i plan on continuing 'Journey to the Island'. Sadly, the end is drawing near already.. :( Why am i so slow with that story? Things are pretty busy in real, still baby-sitting little niece, teaching her the ways of the dark side of the force.. erm.. But, yeah.. I am able to check the forums while baby-sitting, but it's hard writing stories while baby-sitting.. But i wont give up! I shall come up with ideas eventually, and bada-bing bada-boom, there you shall have it :) Sorry for the story being so slow :(

EDIT: Not to mention i've been getting idea-storms for other stories (Posted a chapter of my villains fanfic here.) but still, i wont give up until the journey ends.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Besides the obvious, who is/are your favorite character/s from The Black Cauldron, and/or what do you like the most about the movie? :p

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Horned King.. :DD If i had to choose someone besides him, Gurgi.. He reminds me of a fuzzier/nicer version of gollum/smeagul from Lord of the Rings.

What do i like most about the movie? The Horned King..  :lol

Honestly, im not really sure.. I thought it was as good as any other Disney movie i watched. But after discovering that not many people know the movie that well, it kinda made me like it even more..

I guess i like movies that nobody else really likes (Ever heard of Battlefield Earth? Probably the most hated movie in the history of hated movies.. Ever. But i dont see anything wrong with it, i like the movie!)

Ugh, you should see what i had to write down a few days ago about the Horned King..  :crazy It was all for a Disney RP Forum and it(Fortunately and Unfortunately) was declined..  :crazy

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just curious: how do you pronounce your special nickname for me? :p Is it “Pan-jee”, “Pan-gee”, or “Pang-gee”?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you were a dinosaur (or other prehistoric creature) in the LBT series, what kind would you be?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As i've said before in one of the previous responses: T-Rex, Spinosaur or Velociraptor but i would probably be.. Im not sure.  :smile Im leaning towards Raptor, but at the same time i think it would be really cool to be a T-Rex. I cant decide!  :lol

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever heard of or seen a tawny frogmouth?

I ask because I came across this video clip today and immediately thought of you (because, apparently, a lot of people think they look just like Skeksis :p).